Dealers in Dallas?

Home Forums Windstone Editions Ask Melody Dealers in Dallas?

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Jacklyn
    Participant

I used to have a couple of places I could go locally to purchase new pieces but both places have since gone out of business. Are there any active dealers in the Dallas area? Houston? Austin?

Courtney
      Participant

I don’t think Windstones are sold in retail stores anymore?

The man in black fled across the desert and the gunslinger followed.

Kujacker
        Participant

They are still sold in stores. Last time I was up north, I walked into a shop and an entire wall actually had Windstones of all kinds on display. A coworker also recently sent me photos from a random shop (don’t know where) that had a decent number of them (they remembered me mentioning a type of dragon statue… they didn’t realize those were the exact statues haha).
          It just seems stores are hard to come by.

Windstone has this here to search for dealers… but I’m not sure how well it’s updated.

Courtney
          Participant

Yeah, I don’t want to give people false hope. You are more likely to find a Windstone in a pawn shop or second hand store than you are going to find a physical retail store selling them.

I just went through and clicked on every single dealer on that list (cause I have nothing better to do 😆).

Besides giving my phone cancer I found 2 places that are actively selling Windstones and I don’t know if I would trust buying from them online (no PayPal option).

Susie
            Keymaster

Yes, Windstone is still sold in retail stores. Our dealers are mostly small brick and mortar retail stores and many of them may be temporarily closed at this time due to the COVID. I believe there are only a couple of them that sell on-line, and they date back to before we began to require a brick and mortar store front for all Windstone dealers. Our dealer list is not completely up-to-date in that some shops may be permanently closed, however its not missing any dealers. https://windstoneeditions.com/dealer-search/ Unfortunately I don’t think there are any in Dallas anymore.

LZ
              Participant

When I was driving to a certain area of the country a couple years ago and had free time, I thought I would look up that list of Windstone dealers so I could shop. I called almost a dozen places that were near my location and only one knew what Windstones were and still sold them.

Looking for...

Sitting young oriental dragon koi gold and white

Megan
                Participant

It’s a shame so many brick-and-mortar stores have closed. I remember standing in Wicks ‘n Sticks as long as my parents would let me when I was a kid, staring at the dragons and unicorns in their display cases. Seeing a picture of a Windstone online really isn’t the same as seeing them in person in all their glory!

Courtney
                  Participant

I told myself if I ever came by one in a store I would have to buy it.

My earliest memory of shopping with my mum was going into Wicks-N-Sticks and seeing the Windstones.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
                  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.