fbpx

Dark Color Text

Home Forums Windstone Editions Announcements Dark Color Text

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Jennifer
    Keymaster

Volunteer mod- I'm here to help! Email me for the best response: nambroth at gmail.com
      My art: featherdust.com

Jennifer
      Keymaster

Hi Guys!

Now that we have our new forum set up, with the new color scheme (dark grey instead of black in the posts), I realized something. I know some of you like to post in custom text colors intead of the default white. Please be sure to pick a bright or light color! Some members do have screens that are darker than others (I just looked at the forum on several different screens, and the difference is very prominent! I can’t read dark texts on some, while on others I can easily).

Because the background is dark grey, some text might be seem bright enough, but blends in.

Check it out:
        Even though this is a different color from the background, the tone is almost the same so it blends in!!
        So does this one! Ack!
        And this one too….
        This color is so close it actually hurts my eyes!
        This is way too dark for most people.
        Not many screens are good enough to even pick this color up against the grey background!

Colors like these are usually too dark for many computer screens… especially older ones!
        Even colors that seem bright can appear dark against the grey background…

It’s best to use colors like these, if you want to post in a color…
        These colors stand out like the white text does!
        This is easier on eyes eyes like mine, where I read best when things are high in contrast.

Volunteer mod- I'm here to help! Email me for the best response: nambroth at gmail.com
        My art: featherdust.com

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.