fbpx

Cute Little Cow Story and How She Saved Her Own Life

Home Forums Miscellany Community Cute Little Cow Story and How She Saved Her Own Life

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 20 total)
  • Author
    Kim
    Blocked

This little cow had such a will to live, she ran away from a slaughterhouse and wouldn’t stop til she was caught. But she was luckily rescued after she was sent back and now lives at an animal sanctuary. Check it out. This is one reason I do not like to eat meat. http://www.woodstocksanctuary.org/meet-the-animals/cows/kayli/

Here is some info on factory farming. http://www.woodstocksanctuary.org/learn-3/factory-farmed-animals/

Looking for rainbow or pink & teal grab bags!

moonbeam
      Participant

What a heartwarming story. I´m happy the little cow is now safe and can just live a happy life! The pictures of her running around and being greeted by the other cows are so sweet 🙂
        Thank you for sharing.

I´m a vegetarian, too, and just wish more people would take the time to actually think about where the meat and eggs they buy super cheap at the supermarket come from. Even if someone really can´t live without meat it´s not that hard to get it at least from somewhere were the animals are treated right.

Kim
        Blocked

It’s true. I watched the documentary ‘Forks Over Knives’ based on the China Study conducted by two American doctors who grew up on dairy farms but are now raw vegans after years of nutritional research and it was a wake up call about eating dairy and meat and how they are directly linked to heart disease and cancer. As well if you watch the documentaries ‘Food Inc.’, ‘Food Matters’ and ‘Simply Raw’ they are very informative about the food and drug industries, factory farms and how they treat animals. As well ‘Earthlings’ is a very eye opening documentary about how animals are treated in factory farms and fur farms and things like that. That one is quite hard to watch though and I have not been able to watch all of it.

I have seen so many videos that make my heart break for animals and I think more people need to become conscious of where the ingredients in their dinner are coming from and what steps were involved in creating that package of meat or that milk carton and how it can not only be cruel to animals, but dangerous to our health as well. I would recommend to anyone who reads this, watch the documentaries I listed and do some as to why cow’s milk and non organic meat can be bad for you and how they contain growth hormones and antibiotics. I only drink almond milk and coconut milk and avoid all other dairy. I make fruit, vegetable and green smoothies regularly, fresh vegetables soups, salads, wraps, sandwiches, stews and chilies that are all vegan but packed full of vegetable or legume based proteins and vital vitamins, minerals and anti-oxidants. I eat a lot of raw nuts, seeds, dried fruits and raw or dark chocolate sometimes too as snacks. There are so many excellent vegan recipes if you search them online.

Lisa D
          Participant

Thank you for that story, makes my day. I too don’t eat meat of any kind and love all animals. 🙂

Kiya
            Participant

It’s a cute story, but I really wish you would drop the guilt-tripping attempts at those who don’t agree with vegetarianism. This is a forum for Windstone fans, not a political platform.

Kim
              Blocked

It is my understanding you can post anything you want under the community section and talking about veganism or being vegetarian has nothing to do with politics and everything to do with animal rights and human health. I am not a full vegan but most of what I eat is vegan and I avoid dairy. I care about people’s health and I care about animals which is why I post and I am sorry if anyone has a problem with it but the only way to wake people up and make them realize what is going on in this world is to push them out of their comfort zone. Kiya if you saw the videos I saw you would not be criticizing my posts but instead being grateful that someone cares enough to tell the truth.

Rusti
                Participant

Actually, it’s really annoying. It would be akin to if I came here and started posting about Christianity and I just cared about people’s immortal souls. Regardless of whether or not it’s a concern of mine, I don’t do it because it’s incredibly impolite. Not to mention preachy. And nobody likes preachy; doesn’t matter what the subject is.

fatalbeauty
                  Participant

considering the cow’s story happened two years ago, it does come off as kinda preachy……..I’ve got nothing against vegan-ism and vegetarianism but I prefer if people don’t push it on people, it’s fine to do what you do but no need to try and change others….

4 things I'm looking for:
                    1. Mother Meerkat
                    2. production color Sitting Young Oriental dragons to be made in more colors besides VF
                    3. Female Griffin – Siamese with White
                    4. September Raffle Prize 2022 AHD Male Griffin

Rachel
                    Participant

I agree with Kiya, Rusti, and fatalbeauty. I know exactly where meat comes from–I grew up on a farm and hunted, as well. I appreciate that some people wish to be vegetarian or vegan. I do not, and I don’t appreciate the “conversion” attempts, however.

Kim
                      Blocked

I just saw the cow story yesterday which is why I posted it and if you people have a problem with my posts, don’t read them. I have a right to freedom of speech and don’t appreciate being criticized for it. I wasn’t rude to anyone nor did I attack anyone on here and I do not appreciate the rude comments or personal attack, that you very much. I did not personally message anyone but posted on a public forum. I am a sensitive caring person and if you don’t have anything nice to say about my post don’t say anything at all. I have known many people who have been healed from cancer and numerous diseases from changing their diets and getting more nutrition from raw foods and if you people want to be mad at someone, be mad at the the food companies that poison your foods with chemicals, not someone trying to spread awareness to help prevent diseases.

Kim
                        Blocked

For those of you who are open to learning more about health and nutrition, this is a great website. http://www.forksoverknives.com/ based on the ‘Forks Over Knives’ documentary and this is their facebook page which has some great educational posts and recipes. https://www.facebook.com/forksoverknives

Jennifer
                          Keymaster

I am loathe to say ‘please refrain’ from posting about diet, because goodness knows we have talked about food a lot, here on the forum!

Perhaps, there is a difference, between saying: “I live this way, and it works for me. If you are curious here is some more information (via external links).” … and leave it at that.

I encourage everyone to research diet, food choices, and then make their own choices based on their own personal needs and wants.

Things like factory farming are the pits, it’s true. I personally research into that a lot! It’s also true that things like the China Study have a lot of skewed science and some of it has been flat out refuted. There is truth in all things, and there is often lies in all things, too. This is a complicated, and often very charged subject.

Let’s just say this:

Factory farming is pretty darn sad.
                            There are wonderful alternatives, such as local pastured animals treated with love.
                            Commercial agriculture is pretty darn sad.
                            There are wonderful alternatives, such as local farms and CSAs, growing some of your own, etc.
                            We all come from different backgrounds.
                            We all have different ethics, finances, health issues, desires, and priorities.
                            It is easy to look down on someone with different ethics than you have (we all are guilty of this sometimes, even me!) but much harder to embrace that not everyone wants or is able to follow similar ethics.
                            I respect anyone that makes informed choices, even if they don’t agree with my choices!
                            This is something we should all aspire to.

I will leave this thread open, but if it devolves into arguing or bitterness, it will get closed. The arguing and emotional charged issues are why we don’t allow politics or religion on here. When making the rules, I didn’t consider this issue in particular.. which is not strictly political, but is a charged issue nonetheless.

If someone is curious about choices and how to change, feel free to give them information.
                            Just be careful not to ‘preach’. It’s hard to tell tone over the internet, but it is easy to get preachy about any passion– be it food choice or what kind of horse is best or who has the smelliest armpits.

I work a lot with educating on world issues (especially environmental) and I get a lot better response when I am very careful not to be pushy about what I am saying. We have some other food threads that are a great example of how the conversation has launched into some of these other, more charged areas of food choice, and it has gone pretty well! Be careful what platforms you stand on, and how loud you shout to the audience. 🙂

Volunteer mod- I'm here to help! Email me for the best response: nambroth at gmail.com
                            My art: featherdust.com

Jennifer
                            Keymaster

I have a right to freedom of speech and don’t appreciate being criticized for it.

I just want to be clear. You do have the freedom of speech in the USA, and while this forum is visibly open to the public, it is privately owned, and Windstone sets its rules as necessary.
                              No one is trying to silence you, but I am just explaining why it is what it is.

If a teaching method generates a hard, negative “push back”, do not take it as an insult, but rather use it to learn how better to approach certain subjects.

Volunteer mod- I'm here to help! Email me for the best response: nambroth at gmail.com
                              My art: featherdust.com

Lulu
                              Blocked

I normally don’t post on here as it’s my daughter who is the one who spends hours on this site but I would like to contribute my point of view in this seeing I think the responses to her posts are quite shocking. Kim was so upset after reading the hateful comments she received that was not able to sleep. This is a girl who has struggled with depression and escaping an abusive relationship for the past year and does not need to be put down more especially from people in a community she considers to be her friends. To be fair, everyone has a right to speak about something they are passionate about and everyone has a right to their opinion. But for something to go from a post about a cute story and Kim expressing what she has learned from years of research and mentioning documentaries and how she personally has used that information to help her life and help spread awareness to help other people, for her to be told she is guilt tripping, annoying, preachy, impolite and disrespectful reminds me of school yard bullying and people ganging up on someone just because they don’t agree with something they have said of stand for. I don’t see anything wrong with her posts and to be ganged up on like that just because people have different opinions is I think is very unfair.

Is this how people are raised these days and is this how people teach their children that if anyone has the guts to stand up and speak about something they are passionate about or believe in, that it’s okay to bully them into censoring what they say or to keep quiet just to please everyone else? As a parent I find that attitude quite disconcerting. There are many things that could have been posted here that are far more controversial or shocking. I have rescued animals myself for 40 years from labs and shelters and have seen for myself how animals in the meat and fur industries and animals in labs are tortured. I still eat meat that is organic, free range and comes from small farms instead of factory farms and do I feel guilty about it? Yes I do because I know how animals suffer just like us and to feel guilty means you have a heart and care about other living beings and we need more people in the world like that, who actually care, who actually have the guts to stand up for what they believe in and who are not afraid to tell the truth and help other people even if it means putting people out of their comfort zone so they are actually conscious of what is going on in the world and are making informed decisions.

What makes Kim and I sad is every person we hear about who is diagnosed with cancer or diabetes or other preventable diseases who have never heard that there are natural alternatives to drugs and surgery to help them. But I don’t think curing any disease should be focused on more than preventing it and I truly believe if people knew the truth about the food industry and the dangers of what they are eating and if they changed their diets and lifestyle, that we could save the lives of so many people and prevent them from getting such terrible diseases. No one should have to apologize or defend them self for trying to help people and I just wish more people would stand up for what is right instead of what is popular and easy in this world.

Kiya
                                Participant

How and what people choose to eat is a very personal decision. I have seen and read most of the things Kim posted previously.

I disagree with many of them and find that in many cases there is just as much evidence to dispute them as to support them. However, because it IS a personal issue, I don’t choose to air it on a public forum.

You do not know me, do not know my family, and do not know the thoughts and research that went into my own personal decisions about how to eat or how to feed my children.

This is a sensitive topic that, as Jennifer expressed, should be approached cautiously and with kindness. I don’t believe the initial several posts did that and spoke up against what I felt was an attempt to instill guilt where there is no right.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 20 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.