Crock Pot Chai Tea

Home Forums Miscellany Food Crock Pot Chai Tea

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    WolfenMachine
    Participant

I love chai tea. When I got a slow cooker for Christmas 2 years ago, I started collecting recipes for it. I found a recipe for Chai tea you can make in the slow cooker-so ridiculously happy! Its really delicious! I make it with just plain simple black tea (or darjeeling because it doesnt taste any different than regular tea to me)-and sometimes with pumpkin spice tea, chocolate spice tea, or a vanilla chai tea.

Just be sure to strain it-the spices dont dissolve, so you’re left with a thick black, grainy mess at the bottom. Not tasty at all.

2 quarts (8 cups) water
      8 bags black tea
      3/4 cup sugar
      2 teasspoons ground cloves
      2 1/2 teaspooons ground cardamom
      2 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
      8 slices fresh ginger
      1 cup 2% milk

1. Combine water, tea, sugar, cloves, cardamom, cinnamon and ginger in slow cooker. Cover and cook on HIGH 2 to 2.5 hours.

2. Strain mixture, discard solids. (At this point, tea may be covered and refrigerated up to 3 days {although Ive regrigerated it up to a week})

3. Stir in milk. Serve warm or chilled 🙂

makes 10 servings

Nutrition information: service size 1 cup. Calories 77, total fat 1g, saturated fat 0g, protein 1g, carbohydrate 18g, cholesterol 2mg, dietary fiber 1g, sodium 21 g

Thanks for remembering, Wolfen, it sounds terrific!

briteblades
      Participant

Yum!!!!!

siberakh1
        Participant

I am definitely going to have to try this, only with soy milk! 🙂

Misty
          Participant

soy…. :stare: hehe

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.