fbpx

Crestfallen – Ebay's International Shipping program strikes again

Home Forums Windstone Editions General Windstone Crestfallen – Ebay's International Shipping program strikes again

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)
  • Author
    rachelled
    Participant

For those of you who don’t know, Ebay’s Global Shipping program is awful.

How it works, is their courier (Pitney Bowes I believe) checks to make sure all is well, then repackages it and sends it on its way.

Thing is, for things that are wrapped in multiple layers of meticulously placed bubble wrap and double boxes – they can be quite lazy repacking it… I’ve had this happen more than once, and it’s never put back together the way the seller described to me… Once they didn’t even put the inner box back!

You can see where I’m going with this.

Try t guess why I’m particularly upset this time.

Heather
      Participant

Awww I’m so sorry that happened to you! There is nothing worse than getting that box you’ve been anxiously awaiting and opening it up only to find a broken Windstone.

Betrluk1
        Participant

wow, that is terrible!

Lorie
          Participant

That is so sickening. I feel horrible for you. )o;

littleironhorse
            Participant

I won’t even deal with sellers using Ebay’s Global Shipping Program.

Scathach
              Participant

^^^ I’m with you!

Life is beautiful.

jmoore
                Participant

Ugh how awful!

moonbeam
                  Participant

Oh wow, that is awful!
                    I also try to avoid sellers that use the Global shipping program. If I´m REALLY interested in something I try talking to the seller and asking if they can´t change their listing to something without the shipping program. Most of them don´t even answer or say they don´t know how to do that. And I believe them. This thing seems to be hidden pretty well. >_<

rachelled
                    Participant

Guess I’m going to be following your example as well!

The first photo I posted is when I first opened it, before I even touched anything.

It’s awful, you can see they didn’t even tape the inner box back up, or bother wrapping the dragon fully – or put the bubble wrap all the way back around the inner box!! This is SO BAD for a courier, let alone one endorsed by eBay.

I’m just… gahhh. It’s not really a “replaceable” item on top of everything even though it’s a production colour. It’s the orange-eyed male which is hard to find. I was excited to find him, and hoping to someday get the female to match.

Kim
                      Blocked

That is so frustrating and sad for the dragon! I feel for you! I won’t deal with sellers who use the global shipping program either. I have managed to successfully get some sellers to change their listings shipping methods though. If I were you I would complain to ebay and tell them it’s not right that they are causing damage to items, opening them up and not repacking them properly. They should be paying for your damages! Do you have the piece that chipped off or would you have to get someone to repair or re-sculpt that part? I am sure someone here could do a good job or fixing it for you like Drag0nfeathers or another repair artist.

Looking for rainbow or pink & teal grab bags!

pipsxlch
                        Participant

What a shame- though I agree with Kim that it is repairable if that’s the worst of it. If you don’t want to repair it, you can probably sell it. That doesn’t lessen the blow though.

Long shot- I wonder if the seller might have thought to take pictures of their packaging job before taping it up and sending it? Ebay/ Pitney Bowes should have to pay for the damages THEY caused, but I imagine they’ll weasel out of it if at all possible.

I don’t use Global Shipping, but eBay makes it look like it’s required. The only way I’ve thought of to avoid it is to ‘officially’ say I don’t ship international, but to say in my listing that I do and to message me for a quote.

Edit to add- Rachelled said-
                          It’s awful, you can see they didn’t even tape the inner box back up, or bother wrapping the dragon fully – or put the bubble wrap all the way back around the inner box!! This is SO BAD for a courier, let alone one endorsed by eBay.

What do they care I guess? It’s not their fannies on the line, the buyer or seller will be the ones put out. Too bad eBay has no competition and has gotten too big for their britches.

Angelika_Zen
                          Participant

^^^ I’m with you!

Same! I wont even look at the item twice, if they use third party shipping.

Wanted: "Dragon Fruit" Male Dragon ~ "Fire Berry", "Paradise", "Dragon Fruit", "Tie Dye" ~ The brighter, the better!

Ela_Hara
                            Participant

Really sorry this happened to you! How awful and sad! I hope you can get him fixed.

Even though the International Shipping option defaults to that awful Global Shipping choice, you can (and should in my opinion) select the option “Create your own international shipping option” – that is what I always do.
                              I’m a little bit of a control freak with how I pack stuff, and I despise the idea of someone else handling my shipping. I even prefer to personally drop off packages at the Post Office and don’t even like to have the Mail person pick it up from my house.

IN SEARCH OF MY NEXT GRAILS:
                              Black Peacock & Butternut Adult Poads
                              Kickstarter 'Rainbow Tiger' Bantam Dragon

*~*~*~* Ela_Hara: The DragonKeeper *~*~*~*
                              *** Come visit me on deviantArt at http://ela-hara.deviantart.com

Amstaff
                              Participant

Horrible horrible business…this pitney bowes and global shipping. I have visited the ebay forums and found many threads on this and how much ppl hate it…how some sellers dont even have a clue what global shipping does. The seller does not see how much extra global shipping charges the buyer…. And ebay doesnt care, they say most ppl get their items just fine….and they also say sellers wouldnt ever bother shipping internationally if it wasnt for this program as its too much work for most ppl to bother otherwise…therefor ebay plans on keeping this stupid program.

The ones that get hurt are ppl such as ourselves that buy fragile and valuable collectables…and we are the minority… We get our money back, thats all that matters to the seller and eBay… They dont care about a piece of art being ruined… :/

I work at the postal plant here, Im in Canada, and I see first hand the kinda work global shipping does. Its pathetic!! I see whole shipments of packages from them come in, all in the same shape. All sliced open in weird spots, not along a seam, but right down the surface side of a package, messy and sloppy looking like they used a dull pair or scissors. Then re-taped with cheap packing tape, sometimes with the slice not even being fully covered. I even seen packs without the new label to the customer come in, having the original label to global shipping in the US, and then this pack would have to get sent way back there to be processed again….and all the packs/parcels are in rough looking shape. It took me awhile to figure out what this stuff was that was coming in, cause at first I thought it was mail that had been tampered with, or mail that was being sent out by a company that used recycled bubble envelopes and recycled boxes ….then after I started using ebay more frequently, I caught on…. And now they put big round global shipping stickers on all their stuff….

I refuse to buy from anyone who uses it. If I really want a item, I will, and have, asked them to ship without that, and sometimes they do quite happily. If not, oh well, wasnt meant to be then.

I bought a gargoyle candle lamp via a seller who used global shipping, he arrived with his head and upper body turned to dust… Never again… I complained to eBay, they dont care. I dont use ebay that often… Only occasionally now,

Im just so happy Windstone doesnt use the global shipping program!

Ps… I have had some ppl think that global shipping may be work done in a prison by inmates? I have no proof of this of course, just a thought, since who ever is doing the work totally doesnt care how bad a job is done on slicing the package or in repacking it. I just cant understand how a company can get away with such sloppy work! Doesnt anyone else ever complain on the packing job ?!?

rachelled
                                Participant

Do you have the piece that chipped off or would you have to get someone to repair or re-sculpt that part? I am sure someone here could do a good job or fixing it for you like Drag0nfeathers or another repair artist.

I have… well, lots of pieces, most of them dust or similar. I have one horn piece I placed back in carefully. I’m hoping to Apoxie the rest, attempt to re-sculpt it… After that, we’ll just see how it goes..!

The whole business really is kind of cringe-worthy, you can tell they just bought out some courier company that will do the quickest job for the cheapest 🙁 And the courier doesn’t have to answer to us, just eBay, and I’m guessing eBay doesn’t care all that much. Very frustrating.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.