Crayfish,Crawfish,Mudbugs!!

Home Forums Miscellany Food Crayfish,Crawfish,Mudbugs!!

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    Bodine
    Participant

No matter how you spell it it is still pronounced YUM! I know some of you say EWWW!That’s ok,we understand.But,if you ever get the chance to go to a real Cajun crawfish boil you will never forget it.Music playing outside,kids and pets playing the yard,warm sunny day with breezes from the bayou,tables all about covered in newspapers with lots of crawfish,corn-on-the-cob,sausages,spicy,boiled potatoes…I sure miss that.Bon Temps!

20200306_0643225

Every act matters.No matter how small💞
      (Wanted......Brimstone Lap)
      Male Hearth....one day🤞Dream on.

Jennifer
      Keymaster

I’ve never had this but I’d love to try! It does look amazing.

Volunteer mod- I'm here to help! Email me for the best response: nambroth at gmail.com
        My art: featherdust.com

Ela_Hara
        Participant

Crawdaddies!!! Mini-Lobsters!!! Bons temps!
          Let’s fais do-do und eat sausages, corn und suck da head, squeeze da tip und Laissez les bons temps rouler!

IN SEARCH OF MY NEXT GRAILS:
          Black Peacock & Butternut Adult Poads
          Kickstarter 'Rainbow Tiger' Bantam Dragon

*~*~*~* Ela_Hara: The DragonKeeper *~*~*~*
          *** Come visit me on deviantArt at http://ela-hara.deviantart.com

Melody
          Keymaster

I love them as pets!

Bodine
            Participant

😎YEE-HA ELA-HARA!!!😂
              Ms.Jennifer-I hope you get to have a chance to experience it all.Boats on the water,smell of seafood boiling,learn to dance a Cajun jig to real Cajun music,all of it.

pipsxlch
              Participant

That looks great, I love crawdad! Haven’t had a real Cajun boil though, sounds awesome!

I had a pet crawdad named Crawford for several years when I was a kid. We were vacationing on Sanibel Island, and I walked out of the room to go to the beach. There were a bunch of people in a circle in the parking lot. I was nosy and went to see. They were yelling about scorpions and throwing rocks at a crawdad. Such idiots. I pushed through and picked the stunned poor thing up, and brought it home. Much to my Nana’s dismay. He was a very interesting pet. Ashamed to say I still eat crawdad though.

drag0nfeathers
                Participant

Never been a huge fan of crawfish… which is weird because I love pretty much ALL other seafood. Maybe I’ve just never had them done right. You see them around here at cheap buffets and stuff like that so they are probably the literally bottom feeders of bottom feeders LOL! I wouldn’t mind trying them in the way you describe though. Personally I’m a lobstah gal! That and fried clams, whole with the belly. Om nom nom! Yes I am disgusting <3

Got a busted Windstone?
                  drag0nfeathersdesign@gmail.com
                  *OPEN for repairs*

*SEEKING GRAILS*
                  Arc-en-ciel Emperor
                  Siphlophis Male Dragon
                  Calypso Hatching Empress
                  Ivory Moss Sitting Baby Kirin
                  Tattoo Mother Kirin
                  Emerald Tabby Male Griffin
                  Tie Dye + Orion Hatching Royalty
                  Indigo Rockfish + Flame Tabby Little Rock Dragons
                  Dragon Quail + Obsidian Frost Old Warriors
                  Betta Sun Dragon + Male Dragon
                  Dreamscape, Orion, Poison Dart, Fireberry, Spangler + Tigerberry Dragons

Bodine
                  Participant

Ooolobster!Love it.I have never turned down trying any seafood at least once so I understand some turns you off.I am not a fan of oysters.Crawfish can be cooked wrong easily.The best is get them as fresh as possible,must be alive.Season water strongly with Cajun/seafood spices,onions,garlic,lots of salt,etc but the key is burping/cleaning the crawfish.If this is not done properly they can suck.Must eat fresh from the pot.They are very much like their lobster cousins.

Kim
                    Blocked

I am not a big seafood person but I like some types of fish as long as it doesn’t look like a fish with a head or taste fishy. I could not eat anything with creepy crawly looking legs though. What are mudbugs? Do people eat those too or what are they?

Looking for rainbow or pink & teal grab bags!

GardenNinja
                      Participant

Mudbugs are another name for crawfish/crayfish.

My keyboard is broken. I keep pressing "Escape", but I'm still here.

Bodine
                        Participant

I know it sounds like weird foods we eat down here.We call it variety.We have a mixture(New Orleans-Alabama coast)of Cajun French,African,Native American,Jamacian,English,Asian,lots of different cuisine influences.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
                        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.