Crayfish,Crawfish,Mudbugs!!

Home Forums Miscellany Food Crayfish,Crawfish,Mudbugs!!

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    Bodine
    Participant

No matter how you spell it it is still pronounced YUM! I know some of you say EWWW!That’s ok,we understand.But,if you ever get the chance to go to a real Cajun crawfish boil you will never forget it.Music playing outside,kids and pets playing the yard,warm sunny day with breezes from the bayou,tables all about covered in newspapers with lots of crawfish,corn-on-the-cob,sausages,spicy,boiled potatoes…I sure miss that.Bon Temps!

20200306_0643225

"Perhaps we should all be examining what we think we know."D.Stormborn
    (Wanted:GREY PINTO/PAINT baby unicorn)

Jennifer
    Keymaster

I’ve never had this but I’d love to try! It does look amazing.

Volunteer mod- I'm here to help! Time sensitive issues: See a spammer? Website going haywire? email me! nambroth at gmail.com
    My art: featherdust.com

Ela_Hara
    Participant

Crawdaddies!!! Mini-Lobsters!!! Bons temps!
    Let’s fais do-do und eat sausages, corn und suck da head, squeeze da tip und Laissez les bons temps rouler!

*~*~*~* Ela_Hara: The DragonKeeper *~*~*~*
    SEARCHING...for a Red-eyed Razorback Boar! I'd love to Trade, Buy or... Let's Make a Deal!
    SEARCHING...for the Red-Capped KS Adult Poad - please see my Classified Ad!
    *** Come visit me on deviantArt at http://ela-hara.deviantart.com

Melody
    Keymaster

I love them as pets!

Bodine
    Participant

😎YEE-HA ELA-HARA!!!😂
    Ms.Jennifer-I hope you get to have a chance to experience it all.Boats on the water,smell of seafood boiling,learn to dance a Cajun jig to real Cajun music,all of it.

pipsxlch
    Participant

That looks great, I love crawdad! Haven’t had a real Cajun boil though, sounds awesome!

I had a pet crawdad named Crawford for several years when I was a kid. We were vacationing on Sanibel Island, and I walked out of the room to go to the beach. There were a bunch of people in a circle in the parking lot. I was nosy and went to see. They were yelling about scorpions and throwing rocks at a crawdad. Such idiots. I pushed through and picked the stunned poor thing up, and brought it home. Much to my Nana’s dismay. He was a very interesting pet. Ashamed to say I still eat crawdad though.

drag0nfeathers
    Participant

Never been a huge fan of crawfish… which is weird because I love pretty much ALL other seafood. Maybe I’ve just never had them done right. You see them around here at cheap buffets and stuff like that so they are probably the literally bottom feeders of bottom feeders LOL! I wouldn’t mind trying them in the way you describe though. Personally I’m a lobstah gal! That and fried clams, whole with the belly. Om nom nom! Yes I am disgusting <3

Got a busted dragon? There isn't a Windstone I can't fix! - drag0nfeathersdesign@gmail.com
    *OPEN for repairs & here to help with DIY questions - PM me*

***SEEKING GRAILS***
    Ivory Moss Baby Kirin
    Tie Dye Hatching Royalty
    Zebra Cuttlefish Kirin Family
    Siphlophis Male Dragon
    Arc-en-ciel Emperor
    Dragon Quail & Ocean Flame Old Warriors
    Emerald Tabby & Masquerade Male Griffins
    Betta Sun Dragon & Male Dragon
    Barn Swallow, Dreamscape, Orion, Poison Dart, & Fireberry Dragons

Bodine
    Participant

Ooolobster!Love it.I have never turned down trying any seafood at least once so I understand some turns you off.I am not a fan of oysters.Crawfish can be cooked wrong easily.The best is get them as fresh as possible,must be alive.Season water strongly with Cajun/seafood spices,onions,garlic,lots of salt,etc but the key is burping/cleaning the crawfish.If this is not done properly they can suck.Must eat fresh from the pot.They are very much like their lobster cousins.

Kim
    Blocked

I am not a big seafood person but I like some types of fish as long as it doesn’t look like a fish with a head or taste fishy. I could not eat anything with creepy crawly looking legs though. What are mudbugs? Do people eat those too or what are they?

Looking for rainbow or pink & teal grab bags!

GardenNinja
    Participant

Mudbugs are another name for crawfish/crayfish.

My keyboard is broken. I keep pressing "Escape", but I'm still here.

Bodine
    Participant

I know it sounds like weird foods we eat down here.We call it variety.We have a mixture(New Orleans-Alabama coast)of Cajun French,African,Native American,Jamacian,English,Asian,lots of different cuisine influences.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.