fbpx

Cracked/Disintegrated Old Green Dragon Eyes

Home Forums Windstone Editions Repairs Cracked/Disintegrated Old Green Dragon Eyes

Viewing 4 posts - 16 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • Author
    JynXx
    Participant

Hi Jennifer! Thanks so much for taking time to look! I greatly appreciate it ♥ I’ll probably try Tohickon to get a match, as I’m really missing the amber/gold. Just scared to pry out the remaining cracked eye! LOL…

Hi Ms. Melody! The pictures are of the dragon from before she was put in storage. Her eyes don’t look like that now 🙁 Thanks for the information regarding the types of glue! I didn’t know white glue could be so corrosive.. Would super-glue be okay? to use?

↞↞≪∙ FOREVER SEEKING •↟•

• ► By Patricia Smith ◄ •
      ☙ "SKY BRONZE" Emperor Dragon
      ✾ "RAINBOW ASAGI" Moon Oriental Dragon
      ✾ "RAINBOW TIGER" Sun Oriental Dragon

• ► By Melody ◄ •
      ☙ "Test Paint #5" GB '15 PUMA
      ☙ #170 FANTASY GB '22 Young Qi'Lin
      ☙ #224 KOI GB '22 Young Qi'Lin

Linda
      Participant

I don’t know if this will help but I have a 1984 hatching dragon with the orange eyes. I don’t know what size the eyes are but I will give it to you to fix your mother if the eyes fit.

Jennifer
        Keymaster

I don’t think it’s a case of the glue being corrosive at all, it’s the fact that over the years, these statues “breathe” a little bit. Tiny, tiny, tiny amounts of expanding and contracting due to the temperature and humidity. Because of the backing on these old eyes, sometimes the glue held them so rigidly in place that they couldn’t move properly, even those minuscule amounts, and so they cracked, or the color separated from the glass of the eye. To this end, superglue would be just as bad (if not worse).
          Even the best glues that are flexible will become brittle over decades, so that’s why Windstone went with fired eyes instead of enameled.

Volunteer mod- I'm here to help! Email me for the best response: nambroth at gmail.com
          My art: featherdust.com

Melody
          Keymaster

Hi Ms. Melody! The pictures are of the dragon from before she was put in storage. Her eyes don’t look like that now 🙁 Thanks for the information regarding the types of glue! I didn’t know white glue could be so corrosive.. Would super-glue be okay? to use?

[/quote] We’ve never used super glue with painted eyes, so I don’t know what it would do. If your new eyes are made with fired glass paint, you can use any kind of glue. Glass fired eyes are bomb proof.
            If they are acrylic eyes, ask the manufacturer what’s best to use… I have no idea!

Viewing 4 posts - 16 through 19 (of 19 total)
          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.