fbpx

Copyright Infringement

Home Forums Miscellany Community Copyright Infringement

Viewing 2 posts - 16 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Author
    LadyFirebird
    Participant

Okay, so it was recommended by my internet provider to change my password. Well I was able to do that [no small feat since I wasn’t sure how to access it] and changed my SSID name as well. As it was, the SSID was the model of router I had and hells, bells someone could figure their way around it. I was on chat with my internet provider on how to secure this router. Everything fine and dandy, right? Wrong!!!!

I go to renetwork my laptop and no go. Says it can’t connect. I tried my DVD just in case something was wrong with my laptop–couldn’t connect. Well I spent 4 hours on chat with a tech and still didn’t get anything done. I gave up and told the guy I need to have someone here to see what I did or if there was another problem. So I called the Geek Squad and they will be out here Sunday. It’s gonna cost me and I can’t for the life of me, figure out why I can’t get my laptop and other devices on to my network?

It was good that I changed everything because I saw where I was vulnerable and it would be a matter of time before someone came in and did worse damage! On the bright side, no one can access my network. If I can’t with a password and I can’t see how anyone else would!

Technology can be such a pain at times–especially to someone like me who really doesn’t know what they’re doing!

Jennifer
      Keymaster

Ladyfirebird, what type of laptop are you using and what operating system? Windows? What version of windows (XP, Vista, etc)?

Edit: Actually, I will email you!!

Volunteer mod- I'm here to help! Email me for the best response: nambroth at gmail.com
        My art: featherdust.com

Viewing 2 posts - 16 through 17 (of 17 total)
      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.