fbpx

Copper Patina Curled dragon in store 10/28/09

Home Forums Windstone Editions Windstone Store Discussion Copper Patina Curled dragon in store 10/28/09

Viewing 7 posts - 16 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • Author
    Jodi
    Participant

machineguts wrote:

My mom has Fibro too. I am sorry to hear that! πŸ™ Do you get any physical therapy? I know she was doing that for a while, but after the sessions her Fibro symptoms had a tendency to intensify.

I’m not getting physical therapy, but I had a massage. The pain seemed to intensify after that, but I think it did some good anyway. Phy ther may be an option for me. I’m also exercising 2-3 times a week. I try to do more, but can’t seem to manage it yet.

NirvanaCat13
      Participant

emerald212 wrote:

machineguts wrote:

My mom has Fibro too. I am sorry to hear that! πŸ™ Do you get any physical therapy? I know she was doing that for a while, but after the sessions her Fibro symptoms had a tendency to intensify.

I’m not getting physical therapy, but I had a massage. The pain seemed to intensify after that, but I think it did some good anyway. Phy ther may be an option for me. I’m also exercising 2-3 times a week. I try to do more, but can’t seem to manage it yet.

Exercise with any type of pain is a pain…pun intended πŸ˜€ …If you’re getting out that much I’m proud of you! Keep it up and it will come easier and easier as your body gets used to it and strengthens. The bad part with fybro is that it flares despite how strong your body gets and does bad things. Anyway, much love and heals from us!

machineguts
        Participant

Yes, that is true! I know my mom used to let it get to her often, and many times she wouldn’t try to get out. She’s doing much better in that aspect, she goes out more often and walks. She had stopped doing the PT though. If you start it, let us know how it works for you. From what I understand Lyrica is one of the first prescription medications for fibro, but my mom has not tried it so I haven’t seen the results of its effectiveness. Hang in there! We are all here for you! *Hugs* <3

Emerald,
          Sorry to hear you have FM; I also have it. Diagnosed about 4 years ago. I have found that therapeutic massage combined with myofascial release works. Yes, you’ll be a little sore for a day or 2, but the improvement was worth it. Acupuncture has also helped greatly. I have recently started Cymbalta, once a day (taken at night) and it has really seemed to make a difference. Also, join the Fibromyalgia Network–lots of good info/suggestions there.
          Don’t wish to hijack the thread completely, so feel free to pm me if you have any other questions.
          Sending chocolate instead of hugs. πŸ˜€

twindragonsmum
          Participant

Not to hi-jack any further than necessary, but Cymbalta is a god-send as far as I’m concerned…

twindragonsmum

tdm

Jodi
            Participant

My doctor prescribed Cymbalta for me, but it’s an anti-depressant and I don’t want to take any of those. I’m going to try these alternatives first. I may end up on the meds if I can’t get any relief elsewhere. But enough with the hi-jacking…

Back to our regularly scheduled thread. πŸ˜€

Jodi
              Participant

I know this is off topic, but since we talked about it here before I just thought I’d update you all on my condition. It turns out that I do not have fibromyalgia after all. I have postherpetic neuralgia. It’s a condition that can happen once a person has shingles. The shingles damages the person’s nerves so that they constantly misfire. I had shingles two years ago. This explains a lot. The bad news is that the treatment is the same as that for fibro: anti-depressants. The good news is that it may repair itself after a while.

I hate keeping this thread off-topic, so if you want to talk to me more about it, you can PM me. Thanks!

Viewing 7 posts - 16 through 22 (of 22 total)
              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.