fbpx

Copper parrot I keep referencing

Home Forums Miscellany General Art Discussion Copper parrot I keep referencing

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Samwise
    Participant

So I finally finished this parrot that lead me by accident to the world of Windstone.

It all started out with a flat sheet of copper. It is a gift for my aunt who fosters multiple parrots and currently has multiple Macaws at home. I hope she likes it. I won’t find out until Xmas though! Yay to getting gifts done early!

Mercury Star
      Participant

Oh wow, that is gorgeous, Samwise! I am sure your aunt will love it. 🙂

By the way, that cat in your avatar looks so happy, what a cutie!

Samwise
        Participant

Thanks!

That is my kitty Leo chomping down on grass. Happy accident of a picture that cracks me up every time I see it. I have another cat Saphira and 2 Maine Coons on the way, hopefully. 😀

That’s a beautiful piece!! I have one done in aluminum as a gift for hubby bday. Amazing mediums with incredible depth potential. Love the copper.

Kim
          Blocked

Very nice! I love parrots! Is the copper carved or something? I haven’t seen that kind of thing before.

Looking for rainbow or pink & teal grab bags!

Samwise
            Participant

Very nice! I love parrots! Is the copper carved or something? I haven’t seen that kind of thing before.

I took a flat piece of copper and with a wooden dowel, rubbed the image into it. Then continued to rub the lines from either side of the copper to create raised and recessed areas. Pretty much stretching the copper in or out to create the look I want. With the help of some chemicals, I antiqued and polished it to give it depth.

Something I learned in a multi-cultural art class I had to take in high school. They sell kits too, I think.

I have been doing a bunch of giant latch hook rugs of different birds for this aunt of mine. It was nice to do something a little different.

StormDancer
              Participant

Wow, that’s a very well made and beautiful piece! You have a lot of talent!

Looking for:
                "COSMIC SHIFT DRAGONS and KI-RINS" and the "OCTOPUS TANUKI TEST PAINT #1"

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.