fbpx

Cool wildlife color morphs- pics added

Home Forums Miscellany Community Cool wildlife color morphs- pics added

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    pipsxlch
    Participant

I was on a different forum and read a thread about wildlife color morphs. Some of these look REALLY neat; I especially like some of the zebras! Maybe some of these can provide PYO inspiration?

Link to thread- http://sts-forum.forumieren.de/t12771-color-variations-morphs-in-wild-mammals

Here’s the best of the pics

photo catmorphs_zpsv62u9gp2.jpg

photo albino_8_zpskhkyyegf.jpg

photo Leucistic_zpsuosiesif.jpg

photo Melanistic_zpspwypxvwc.jpg

photo Spotted_mottled_zps1975jkba.jpg

photo Reversed_striping_zpso6sxulf4.jpg

Adaneth
      Participant

Looks like people have to be members of that forum to see the pictures?

pipsxlch
        Participant

Sorry didn’t realize, I’ve copied the pics from that thread, and edited the first post.

Prezaurian
          Participant

Nice! Thank you for sharing!

fatalbeauty
            Participant

wow! those are awesome! *has many PYO paint job ideas now*

4 things I'm looking for:
              1. Mother Meerkat
              2. production color Sitting Young Oriental dragons to be made in more colors besides VF
              3. Female Griffin โ€“ Siamese with White
              4. September Raffle Prize 2022 AHD Male Griffin

MandBsMom
              Participant

I had to save the reversed striping photos as painting ideas for a model horse/zebra. That would be too cool! Thanks for posting these pictures!

Love baby kirins, safari poads, mini keepers, and anything BLUE, BLUE, and, oh yes, BLUE.

Dandr13
                Participant

Love that white giraffe, such a beautiful color and pattern.

Thanks for posting the pics.

Kim
                  Blocked

Those are very cool! I think if Melody painted her new cougar sculpt in some of those wildcat patterns, that would be awesome too!

Looking for rainbow or pink & teal grab bags!

Falcolf
                    Participant

Pretty sure those are mostly cheetah morphs. Most wild cats only come in regular and sometimes black (most just regular – it takes an unlikely glitch in DNA to create a morph,) although I have heard of red leopards and grey cheetahs/tigers. ๐Ÿ™‚

Check out my finished artwork at http://falcolf.deviantart.com/ and my sketch/studio blog at http://rosannapbrost.tumblr.com/

Excellent!

etruscan
                      Participant

Pretty sure those are mostly cheetah morphs. Most wild cats only come in regular and sometimes black (most just regular – it takes an unlikely glitch in DNA to create a morph,) although I have heard of red leopards and grey cheetahs/tigers. ๐Ÿ™‚

If you read the itsy bitsy teeny weeny print, it tells what species have that particular color/pattern.

If you read the itsy bitsy teeny weeny print, it tells what species have that particular color/pattern.

The Maltese Tigers…:)

Recently married to the ever lovable BiPolarBear (little John)
                        www.weaselsoneasels.com | www.facebook.com/weaselsoneasels

As seen on This is Life with Lisa Ling on CNN (2018) !
                        Always open for pyo commissions, repairs and fine artwork! Email me for current prices! awier(@)weaselsoneasels.com

pipsxlch
                        Participant

Here’s another (better) pic of the reverse striped foal
                           photo zebrareverse_zpspkh4qdlv.jpg

Pam

It was a naked tail. Weird.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
                          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.