fbpx

Congratulations, Jennifer!!!!

Home Forums Miscellany General Art Discussion Congratulations, Jennifer!!!!

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 38 total)
  • Author
    Jennifer
    Keymaster

Oh wow, thank you all so much. I just saw this here. Winning was an incredible surprise, and a huge honor. It is hard to explain what a big deal the duck stamp is; the best I can say is that it is sort of like the Superbowl of wildlife art. It is life changing. I’m shaking as I type this. Still!

Volunteer mod- I'm here to help! Email me for the best response: nambroth at gmail.com
      My art: featherdust.com

Setsunawolf
      Participant

Congrats!!!!!!! All you have to do is ask. If you are in my area I’d be happy to come visit.

Looking for Blue Fawn Baby Kirin
        Sanguine Oriental Test Paints, kinglet
        Sun Dragon Koi #3

Melody
        Keymaster

SHE DID IT SHE DID IT SHE DID IT!!!!
          I knew she would!!!

Melody
          Keymaster

Oh wow, thank you all so much. I just saw this here. Winning was an incredible surprise, and a huge honor. It is hard to explain what a big deal the duck stamp is; the best I can say is that it is sort of like the Superbowl of wildlife art. It is life changing. I’m shaking as I type this. Still!!

It seems as part of winning, I will be mandated to attend several events over the next year, which will have me traveling all over the US. My husband would love to support me but they only pay my way and would not pay his. We are in the unfortunate position where we might not be able to afford an extra plane ticket for him and I may be doing this on my own. I would love to reach out to some of you in case you would visit me while I travel, as a support network. This will all have me well out of my comfort zone as I am shy and I will be representing a federal program for a year! It’s a lot of pressure. I will have more news soon!!

It’s like winning “Miss America”!
            but for real talent
            Ohhh That was snarky,
            sorry!

Purplecat
            Participant

I doubt any of the events would be in Ky, but I’d certainly come visit you! A huge congrats!

Tethra
              Participant

Congratulations! That is exciting news and a well deserved recognition of your talent.

briteblades
                Participant

Congratulations!!! What an incredible achievement!

LadyFirebird
                  Participant

Congratulations, Jennifer! I am so happy for you :bigsmile: !!!! I know you’ve been trying to win this for some time and it has finally happened. I hope this means a very positive turn in events in your life! Just happy, happy for you!

Prezaurian
                    Participant

Congratulations Jennifer! After watching you on dA for a good while, I’m not surprised. Your art (especially with birds) is spectacular! I don’t envy you having to attend the various functions, but it really is a HUGE honor. I heard about this art contest way back in high school from my Ecology teacher so…yeah. Very big deal.

And if a function by some miracle happens down in Georgia. I’d be willing to make an attempt to get to it to support ya (as long as I know where and when)! lol Even if we don’t know each other that well.

Kiya
                      Participant

If you’re in Oregon or Washington state, you know I’ll come and cheer you on! ๐Ÿ™‚

Pegasi1978
                        Participant

Depending on where in Alabama, I can do my best if you are down this way!

drag0nfeathers
                          Participant

HUGE Congrats Jennifer!!! I saw it on Facebook, so awesome!

Got a busted Windstone?
                            drag0nfeathersdesign@gmail.com
                            *OPEN for repairs*

*SEEKING GRAILS*
                            Arc-en-ciel Emperor
                            Siphlophis Male Dragon
                            Calypso Hatching Empress
                            Ivory Moss Sitting Baby Kirin
                            Tattoo Mother Kirin
                            Emerald Tabby Male Griffin
                            Tie Dye + Orion Hatching Royalty
                            Indigo Rockfish + Flame Tabby Little Rock Dragons
                            Dragon Quail + Obsidian Frost Old Warriors
                            Betta Sun Dragon + Male Dragon
                            Dreamscape, Orion, Poison Dart, Fireberry, Spangler + Tigerberry Dragons

Ela_Hara
                            Participant

Hey Jennifer!
                              Since this is for the Federal Duck Stamp, there may be a good chance that one of the events you attend will be at the Fish and Wildlife Service HQ offices in Washington DC (1849 C STREET NW). If you do come into Washington DC for an event during the week, please let me know and I’ll try my best to come out and support you. I work in downtown DC, and I’m not too far from the FWS Headquarters. I work on E Street NW, which is about 10-12 blocks away from there!

It would be My Great Honor to support you!

Congrats Again! ๐Ÿ˜€

IN SEARCH OF MY NEXT GRAILS:
                              Black Peacock & Butternut Adult Poads
                              Kickstarter 'Rainbow Tiger' Bantam Dragon

*~*~*~* Ela_Hara: The DragonKeeper *~*~*~*
                              *** Come visit me on deviantArt at http://ela-hara.deviantart.com

Mercury Star
                              Participant

Major congratulations, Jennifer! If you end up in Anchorage, Alaska, I would be more than happy to come by and support you! ๐Ÿ™‚

Skylover
                                Participant

This is just awesome! I do hope that you enjoy your travels. If you’re ever around the Colorado Springs/Denver area, I’d be more than happy to meet and support you!

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 38 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.