fbpx

Coffee, Tea or …?

Home Forums Miscellany Community Coffee, Tea or …?

Viewing 14 posts - 16 through 29 (of 29 total)
  • Author
    Zelda
    Participant

Tea drinker, for sure! Coffee smells wonderful but is often too bitter for my taste. I like most kinds of tea, save for the overly smokey or roasted flavors. I usually drink green tea or earl gray, but also love herbal teas and chai tea. I never put milk in my tea and have started drinking green tea without sugar.

My three favorites, if I had to pick just three? Newman’s Own for green (it’s smooth and mild), and Stash’s Double Bergamot Earl Grey for black (amazing smell and deep citrus-y flavor). And for iced tea, I’ll brew up a whole pitcher of PG Tips black tea.

I really started drinking tea in college. I had no car and didn’t want to haul big bottles of juice or soda back from the grocery store. So tea it was! Now I enjoy the warmth and the little tiny ritual that comes with making a cup. I’ll even drink hot tea in the summer, heh!

Forever seeking: Blackwatch the raffle Old Warrior, Jennifer Miller's pieces, and GB Baby unis!

Melissa
      Participant

I enjoy a cup of coffee in the morning, with cream and sugar. More than that, makes me jittery. In the summer, I like water after that (sparkling if possible), and in the winter, a mixed assortment of teas. Cupping my hands around a hot mug is one of life’s more consistent little pleasures. ๐Ÿ™‚

Rylorien
        Participant

I prefer teas but most of what I end up drinking is coffee, if only because it’s faster to make. I tend to prefer cold drinks over hot.

I’m also quirky in that when I drink my coffee hot at home, I start with a packet of hot chocolate and add the coffee to that rather than milk or a creamer. I’m sure I’m breaking some unspoken rules about mix-and-matching drinks but it’s a great way to sweeten and flavor the coffee.

StormDancer
          Participant

Pacific Chai Spice latte for me. If not that, hot chocolate or apple cider with a bit of cinnamon added to them.

Coffee to me you just can NOT add enough sugar or creamer to it to get rid of the bitterness. However having said that I do like the coffee nips hard candies.

Looking for:
            "COSMIC SHIFT DRAGONS and KI-RINS" and the "OCTOPUS TANUKI TEST PAINT #1"

Ela_Hara
            Participant

HaHa!
              I sometimes do that with my coffee as well – add a packet of Cocoa Mix. Sometimes I will also drop a couple or 3 Hersheys Kisses in my coffee instead of the mix… you do need to keep mixing it up, but the taste is good! ๐Ÿ™‚

IN SEARCH OF MY NEXT GRAILS:
              Black Peacock & Butternut Adult Poads
              Kickstarter 'Rainbow Tiger' Bantam Dragon

*~*~*~* Ela_Hara: The DragonKeeper *~*~*~*
              *** Come visit me on deviantArt at http://ela-hara.deviantart.com

GardenNinja
              Participant

Heh.
                I got started on coffee as a candy flavor at the age of 10 in Japan of all places. They sold coffee-favored chewing gum there, and I tried it just for the heck of it. When I got home, I bought some of the coffee-flavored hard candy available here, and loved it.
                In high school, I used caffeine pills a few times for all-nighters. I didn’t start drinking real coffee until college. Then when I made some at home on break, my father said “You haven’t started THAT nasty habit, have you?” Hey Dad, it’s just caffeine. Not tobacco. Not alcohol. Not cocaine….
                I make it like candy. Lots of milk and sweetener! I drink it when I get up in the morning. I drink it when I am nervous, when I am bored, when I am tired, or just because I like the flavor. I have my own cup-at-time coffee maker in my office, because the coffee provided by my employer is SWILL.

My keyboard is broken. I keep pressing "Escape", but I'm still here.

MandBsMom
                Participant

I never drank coffee until about ten years ago. My current love is the peppermint mocha flavored creamer. Mana from heaven. Seriously. My hubby likes to change up his creamer, but for me, this is it. Yum!

Love baby kirins, safari poads, mini keepers, and anything BLUE, BLUE, and, oh yes, BLUE.

Prezaurian
                  Participant

XD Okay, okay. I’m also guilty of putting hot chocolate powder in my coffee. And sometimes if I’m feeling especially naughty…ice cream or whip cream. I’m very guilty of not being a REAL coffee drinker.

I like hot tea and ice tea (usually unsweetened). One of my favorite things to do with ice tea is to prepare a jug of cold brew ice tea and add in a package of powdered ginger drink mix (you can get these in asian grocery stores). Absolutely DELICIOUS! It makes the tea lightly sweet and gives it a kick too.

siberakh1
                    Participant

I abhor coffee (except coffee flavored non-dairy ice cream). Disgusting stuff.
                      I like fruity teas, green, and oolong teas. No black or earl grey type teas. *blech* I disappoint Jean Luc Picard…

Soy chai lattes with some cinnamon added is heaven in a cup.

Juice is actually what I usually reach for most, esp. really good orange juice if I’m home.

Linda
                      Participant

I love coffee or at lease I use to. When I smoked I could drink a pot a day and sleep well at night. I did this for 30 years, I quit smoking Dec. 1, 2006 and coffee is not the same now I drink 1 to 2 cup a day now with coffee mate sugar free vanilla caramel no sugar. I used to use a teaspoon of creamer and sugar. I do love hot chocolate when it is cold outside to warm you up, in Louisiana that is very few days. I like to say we have 2 weeks of winter at 1 or 2 days at a time. Now tea I love when I am sick with honey and lemon I think that is the best tea. I forgot to say I love cinnamon, chocolate and vanilla coffee now after I quit smoking.

Nightcrow
                        Participant

Hot unsweetened black tea – morning, noon, and night, every day. ๐Ÿ™‚ I’ll drink coffee if it has cream (no sugar) but only when I’m not at home and tea isn’t an option.

When I’m at home I drink milk with meals.

*high-fives you* I’m another morning-noon-and-night hot unsweet tea drinker!

The only coffee I’ll have, however, is Jamoca Almond Fudge ice cream from Baskin Robbins. ๐Ÿ™‚ I really love coffee as a flavor in chocolate! That’s all, though; by itself, it has no appeal except for smell.

No milk for me, either; almond milk satisfies my milk-drinking needs. (Cooking with milk is fine, but I do not like its taste as a beverage.)

Interested in buying or trading for: GB Pebble Sitting Red Fox in dark grey, Lap Dragon Test Paints (Water Sprite, Glacial Pearl, Opulence, Pastel Rainbow, and many others - see my Classifieds ad), Blue Morpho OW, GB Pebble Loaf dragons in blue/aqua/teal, and Griffin Test Paints (Black Rainbow or Frosted Jade).

Amstaff
                          Participant

I was always a coffee drinker, but a few years ago started to really love tea when my bf got me to try it. So now I enjoy both.

I use my keurig at home for my coffee, I like mild types though, nothing too strong. And I don’t use cream, just skim milk and some sweetener. I also like flavored types such as hazelnut etc.

For tea my favorite is orange peko, with skim milk no sugar. Goes best with some sweets though like cookies, chocolate, etc etc. Desert after supper always includes tea

Timmies here (Tim Hortons) is a daily go-to on my lunch break at work for my caffeine fix. They also have awesome cappuccinos, and speciality coffees with whipped cream on top etc. They even make a hot chocolate/coffee mixed drink mmmmm

Mercury Star
                            Participant

Tea drinker, for sure! Coffee smells wonderful but is often too bitter for my taste. I like most kinds of tea, save for the overly smokey or roasted flavors.

This is me, pretty much! My mother gifted me a smoked black tea with strawberries, and I have only ever brewed one cup from it… shall we say it just wasn’t my cup of tea? Tea should not smell like smoked salmon mixed with fruit, nope.

I don’t usually sweeten my tea, if I do it is with just a bit of honey. Sometimes more honey if I am soothing a sore throat (with cinnamon added to offset any potential sugar rush). I have also been known to add some lemon if I have that on hand, and depending on the flavor notes of the particular tea.

Lupuslunae
                              Participant

Coffee, the blacker the better and rarely with anything else in the cup to muddle the pure taste of heaven. I used to drink soy lattes from Peet’s but it seems the ratio of milk and coffee too random and I always ended up with something way too light and disappointing. If I want to make it decadent, I drink my own 24 hour cold brew with coconut creamer and something sweet to dunk in it. Amazing yum.

I could stop drinking sodas altogether if I could get my coffee caffeine to absorb faster into the blood stream. Am I crazy or has anyone else considered trying to carbonate coffee?

Viewing 14 posts - 16 through 29 (of 29 total)
                              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.