fbpx

Cleaning windstones?

Home Forums Windstone Editions General Windstone Cleaning windstones?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Laurie
    Participant

I scored a black unicorn family yesterday from a resale shop in Virginia but the one male unicorn looks to have some white splotches on him that I’m looking to clean off. Does anyone have any ideas on how to clean these off without killing his paint job? I’ll post pics once I get my ipod back from Alyssa who is busy playing pet hotel on it atm.

WolfenMachine
      Participant

Don’t use any chemicals. This could ruin the paint job, or even worse, the gysum underneath. I’d recommend a damp cloth (wetted with water only) and very gently, carefully, try to rub the splotches off. Another thing you could try is putting warm water on the cloth and holding the warm cloth on the splotch for 4-8 seconds and then gently try to scrape it off with your finger nail. Water can be bad for Windstones, so proceed with caution.

Christine
        Participant

Aw dangit! I called asking about them and they were sold a couple hours beforehand. I was hoping/wondering if a forum member got them! Good find. 😉

Laurie
          Participant

The large bat winged flap cat and two smaller flap cats were still there. They wanted $100 for the large one and I think $50 for the small ones but the two small ones were not mint. I called ahead and paid for them over the phone since it was an hour and a half drive for me to get there.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.