fbpx

Cleaning Red Windstones?

Home Forums Windstone Editions Repairs Cleaning Red Windstones?

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    rachelled
    Participant

I recently purchased a lovely Fire Red rising spectral. I love it! But it does need a little cleaning – I understand that the red paint rubs off easily, though. I couldn’t find any help through the search function. I did find out NOT to get them wet, but that’s all.

Any tips?

Jennifer
      Keymaster

Try a soft clean paintbrush (or even a CLEAN makeup brush if you have one). A slightly more stuff brush like a synthetic artist’s paintbrush can be used in stubborn crevices.
        If that does not help, you can try pressurized air, such as canned air dusters or if you happen to have a compressor, you can try that (just use a lower PSI to be safe).

Gentle wiping with a non-abrasive cloth can work too!

If it is too dirty for these things to work, let us know. Maybe someone can think of something better.

Volunteer mod- I'm here to help! Email me for the best response: nambroth at gmail.com
        My art: featherdust.com

drag0nfeathers
        Participant

For stubborn dust I have a semi stiff, but still sort of soft long bristle paint brush I use to get into the nooks and crannies. Also, those cans of compressed air work pretty decent that they use for keyboards and stuff.

Got a busted Windstone?
          drag0nfeathersdesign@gmail.com
          *OPEN for repairs*

*SEEKING GRAILS*
          Arc-en-ciel Emperor
          Siphlophis Male Dragon
          Calypso Hatching Empress
          Ivory Moss Sitting Baby Kirin
          Tattoo Mother Kirin
          Emerald Tabby Male Griffin
          Tie Dye + Orion Hatching Royalty
          Indigo Rockfish + Flame Tabby Little Rock Dragons
          Dragon Quail + Obsidian Frost Old Warriors
          Betta Sun Dragon + Male Dragon
          Dreamscape, Orion, Poison Dart, Fireberry, Spangler + Tigerberry Dragons

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.