Classified Ads viewing glitch

Home Forums Miscellany Help & Feedback Classified Ads viewing glitch

This topic contains 9 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by  Zexious 2 years ago.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author

Nightcrow
    Participant

This hasn’t happened in several months, but then today it started again.  D:

When viewing the classified ads (from main page, https://windstoneeditions.com/classified-ads/) I am unable to view ads by category.  Clicking on ‘All Categories’  to reach the dropdown menu and selecting “For Sale” causes the Subcategory box to appear for a few seconds , but it disappears and the page is reset to the main page with ‘All Categories’ showing in the selection field again.

The same thing happens when I try to select “For Trade” or “Wanted” ads.

Interested in buying or trading for: GB Pebble Sitting Red Fox in grey, Lap Dragon Test Paints (Pearl Steel Blue, Mystic Umber, Pastel Rainbow, others), & production Lap Dragons with minor to moderate damage!

Also seeking Breyer SM Swaps bodies in poor to fair condition for customizing.

etruscan
    Participant

This hasn’t happened in several months, but then today it started again. D: When viewing the classified ads (from main page, https://windstoneeditions.com/classified-ads/) I am unable to view ads by category. Clicking on ‘All Categories’ to reach the dropdown menu and selecting “For Sale” causes the Subcategory box to appear for a few seconds , but it disappears and the page is reset to the main page with ‘All Categories’ showing in the selection field again. The same thing happens when I try to select “For Trade” or “Wanted” ads.

I had the same problem yesterday.

Nightcrow
    Participant

Tried again today – same thing.  🙁

Interested in buying or trading for: GB Pebble Sitting Red Fox in grey, Lap Dragon Test Paints (Pearl Steel Blue, Mystic Umber, Pastel Rainbow, others), & production Lap Dragons with minor to moderate damage!

Celestial Rainstorm
    Participant

I, too was having the same issue.

Finding happiness again.

Celestial Rainstorm
    Participant

Bumping, still having this issue.

Finding happiness again.

Nightcrow
    Participant

This is still an issue for me, too!

It’s been a couple of weeks (during which time I have closed/reopened my browser, restarted the entire laptop, updated Flash, etc. multiple times) and I’m still unable to select a Classified category for viewing.  🙁

Susie
    Keymaster

Thank you!  I will let Clay, our Webmaster know so he can fix it again.

Clay
    Keymaster

Susie just made me aware of this issue, and I am working on fixing it. I will probably need to contact the developer of our Classifieds plugin and get his input, which may take a few days. In the meantime, after clicking on the “Browse Ads” button, you will see a “View Categories” button. Clicking that one will display all the categories for you.

Also, for a quicker response to website issues in the future it’s good to post on the “website concerns” thread at https://windstoneeditions.com/topic/new-website-concerns/ where I can know about issues right away.

Thanks for your patience, and I will update this thread when the problem is solved.

Nightcrow
    Participant

Aha!  Thank you for the update and workaround, and for the new posting place!  Hope you and the plugin guy can figure it out eventually.  🙂

Edit: Not sure you’re the person for this, but there’s a small spelling error on the ‘Browse Ads’ –> ‘Category’ page.  Commisions should be Commissions<.

Zexious
    Participant

Thank you for all your hard work, Clay! <3

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.