fbpx

Classified Ads are OPEN! (IMPORTANT! PLEASE READ!)

Home Forums Administration Flea Market Classified Ads are OPEN! (IMPORTANT! PLEASE READ!)

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 61 total)
  • Author
    etruscan
    Participant

Is the “Classified Ads” section supposed to show on the Windstone Home page? It doesn’t, and I don’t see it anyplace else either (except your link).

Pam

The link to the classifieds is only posted here for the time being. Once we get the final bugs worked out, I will post a link somewhere in the menu.

Additionally, and I forgot to mention this before I think: You don’t have to make a separate ad for every item that you are selling. You can combine them in one ad. BUT you could also separate them if you prefer. Same goes for wanted and trading (although for wanted, it might be best to condense things into one thread if you are looking for more than a handful of items).

Pam

One more thing I forgot to mention, since the classifieds are still so new, you are welcome to post the same ads there AND here in the flea market until the permanent switch is made (that way your ad is not missed by people who may not be visiting the classifieds yet).

Carolyn
          Participant

I posted one . It’s easy to do .

Zelda
            Participant

Wow, I really like how the Classifieds section is looking! I think it’s a lot easier to look through than the flea market/trade boards are now.

I also agree with keeping non-Windstone items separate. It may not have been such a big deal when there were less forum users, but the crowd’s (happily!) pretty big now and with Windstone being a business and all, there’s every right to keep appropriate focus on their merchandise and helping collectors find their favorite pieces.

All in all, thanks Pam for putting this new system together and for addressing the associated concerns!

Forever seeking: Blackwatch the raffle Old Warrior, Jennifer Miller's pieces, and GB Baby unis!

Pam

Ive noticed some people are still uploading preview images but not putting any actual images in their ads. Should I add an option to upload a full-size image to ads?

Amy
                Participant

Ive noticed some people are still uploading preview images but not putting any actual images in their ads. Should I add an option to upload a full-size image to ads?

That would be great Pam. It would certainly help me remember 🙂
                  Could you add multiple fields for multiple photos?

Pam

I can set it for multiple uploads.

If I add an option to upload images strait from your computer, should I keep the preview image upload separate, or would that be too confusing? Benefit of having them separate would be that you can choose a custom preview image, and even if you dont want to use pictures from your computer for the ad, you could still give your ad a preview image.

Amy
                    Participant

Um, I’m having a hard time picturing this.

could you describe what the actual layout of the add setup page would look like?

Like, what do you mean keeping the image uploads separate from the thumbnail one?

Pam

There would be a preview image upload in the same place as now. This would be to upload the image that shows in the ad lists. Further down would be a second image upload, for large images that you want to have appear in your ad. This could be confusing for people who are having trouble understanding what the preview image is.

Second option would be to eliminate the preview upload, and just have the full-size image upload. No need to worry about the preview image. Whatever the first full size image is that you upload to use in your ad, that would automatically double as the preview image (like how ebay pictures work). The negative here is that if you want a preview image, you HAVE to include it as a full-size image in your ad. This could be annoying for people who want to insert pictures using html.

Amy
                        Participant

Oh, by all means keep them separate then.

Purplecat
                          Participant

I’m lovin the way it looks! I’m thinking this will be much more efficient…both to those surfin ads browsing for new pretties, and for us sellers. It actually makes me want to go paint a pyo just to test it out!

Thumbs up, it looks awesome!

Purplecat
                            Participant

I vote “NO” on a non-windstone classifieds section. This is a Windstone website, not ebay or craigslist. To make an ‘official’ section for it is silly in my opinion. The only reason that there is a non-windstone flea market section at all was that people were complaining about non-windstone sales cluttering the windstone sales! Leave it on the forum.

Plus, the rules on what can or cant be sold are kinda strict anyhow, and honestly…..ONLY having the abilities to sell windstones here might be simpler.

I’ve been in that unpleasant bucket of fish, selling something of my own without bad intentions, but having threads locked. Lets just avoid that sort of misunderstanding and unpleasantness in the first place for others.

Just my two cents.

Wampus Dragon
                              Participant

So currently I CAN list multiple items correct? I kind of like the fact that I can do that, as it lets buyers see the items they want and skip through what they dont care about instead of having to read my whole sales post.

Pam

Yes! You can make a separate ad for every item you have for sale, if you so choose.

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 61 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.