Christmas Mouse

Home Forums Miscellany Food Christmas Mouse

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    Bodine
    Participant

These are just darling AND delicious.Amber made some for Christmas.They are chocolate covered cherries with a Hershey kiss for the head,slivers of almond for eyes and ears.Drop of red icing for nose is what she used.They were a hit and very good.
      Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Every act matters.No matter how small💞
      (Wanted......Brimstone Lap)
      Male Hearth....one day🤞Dream on.

Susie
      Keymaster

How cute!

Melody
        Keymaster

Ha ha! A dipped cherry with a Hershies kiss for a face!
          (That plate he is on is gorgeous!!)

Bodine
          Participant

They are good and you don’t need but a couple.
            The bowl was a very lucky find.[sorry about the tag line in the bowl,didn’t see it there]It is a perfect match to her peacock vase arrangments in the living room and am currently working on a set of balls for it to match.The bowl was a wedding gift for Amber & David but sure wish I could have kept it.I will get a good pic next time I go visit.It is very large and heavy,thick glass.I haven’t seen another one like it yet but I do keep my eyes open.If I find them I will contact you about one if you wish but I must say they are pricey.

Bodine
            Participant

I can’t find another bowl like that one I did find this one.It’s gorgeous also.17″across and I am scared to use it.Maybe I’ll put it on the wall as art.It also seconds as a good hiding place for the e/p curlie. 😀

twindragonsmum
              Participant

That’s a stunner of a piece of glass! Where did you find it (I’m a glass fanatic as well as Windstone addict :love: ) It’s marvelous!

tdm

tdm

Bodine
                Participant

That’s a stunner of a piece of glass! Where did you find it (I’m a glass fanatic as well as Windstone addict :love: ) It’s marvelous!

tdm

They have been found at Tuesday Morning.I have three so far and when I get moved they are going on the wall.They are too nice to get chipped.These are from Turkey and are handpainted.They call it reverse handpainted.I will get a good shot of Amber’s next month.It is gorgeous like a peacock feather.Didn’t know you were a lover of art glass.Just bowls or art glass?

twindragonsmum
                  Participant

All sorts of glass: animals from Sweden, antique from Europe, Carnival glass, Depression glass, hand made marbles, art glass, stained glass, Elegant Depression, etched, satin, carved, covered animal dishes, sugar and creamer sets, Galloway Crystal from Ireland, Waterford, children’s tea sets, Orient and Flume, Brilliant Era cut glass, chandelier prisms, Swarovski Crystal, beach glass, lightning glass, Witch balls, fishing floats, paperweights, salt dishes, milk glass, opalescent, opaque, beads… And that’s just some of what I have :love:

tdm 🙂

tdm

Bodine
                    Participant

How cool! I am currently collecting a few oversized bowls/platters to line a wall.They are 17″ across except for the 4 point one,it is 14″.I have a four point fluted/rippled carnival bowl with green bottom.Do you know who did it?
                      Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic It measures 10″across,4″deep.Thanks for any info on it.
                      I am thinking of getting a flower bowl next.Art glass is addicting too. :bigsmile:

twindragonsmum
                      Participant

Top bowl

Maker: Fenton
                        Color: Emerald Green
                        Pattern: Stippled Rays
                        Irridescence: Marigold or Emerald – I’d be willing to bet Marigold
                        Edge Treatment: Ruffled Candy Ribbon Edge
                        Foot: Collar Base

Both Fenton and Northwood Glass did a stippled rays and a smooth rays pattern with various edge treatments. Northwood Glass is generally identified by an underlined capital N inside a circle. Fenton Glass from this time period usually did not have any sort of identifying mark. The stippled ray pattern has tiny, closely spaced, raised dots that fills every other ray leaving the rays inbetween the stippled ones smooth, usually with a satin finish. The color of the piece is determined by holding it up to a strong light source and looking at the glass through the iridescence. The color, then, is the color of the glass not the iridescence EXCEPT for the Marigold (Orangey) color. The glass on a Marigold piece is always clear like window glass and called crystal. It is the only color in Carnival Glass to be named for the color of the Iridescence not the color of the glass.

Hope this helps! Feel free to ask if you’ve any other questions 🙂

tdm 🙂

tdm

Bodine
                        Participant

WOW :bigsmile: THANK YOU!!Big help.Hugz :love:

Bodine
                          Participant

I just scored! I gave up on the WE young on Ebay so went looking around and found this.
                            Got it for $20.00.Made in Turkey,is brand new and is 13″.YAY! :bigsmile:
                            I have had this set for years.First time they have been out of their boxes,photos only.Some are a little “naughty but nice” so I won’t show them but if you want to see them I can email more pics.They are adorable.It will be an interesting wall. 😀
                            Image and video hosting by TinyPic 4 plates,all different olive/party.
                            these are snack size-Image and video hosting by TinyPic
                            These are coasters-Image and video hosting by TinyPic
                            if these are too bad,sorry,take them off. 🙂

twindragonsmum
                            Participant

Great score on the yellow plate! If you have any other carnival glass, depression glass, opalescent, etc. shoot me a pm and I’ll help identify them 🙂

tdm

tdm

Bodine
                              Participant

Thanx luv,will do.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
                              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.