Chicken Candlelamp

Home Forums Windstone Editions Ask Melody Chicken Candlelamp

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 22 total)
  • Author
    Melissa
    Participant

Well, just saw the little guy on Ebay. He’s absolutely adorable.

Is there any chance of more of these little guys being cast in the foreseeable future? squeek* squeek* squeek*

Or will it be limited to just these two?

Thanks. ๐Ÿ™‚

Edit: Ah, just saw the blog. Hmm… Cockatrices also sound pretty nice…

Melissa
      Participant

Leigha
        Participant

Cockatrices sound awesome

bayoudragon
          Participant

Cockatrice!? REALLY!! I would soooo love one (or two)! squeek* squeek*

Yeah for evil chickens! ๐Ÿ˜† ๐Ÿ˜ˆ

Melody
            Keymaster

Maplecarver wrote:

Well, just saw the little guy on Ebay. He’s absolutely adorable.

Is there any chance of more of these little guys being cast in the foreseeable future? squeek* squeek* squeek*

Or will it be limited to just these two?

Thanks. ๐Ÿ™‚

Edit: Ah, just saw the blog. Hmm… Cockatrices also sound pretty nice…I “blogged” about him yesterday if you’d like to read more about this chicken. No I’m not going to make more just like this one, but I might re-sculpt this chick into something else, like maybe just a chick without the stupid candle on his back.

Nicole
              Participant

I really love the chick. I hope you do make more for the store, as im doubting ill be able to afford the ebay ones. I just got 10 baby chicks this spring and they are just starting to get booted out of their indoor playpen and into the outdoor chicken coup ๐Ÿ˜€

purpledragonclaw
                Participant

Cockatrices would be cool. You don’t see many of those represented in sculpture.

Heather
                  Participant

I loved what you said about the chick model for that piece growing up to be a totally rotten rooster! Sounds familiar, and you certainly did manage to capture that “me so tough” expression on his face. This is a piece I’d like to see more done with . . . admittedly it’s because I dearly love my chickies. Even when they dash my hopes by starting to crow at three days old . . . just like their daddy did. ๐Ÿ˜ฎ

purpledragonclaw
                    Participant

Three days old?? I foresee some sleepless nights, and no need for an alarm clock.

Heather
                      Participant

purpledragonclaw wrote:

Three days old?? I foresee some sleepless nights, and no need for an alarm clock.

I wish my roosters would consult a clock! They like to sound off at 4AM, and will cheerfully keep it up every half-hour or so until the sun is well up. But they’re not as loud as the peacock, who yells morning and evening and occasionally likes to holler at the moon. :shrug: Thank goodness we live in a rural area, and nobody seems to mind the racket too much.

I have to say that a three-day-old chick crowing sounds awfully silly: “Preepareereep!” ๐Ÿ˜† It tends to get the “what, you crazy?” look from the other chicks.

purpledragonclaw
                        Participant

I hear peacocks make good burglar alarms; they don’t take to strangers well. 4AM?? Don’t most crow at 6? The one near us did. Your peacock yells at the moon? What did the moon do to it? That chick is gonna be a ladies-man once he gets his comb and his crow deepens!

lamortefille
                          Participant

Melody wrote: “Imagine a whole family of cement demon yard chickens! They could be eating a plastic flamingo or a gnome”.

That would be cool! ๐Ÿ˜€

Our neighbor had a rooster that would crow day or night…whenever he felt like it. I think the people moved, but in any case he’s gone. I miss hearing him.

One morning a few weeks ago, I spotted a male pheasant wandering the neighborhood. The lady down the street has adopted him, but he still leaves her yard to wander on our lawns. He’s cool.

purpledragonclaw
                            Participant

You have a pheasant that wanders around your town? He’s friendly! We had some turkeys pop up near our yard, a male and a female. Boy, they have a loud gobble!

lamortefille
                              Participant

Not friendly enough to get close to. lol My husband says he was probably somebody’s pet that escaped. We haven’t seen any posters on telephone poles for him, though. ๐Ÿ˜‰

That’s cool about the turkeys! My friend lives way out in the country…he says he gets wild turkeys in his yard. They even brought their babies around. ๐Ÿ˜€

Heather
                                Participant

Wow, I’d be delighted if our roosters only crowed at 6AM! Ours sound off any time they feel like it: 4AM is pretty consistent, but they also crow all day long, when they’re disturbed at night, and whenever they hear another rooster crowing. I sometimes wonder if the real problem is that our two boss roosters are “crowaholics” and the younger ones just follow along. Jake and Elwood are Blue Andalusians and the twin sons of our old rooster Blue (yes, they are the Blues Brothers; couldn’t resist! ๐Ÿ˜† ). Blue was also a late-night crower and he too crowed at three days old. In a box of fifty chicks, it was hard to figure out which one was the ringer!

The newest member of the “I Crowed at Three Days Old Club” is a service chicken. No, really. He’s the seeing-eye companion to a blind chick that hatched out this spring. The blind chick is Sonar; his friend is Radar.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 22 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.