fbpx

Castles

Viewing 10 posts - 16 through 25 (of 25 total)
  • Author
    VS
    Participant

Actually, for a castle that fragile, why not have some assembly be required? The towers can be more safely packaged that way too. And people can buy replacements if they break one but not all of the pieces. Lots of models get sold that way now, so might be an idea to consider for a PYO castle.

Suzanne-Marie
      Participant

I absolutely Luv, Luv,Luv that castle !!
        I have a custom obstacle by Polly Cleveland for my jumper resin horses Extreme Justice and Nighthawk; it’s called Faeryland Flight; in it there is a light blue acrylic tiny pond that looks amazing!!
        Maybe you could make tiny fish, and sell us the acrylic to pour in ourselves??
        Just a thought ….
        This drawing you did Melody🦋 is so amazing!!

BDFF3638-D513-4F6A-96A7-220C6860BF56

Melody
        Keymaster

I’ve always wanted to produce the castle as a paint-yer-own. It would be too time-consuming for us to paint for production but it would be a blast to paint yourself! It has a problem though, there is a fish pond that needs a glass insert. That makes it complicated.
          It would be so fun to customize it by gluing on fake moss, mushrooms, sticks, and whatnot to the finished piece! Maybe I could make it hollow so you could stick fairy lights inside…

If you expect people to customize the rest of the castle, you could sell the castles without an insert for the fish pond. Let the painters customize that area too. Who knows what they would do with it?

Depending on the size of the fishpond, I would make little tiny fish to put in it and add that pourable clear acrylic for the water. That would be fun.

I made a second piece that is the bottom of the pond, thinking we would glue it under the piece of glass forming the top of the pond. It has little fish.

d41ipjcastle

BigCatKeeper
          Participant

It’s so precious! I do love the idea of this as a PYO. The whole piece is so whimsical.

Melody
            Keymaster

Actually, for a castle that fragile, why not have some assembly be required? The towers can be more safely packaged that way too. And people can buy replacements if they break one but not all of the pieces. Lots of models get sold that way now, so might be an idea to consider for a PYO castle.

It isn’t very fragile, but if I wanted to have it hollow, I might make one in two halves you could glue together. That way you could put little led fairy lights inside! I wonder how hard it would be to do that? In the old days, when we sold to retail gift shops, everything had to be finished, but now, heck, anything goes!
              Just daydreaming here.

pdlucich
              Participant

“It’s our birthday, love, and we wants it.”

It's not hoarding if it's books!
                Cat hair -- condiment and fashion accessory!

Bodine
                Participant

You have good dreams!😊

Every act matters.No matter how small💞
                  (Wanted......Brimstone Lap)
                  Male Hearth....one day🤞Dream on.

VS
                  Participant

The cast gypsum castles being resold seem all damaged, that’s why I thought this one might be in equal danger (especially with how people pack such now and how the mail services beat everything up). That idea for leaving space for internal lights sounds great! I’m sure people can figure out some easy to install options.
                    Love the idea of a fish pond insert with tiny fish. That’s so cute! My Beta fish might get jealous, lol.

LZ
                    Participant

In the time of retail stores the whole thing may have had to be sold finished, but now people love customizing things. It’s a real trend to be able to personalize stuff. How else did Pinterest get so popular…

Looking for...

Sitting young oriental dragon koi gold and white

pipsxlch
                      Participant

Omg the little cabbages! This would be a super fun piece.

Viewing 10 posts - 16 through 25 (of 25 total)
                      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.