fbpx

Buyers Beware! Ebay auction! Dragon lot

Home Forums Windstone Editions General Windstone Buyers Beware! Ebay auction! Dragon lot

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 31 total)
  • Author
    WolfenMachine
    Participant

So if anyone is bidding on this lot

[link removed by Moderator]

be careful. I say that because I messaged the seller asking if he/she was going to sell them separately or all together (as the description is not clear). This seller has been on ebay for a while but zero feedback. [edited by Moderator]

Here are the replies I got…read from the bottom up -newest replies on top, oldest at the bottom:

Dear Violetwerewolf,
      Will do now..sorry again
      -[name removed by Moderator]

Dear [name removed by Moderator]
      well me and the other bidder are thinking we are getting everything so you’d better cancel the bids and start a new auction. If you don’t and someone wins and they don’t get everything in the picture they will leave you a negative feedback. That’s what I would do.
      -Violetwerewolf

Dear violetwerewolf,
      we ll I have to list each one seperately ,,I m not saleing all those expense statues for fifty dollars…I thought it was to start a bid ,.like I said this is my first time useing eBay ,,so sorry about the confusing I ll fix my post…
      -[name removed by Moderator]

Dear [name removed by Moderator],

So your listing for Windstone dragons is for everything pictured?

– violetwerewolf

So basically he’s saying he’s not selling everything in the picture. I advised him to list each one seperately and he said he’d take the auction down but hasn’t. He hasn’t adjusted shipping so according to ebay, it will cost $12 to ship all those Windstones to me. Yeah right! I get a bad feeling about that auction and don’t want anyone here to get burned and not receive everything, have problems with the seller, or receive several broken pieces. You won’t have ebay to back you up because the description says the seller might sell them separately.

Ela_Hara
      Participant

Yeah, I wouldn’t take a chance on something like that anyway. I’d be concerned they’d all be boxed together and not very well, to perhaps arrive broken… unless of course I knew it was a WS Forum member that I could trust.

Too many red flags for my taste. Buyer Beware indeed.

IN SEARCH OF MY NEXT GRAILS:
        Black Peacock & Butternut Adult Poads
        Kickstarter 'Rainbow Tiger' Bantam Dragon

*~*~*~* Ela_Hara: The DragonKeeper *~*~*~*
        *** Come visit me on deviantArt at http://ela-hara.deviantart.com

Kim
        Blocked

I just looked it up and what the heck? Why are there a ton of bids on it now for $322.77 also from a new person with zero feedback? That is also really suspicious like did they open another account just to drive up the bids? I think this should be reported to ebay!

Looking for rainbow or pink & teal grab bags!

JynXx
          Participant

When this listing was first posted, I was wary of something amiss going on. I generally don’t accept bids from eBay Users with names like this Seller’s, nor do I accept bids from Users with less than 10 Positive Feedback unless they contact me first. It certainly seems my instinct was correct, and will be among those who put in a report to eBay regarding this questionable auction. Thank you WolfenMachine for posting this Topic to warn other Forum Users. It would be really sad to see someone from here get scammed out of that much money, only to receive broken Windstones, at best! <— which isn't a good thing

↞↞≪∙ FOREVER SEEKING •↟•

• ► By Patricia Smith ◄ •
            ☙ "SKY BRONZE" Emperor Dragon
            ✾ "RAINBOW ASAGI" Moon Oriental Dragon
            ✾ "RAINBOW TIGER" Sun Oriental Dragon

• ► By Melody ◄ •
            ☙ "Test Paint #5" GB '15 PUMA
            ☙ #170 FANTASY GB '22 Young Qi'Lin
            ☙ #224 KOI GB '22 Young Qi'Lin

Nightcrow
            Participant

Very, very sketchy!

And did anyone else look closely at the picture and notice that something way weird is up with that White Mother Dragon? She looks like she was the victim of a bad attempt to make her a koi dragon… or perhaps she spilled her morning coffee all over herself! Yikes. And of course there is no description of each item’s condition in the auction text.

Interested in buying or trading for: GB Pebble Sitting Red Fox in dark grey, Lap Dragon Test Paints (Water Sprite, Glacial Pearl, Opulence, Pastel Rainbow, and many others - see my Classifieds ad), Blue Morpho OW, GB Pebble Loaf dragons in blue/aqua/teal, and Griffin Test Paints (Black Rainbow or Frosted Jade).

JynXx
              Participant

OMG… just look at the price of that auction now… ridiculous!! And I agree about the White Mother Dragon…

↞↞≪∙ FOREVER SEEKING •↟•

• ► By Melody ◄ •

Nightcrow
                Participant

OMG… just look at the price of that auction now… ridiculous!! And I agree about the White Mother Dragon…

Very, very suspicious, the way that zero-feedback bidder just keeps coming back to bid and bid and bid! Wonder if the seller has decided taking the auction down is too much trouble, and it’s easier to “win” it with a fake account and just hand nice positive feedback all around? (Does eBay charge a fee to cancel an auction? Otherwise it seems like a lot of trouble to create a fake account to bid on yourself, but if there’s a fee and the opportunity to boost your rating, maybe it’d seem worth it to some people?)

I sent the seller a question about the White Mother’s unusual appearance, so we’ll see what reply that gets!

Interested in buying or trading for: GB Pebble Sitting Red Fox in dark grey, Lap Dragon Test Paints (Water Sprite, Glacial Pearl, Opulence, Pastel Rainbow, and many others - see my Classifieds ad), Blue Morpho OW, GB Pebble Loaf dragons in blue/aqua/teal, and Griffin Test Paints (Black Rainbow or Frosted Jade).

Nightcrow
                  Participant

Very, very suspicious, the way that zero-feedback bidder just keeps coming back to bid and bid and bid! Wonder if the seller has decided taking the auction down is too much trouble, and it’s easier to “win” it with a fake account and just hand nice positive feedback all around? (Does eBay charge a fee to cancel an auction? Otherwise it seems like a lot of trouble to create a fake account to bid on yourself, but if there’s a fee and the opportunity to boost your rating, maybe it’d seem worth it to some people?)

I sent the seller a question about the White Mother’s unusual appearance, so we’ll see what reply that gets!

Nightcrow
                    Participant

{Whoops, double-posted because the forum was lagging! Sorry.}

fatalbeauty
                      Participant

*looks at the bidding history* very suspicious!

4 things I'm looking for:
                        1. Mother Meerkat
                        2. production color Sitting Young Oriental dragons to be made in more colors besides VF
                        3. Female Griffin – Siamese with White
                        4. September Raffle Prize 2022 AHD Male Griffin

pony-up
                        Participant

What got me when I first saw this auction was that the seller says they are all in good condition but just look at that poor mother Pegasus in the close up pic. She’s covered with black marks! I don’t understand why the bid would ever even get that high. None of the pieces are rare, are they?

Kim
                          Blocked

The zero feedback is definitely suspicious as this is the only thing they bid on but I am wondering who the high bidder is with 40 feedback who at least has bidding activity on other items. I wonder if it’s a coincidence both the bidder’s names are showing as e***l. I wrote the seller asking them about the zero feedback bidder who upped the price to $1600. I also said they couldn’t list an auction saying items were negotiable and that whatever they pictured in the auction would have to be included if someone won it. I also told them how to edit the listing and change the description to mention exactly how many Windstones someone was getting, the names and conditions of all of them. I also said it would be better if they were listed separately because they would all have to be carefully packed and double boxed and most shipped separately to prevent breaking so that would be a lot of boxes to ship.

I am not sure why someone would even bid on them and risk getting items in poor condition or poorly packed that could get broken, never mind at the high price they are at now. The largest box I have ever gotten had 4 large sculptures in it all double boxed and the one box alone was $50 to ship so this would require at least 4 boxes like that so the shipping isn’t accurate. Not to mention if anyone in Canada bid, it is showing me that the Canadian import fees based on the current bid would be $155 because of the stupid global shipping program. I reported the listing but it is still showing so not sure what will come of it. After I messaged the seller though, this is what they said:

“First of all I dint have anyone upping the bid,,second of all I have been on the phone twice today trying to get help with taking the post down to redo it…and third the pics are clear enough for anybody to see how many pieces it is and if there not sure they can ask …but thank you for the info
                            the bid is only at 322 how is that upping it from another account.,,I can get that for one statue…like I said befor I m just learning ebay this is my first time and I was confused on how it went…”
                            – [name removed by Moderator]

So according to what they said, they think each of these used statues is worth over $300? So yeah all I can picture is this going very badly for whoever wins these if it is a legitimate buyer who thinks they are worth that much because the other person who drove up the bids. Too bad ebay changed it so we can’t message people anymore who unknowingly bid on something they shouldn’t. When I used to collect beanies, I used to message bidders who bid on counterfeit ones letting them know and they were very grateful to know.

Looking for rainbow or pink & teal grab bags!

JynXx
                            Participant

I wonder if it’s a coincidence both the bidder’s names are showing as e***l. I wrote the seller asking them about the zero feedback bidder who upped the price to $1600. After I messaged the seller though, this is what they said:

“First of all I dint have anyone upping the bid,,second of all I have been on the phone twice today trying to get help with taking the post down to redo it…and third the pics are clear enough for anybody to see how many pieces it is and if there not sure they can ask …but thank you for the info
                              the bid is only at 322 how is that upping it from another account.,,I can get that for one statue…like I said befor I m just learning ebay this is my first time and I was confused on how it went…”
                              – [name removed by Moderator]

So according to what they said, they think each of these used statues is worth over $300? So yeah all I can picture is this going very badly for whoever wins these if it is a legitimate buyer who thinks they are worth that much because the other person who drove up the bids. Too bad ebay changed it so we can’t message people anymore who unknowingly bid on something they shouldn’t. When I used to collect beanies, I used to message bidders who bid on counterfeit ones letting them know and they were very grateful to know.

51 bids, and counting.. to me, that’s the most suspicious thing of all, regarding shill bidding. I don’t believe them for a millisecond they, or someone else, is not driving up the bid. ALL of those pieces are common enough that the price this auction is currently at, is ludicrous. As for the names being similar, I really think it’s a mere coincidence. Everyone has two bid aliases. For example, my bid alias is “k***e” when I’m bidding on something, but shows up as “k***h” in the Feedback. I also really miss being able to message other Users regarding an auction. eBay should bring that back, but we all know that’s never gonna happen.

IF they are all in excellent condition, which they’re clearly not, the gargoyles are worth maybe $80 each at the most; the Emperor averages at about $200-$250; the Wizard $200 max; both Scratching dragons about $80-$150 each; both Mother dragons about $50-$200 each, depending on the seller. I’ve seen a Peacock in perfect condition go for $50 just recently; Mother Unicorn, about $60; Male dragon, at the most $200. The seller I just mentioned also had the Male listed for $50; max of Store price on all the smaller dragons, and maybe $80 max on the card holders. So, with all those calculations added up at the max, it’s just under $1800 for pieces in perfect condition w/boxes, not including the shipping cost. For this lot, I’d say the worth is maybe a max of $1500 shipped. I highly doubt the boxes are included, and each piece has signs of wear.

↞↞≪∙ FOREVER SEEKING •↟•

• ► By Melody ◄ •

I just looked it up and what the heck? Why are there a ton of bids on it now for $322.77 also from a new person with zero feedback? That is also really suspicious like did they open another account just to drive up the bids? I think this should be reported to ebay!

Didn’t you start at zero?

I am confused! Not about the questionable listing, because it does raise an eyebrow….i am comfused with some of these comments. you all started out with zero as a feedback score. Your reasoning implies it would have been acceptable for a seller to turn you away when you were new to ebay. How would anyone get ahead if they all thought like this?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 31 total)
                            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.