broke up with the boy

Home Forums Miscellany Community broke up with the boy

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 24 total)
  • Author

I mentioned elsewhere that I’d met a guy and we’d been going out, well that stuttered to a halt once I’d moved one town over (it’s about 45 mins away but I already lived about that far away from him at my old place, because Toronto is that big) and more and more it was just me doing the calling and texting and emailing, so finally I left a voicemail message that said “Hey if you want an out, here’s your out, because I’m not gonna be that person who does all the work in this relationship” which finally prompted some sort of response after nearly a week of nothing. Essentially he told me he just thought of me as a friend and that it was just me thinking we had anything more than that. Which I think is flatout bollocks, because I don’t know about you guys, but I don’t regularly make out with my friends. Which I was not usually the one to initiate, I might add. Or cook them dinner on Valentine’s day, give them flowers and take them out. Or, ya know, hold hands all the damn time.

I’m just frustrated that some boys continue this stupid cycle: lead the girl on, not return calls to avoid confrontation, instead of just manning up and admitting they aren’t into you anymore, and then pretending they just wanted to be friends the whole time. I’m a big girl, I can take it, in fact I prefer that kind of honesty no matter how hard to hear than just floating around the sea of uncertainty inside my head. The whole conversation should have been said and done weeks ago, and it took me having to push to have it at all. If any of you are lucky enough to find men who don’t pull this crap, because the last few I’ve dated did nearly the same thing each time, you hold on to them and maybe give them some cookies. Because this stupid scenario wears me right out every time, I’m done LOL

This is why I stay single most of the time! πŸ˜‰

Pegasi1978
    Participant

Aw I’m sorry to hear things didn’t work out.

siberakh1
      Participant

Sorry to hear things didn’t work out. *hugs* *offers chocolate*

Stephanie
        Participant

*hugs*

Lokie
          Participant

I’m really sorry πŸ™ My own relationships haven’t fared well, so I have no advice or wisdom to share, but I do have a lot of chocolate. *passes chocolate*

Elena
            Participant

Passes sunhawk cookies

I know what you mean girl. My favorite line that I get is “You’re too good for me” Like I wouldn’t tell you if I was. :nea:

Tinks
              Participant

Aw I’m sorry to hear things didn’t work out. *Hug*

Duld
                Participant

well, as you describe it, he might either have been working up the guts to break you up and got his manhood hurt when you beat him to it, or…. he was just hoping you had alzheimers and forget all about him…

I am so sorry you had to go through this, it sucks, you’ll find a guy worthy of your affection, no worries

BDW
                  Participant

πŸ™ I’m sorry sunhawk that it didn’t work out but on the other hand a guy that says what he said to you is not worthy of you. He was just looking out to protect his ego…and turned everything around and made it look like you misunderstood the whole relationship…typical of them to do that from my experience after I would leave them. 😑 “it’s not me but you” bullshit.
                    Yay to staying single untill you find someone worthy. πŸ™‚

I’m sorry it didn’t work out, but that can be for the better πŸ™‚ Anyone whos that much of a wuss doesn’t deserve you anyway.

*passes on the virtual cookies and chocolate*

Jasmine
                    Participant

That sucks. But I do know a great single guy if you want to meet him. πŸ˜€ He lives in Whitby though.

pegasi1978 wrote:

Aw I’m sorry to hear things didn’t work out.

Thanks πŸ™‚

siberakh1 wrote:

Sorry to hear things didn’t work out. *hugs* *offers chocolate*

Cheers! *hugs back*

Stephanie wrote:

*hugs*

Thank you πŸ™‚ *hugs*

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 24 total)
                    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.