fbpx

Books You Read Repeatedly, Etc.!

Home Forums Miscellany Community Books You Read Repeatedly, Etc.!

Viewing 8 posts - 46 through 53 (of 53 total)
  • Author
    Heather
    Participant

azurielle wrote:

Fortress in the Eye of Time by Cj Cherryh. I love, love this book! It’s so rich and in depth, and different. But beware, it can be a difficult read, but well worth it!

I love that series! Have you read her Foreigner series? It’s a little tricky at times, but it’s an easier read than some of her earlier stuff, and it’s one of my absolute favorites. One of the few times when a nine-book series just wasn’t enough. πŸ˜›

Grayfire_artz
      Participant

the crystal singer trilogy by Ann McCaffrey i’ve read that 3 times

the old kingdom series by Garth nix i’ve read 4 times ooooh i love that series waiting for more books

Adaneth
        Participant

grayfire artz wrote:

the old kingdom series by Garth nix i’ve read 4 times ooooh i love that series waiting for more books

I didn’t read the Old Kingdom series until this year, but now I’m dying for more too! πŸ˜€

Grayfire_artz
          Participant

Adaneth wrote:

grayfire artz wrote:

I didn’t read the Old Kingdom series until this year, but now I’m dying for more too! πŸ˜€

oooh my goodness tell me about it!! hes an amzing writer. i got the book across the wall and was expecting a full novel dealing with the old kingdom i was unpleasantly surprised. have you read shades children?

Jasmine
            Participant

Love Neil Gaiman. Have a number of books signed by him. Neverwhere and Coraline are my favourite and I re-read the Sandman series all the time.

Also love Simon R. Green. Haven’t read the Deathstalker series yet but I love his stories of the Nightside and the new Secret Histories series. Also a huge fan of Spider Robinson’s Callahan’s Bar series.

Adaneth
              Participant

grayfire artz wrote:

Adaneth wrote:

grayfire artz wrote:

oooh my goodness tell me about it!! hes an amzing writer. i got the book across the wall and was expecting a full novel dealing with the old kingdom i was unpleasantly surprised. have you read shades children?

I knew ‘Across the Wall’ was mostly short stories, though I was hoping more than one would be in the Old Kingdom. πŸ™ Haven’t read Shade’s Children. What’s it about?

kitsunelady
                Participant

I was just looking at a new pic I took of my Windstone collection and realized I forgot someone!

I love Anne Perry’s Charlotte & Thomas Pitt mysteries. My favorites are the first one (The Cater Street Hangman) and one quite a bit farther along in their time, Half Moon Street. I’m not sure why I liked that one so much. I thought it was a very moving topic. My grandmother got me interested in them. =) In fact, she started me on a lot of my most favored series…

Grayfire_artz
                  Participant

Adaneth wrote:

grayfire artz wrote:

Adaneth wrote:

grayfire artz wrote:

I knew ‘Across the Wall’ was mostly short stories, though I was hoping more than one would be in the Old Kingdom. πŸ™ Haven’t read Shade’s Children. What’s it about?

shades children is about being from another dimension harvesting human children to make chess pieces/ soldiers to play a vast game that is similar to chess

Viewing 8 posts - 46 through 53 (of 53 total)
                  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.