fbpx

Blue-less Peacocks?

Home Forums Windstone Editions General Windstone Blue-less Peacocks?

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Zelda
    Participant

Forever seeking: Blackwatch the raffle Old Warrior, Jennifer Miller's pieces, and GB Baby unis!

Zelda
      Participant

Hello all! I was recently unpacking a few dragons I had in storage, including a pair of Peacock young dragons. While trying to decide which one to sell and which to keep, I found in comparing the two that one had a complete lack of lighter blue paint on him! Here’s a picture to compare them (sorry about the quality, taken on a cloudy day)

The one on the right, the brighter one, is an older less glossy dragon. The darker one on the left does have very dark midnight blue paint on his ventral side, but none of the lighter blue paint.

So have I found the ‘jade’ of the Peacock color? ๐Ÿ˜† or have the colors of the blue paints changed that much over time? I was surprised I hadn’t noticed the difference before, but that’s what I get for keeping them across the room from one another.

Forever seeking: Blackwatch the raffle Old Warrior, Jennifer Miller's pieces, and GB Baby unis!

dragonmedley
        Participant

My young peacock is more like the one on the left, I think, but with less champagne.

Read my books! Volume 1 and 2 of A Dragon Medley are available now.
          http://www.sarahjestin.com/mybooks.htm
          I host the feedback lists, which are maintained by drag0nfeathers.
          http://www.sarahjestin.com/feedbacklists.htm

My young peacock looks like the one on the right… I think. The green under the wings is brighter on the one on the right, yes?

Kujacker
          Participant

Mine looks like the one on the left.

Zelda
            Participant

Dragon87, yup there’s more green under the wings on the right dragon, more green overall in fact.

Then mine is probably like the one on the right. He’s got a decent amount of green, buy definitely not enough for the em pea.

Maria
              Participant

The young dragons in almost any color can end up darker than the other sculpts, I’ve found. I can’t remember how mine looks, but I know I’ve seen a couple peacock young that looked like they had no blue on them.

Nightcrow
                Participant

I’m not sure that it’s really the “jade” of peacock — that seems to be the “Dark Peacock”/”Light Peacock” of the Orientals. ๐Ÿ™‚

Honestly, though, peacock has a LOT of variations, I guess because it ran so long. I have seen “heavy grape” peacocks, “heavy champagne” peacocks, “blue chest” peaocoks, and really really old peacocks that are much darker all over (more antiquing? different paint?), and, honestly, if you compare the “peacock” color of the original family (like your Youngs, there) with one of the newer sculpts in “peacock”, they don’t even look like the same color!

Actually, I think it would be really neat to start a “Peacock Photo Thread” asking members to post their Peacocks IF they look different than the ones already posted… I might just do that!

Zelda wrote:

The one on the right, the brighter one, is an older less glossy dragon. The darker one on the left does have very dark midnight blue paint on his ventral side, but none of the lighter blue paint.

So have I found the ‘jade’ of the Peacock color? ๐Ÿ˜† or have the colors of the blue paints changed that much over time? I was surprised I hadn’t noticed the difference before, but that’s what I get for keeping them across the room from one another.

Interested in buying or trading for: GB Pebble Sitting Red Fox in dark grey, Lap Dragon Test Paints (Water Sprite, Glacial Pearl, Opulence, Pastel Rainbow, and many others - see my Classifieds ad), Blue Morpho OW, GB Pebble Loaf dragons in blue/aqua/teal, and Griffin Test Paints (Black Rainbow or Frosted Jade).

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.