fbpx

Black Cats & Ouija Boards EDIT 8/23

Home Forums Miscellany Community Black Cats & Ouija Boards EDIT 8/23

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 43 total)
  • Author
    Skigod377
    Participant

I would not have a problem with you getting it because I dont believe in any of that stuff (ghosts, spirits, boards, bloody mary…I think its all fake). Its an original necklace… I bought a candle holder from that very same company and it was pretty nice quality. I still have it.

Lokie
      Participant

I believe in some supernatural things, and I still knock on wood. I have two Ouija boards in my home but I use them for entertainment purposes. I do believe in “ghosts”, but I associate them with residual hauntings. So I have no worry that I’ll “call” them, or interact with them through the ouija. I’ve gotten some pretty interesting answers from the board, but I have my doubts it’s a ghost, but instead my subconscious directing my hands where to move. But, who knows? Now I’ll have to knock on would that some evil spirit doesn’t visit me tonight.

Amanda
        Participant

I wouldn’t be comfortable with that at all. I believe in God and angels, so also the devil and demons…so newp. If I was at someones house and one of those boards came out, I’d leave.

Kujacker
          Participant

It’s interesting to see everyone’s POV’s on something like this…

Rusti
            Participant

Eleu wrote:

I wouldn’t be comfortable with that at all. I believe in God and angels, so also the devil and demons…so newp. If I was at someones house and one of those boards came out, I’d leave.

I’m with you in belief and opinion. I certainly don’t think those things are anything to mess around with, period. I have heard plenty of terrible stories and while some folks may get away unscathed, in some instances, people are messing with doors they cannot close.

I’m also of the mind that you are in your mother’s house, and regardless of how silly you think she’s being, her house, her rules.

kitsunelady
              Participant

Rusti wrote:

Eleu wrote:

I’m with you in belief and opinion. I certainly don’t think those things are anything to mess around with, period. I have heard plenty of terrible stories and while some folks may get away unscathed, in some instances, people are messing with doors they cannot close.

I’m also of the mind that you are in your mother’s house, and regardless of how silly you think she’s being, her house, her rules.

I want to hear some of these stories. >.> I’ve never met anyone who’s claimed to have been haunted or had any sort of supernatural experience at all. You see it on the internet and in magazines a lot, but there’s no way I believe it, given the sources…I’m a Doubting Thomas, and agree with Dr. House – people lie. A lot. I have to see it myself to believe it (Show-Me State, you know!), so I’ve always viewed Ouija boards as nothing but a game for teenagers to try and scare each other with. I had one when I was a teenager, and I can tell you right now, nothing happened. We tried pretty hard, too. πŸ˜€ I’m definitely of the opinion that the only power that sort of stuff has over you is the power you give it with your own wild imagination.

Anyhow, I think that necklace is cute…but agree with Rusti – your mom’s house (and her credit card), her rules. =

Amanda
                Participant

Oh I love my Dr. House, and agree with him. People do lie, alot. And while I refuse to go seeking out stories (even this thread gave me the creeps) I am positive a ton of them are flat out lies. But I also think there are a lot of things out there that we don’t/will never understand. I have faith when I talk to God that he can hear me, so it’s not too far off for me to think that someone trying to be heard by ‘something’ might end up getting their wish. Maybe only once out of 10 trillion times, but that’s enough for me.

Anonymous

kitsunelady wrote:

I want to hear some of these stories. >.> I’ve never met anyone who’s claimed to have been haunted or had any sort of supernatural experience at all. You see it on the internet and in magazines a lot, but there’s no way I believe it, given the sources…I’m a Doubting Thomas, and agree with Dr. House – people lie. A lot. I have to see it myself to believe it (Show-Me State, you know!), so I’ve always viewed Ouija boards as nothing but a game for teenagers to try and scare each other with. I had one when I was a teenager, and I can tell you right now, nothing happened. We tried pretty hard, too. πŸ˜€ I’m definitely of the opinion that the only power that sort of stuff has over you is the power you give it with your own wild imagination. Anyhow, I think that necklace is cute…but agree with Rusti – your mom’s house (and her credit card), her rules. =

I personally believe in spirits, and the energy of each soul, and reincarnation. I also believe that most “sightings” are random and unintentional without reason. When I become one with all that there is, even though my living person thinks I would like to come back and visit my loved ones (or haha, hated ones), I think where my soul ends up may be as intentional as it was, when I was being created in the first place: I had no choice or control (or did I?).

Most people experience deja vu – the feeling of having been in a place before, or seen/felt something before. There may very well be paralallel universes, living and dieing at exactly the same moments on different planes of existance – contributing to or taking away from, re-energizing oh but I got off the subject.

I HAVE seen a ‘ghost’, fleeting at best and simply a materializing image then gone as quick as it came, but I’ve seen one. I have also seen a UFO on more than one occasion – first time as a child, and my sisters all saw it – each has a different description but similar (oddly right). I watched it for guessing over a half hour, one sister remembered seeing it for only 5 minutes. And, I have experienced signs from the other side, reminders that there is something ‘more’ than what we can see – that we may not understand, and maybe we should be paying more attention to. ESP has been gifted to me, but unfortunately I don’t recognize it, when I need to.

What’s funny is even though I know I’ve seen a ghost, I am doubtful about other ‘sensational’ stories. I am very skeptical when people try to describe being abducted by aliens, and most supernatural events retold are hyped up. Like most people – I won’t believe it until I see it – even though I DO believe, and know! πŸ™‚

doDodoDoDoDodoDo

Rusti
                    Participant

kitsunelady wrote:

Rusti wrote:

Eleu wrote:

I want to hear some of these stories. >.> I’ve never met anyone who’s claimed to have been haunted or had any sort of supernatural experience at all. You see it on the internet and in magazines a lot, but there’s no way I believe it, given the sources…I’m a Doubting Thomas, and agree with Dr. House – people lie. A lot. I have to see it myself to believe it (Show-Me State, you know!), so I’ve always viewed Ouija boards as nothing but a game for teenagers to try and scare each other with. I had one when I was a teenager, and I can tell you right now, nothing happened. We tried pretty hard, too. πŸ˜€ I’m definitely of the opinion that the only power that sort of stuff has over you is the power you give it with your own wild imagination.

Anyhow, I think that necklace is cute…but agree with Rusti – your mom’s house (and her credit card), her rules. =

While it has nothing to do with Ouiji boards, I have seen kids, who were really Bad Kids, flinch, and cover their ears and squirm in pain during a singing from Teen Challenge (You might know them, they’re a group of young men who have gone through some terrible spots in their lives to come to Christ, and they used to sing hymns and some contemporary Christian at the elementary school I attended) so I am a firm believer in demons.

I was sharing stories with another Christian, who told me about a tarot reader who related to her that she could always tell when someone was Christian, they were surrounded by so much light and power that she was never able to read properly when they were nearby. Followed with a story from another Christian who was uncomfortably present while some of his friends were playing with a Ouiji board. His friends were instructed not to allow him to touch it, or it wouldn’t work.

twindragonsmum
                      Participant

I fall into the group that does not like them and will not have them in my home (boards not cats). I am a FIRM believer in “light” vs. “dark” and I also struggle with depression (mostly seasonal) and anxiety so our family tries to bring only what we consider to be positive influences into our home.

twindragonsmum πŸ™‚

tdm

Anonymous

Ack, one thing I learned long ago to not discuss on message boards (and frankly, any large group): Religion & Politics – not sure how the ouija board necklace got you there, but it did….. probably was the fault of the spirits πŸ˜‰

If you didn’t laugh, you don’t know my humor yet πŸ˜€

twindragonsmum
                          Participant

Actually, I’m really quite proud of us for keeping this discussion of ours/others beliefs respectful and friendly :yes: We have a GREAT family here!

twindragonsmum πŸ™‚

tdm

bayoudragon
                            Participant

twindragonsmum wrote:

Actually, I’m really quite proud of us for keeping this discussion of ours/others beliefs respectful and friendly :yes: We have a GREAT family here!

twindragonsmum πŸ™‚
                              Yes, much more understanding than a few of my relatives. 😈

And that’s my weird humor that never comes across right. πŸ˜†

LadyFirebird
                              Participant

Everyone has expressed his and her own feelings on this thread and they were all respected. We all have ourfeelings based on our own experiences with things. I’m willing to see what other people have to say even if it is contrary to what I feel. The bottom line–DragonCat wants a necklace that her mother doesn’t want in her house. She should respect her mother’s feelings. When she moves out she can buy whatever she wants but for now–her mom’s house–her rules! And yes, we’re a great family TDM! πŸ˜€

Anonymous

DragonCat wrote:

………(snips: the part about the little necklace and mom not allowing it)………………Does anyone here believe in superstitions or the supernatural? I believe in ghosts, guardians (angels or implied ones to help keep us on the-straight-and-narrow), chinese horoscope philosophy (fits me to a T!), old-school-bewitched-antique-style Ouija Boards (not the board game) and curse, luck, or voodoo magic (to a certain point). I also love black cats, and the number 13.

So DragonCat, you can’t get the necklace because your mom is maybe more superstitious than yourself — she should be thankful you aren’t a vampire or devil-worshiper (I hope!!) LOL I’ll assume you can wear a cross or a fish emblem, but not a pentacle or peace sign.

Have you ever used a pendulum? Those are such fun, and often accurate (50/50 chance eh, haha).

Beliefs can be so powerful, to the point of starting wars, whether over religion or simple every day habits, that they cannot be ignored. Psychics and Witches have been crucified for believing in things not seen and unknown while religious cults follow blindly in things not seen and unknown. They all have the belief in a greater power than themselves. Seems everyone is really seeking the same thing.

If only everyone could live Righteously!

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 43 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.