fbpx

Black Cats & Ouija Boards EDIT 8/23

Home Forums Miscellany Community Black Cats & Ouija Boards EDIT 8/23

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 43 total)
  • Author

I just got one of my favorite catalogs and I saw an awesome looking (and cheaper) pendant that I LOVED, so I had asked my mom to order it for me (she’s the only one with a credit card :oops:) but when she actually saw it, she basically said,”THERE IS NO WAY I’M LETTING THAT IN MY HOUSE”. Even if I pay for it and even if I’m sure it doesn’t have the same power or effect, she won’t budge. The necklace in question:
    http://www.victoriantradingco.com/store/catalogimages/1a/i17342.html

Does anyone here believe in superstitions or the supernatural? I believe in ghosts, guardians (angels or implied ones to help keep us on the-straight-and-narrow), chinese horoscope philosophy (fits me to a T!), old-school-bewitched-antique-style Ouija Boards (not the board game) and curse, luck, or voodoo magic (to a certain point). I also love black cats, and the number 13.

and curse, luck, or voodoo magic (to a certain point). I also love black cats, and the number 13.

EEDIT: I didn’t get it. Really wanted to, but the opinions here made me think otherwise. πŸ™‚ And the comments here and everyone’s ideas are put in a good light and everyone is so “you can believe whatever” in attitude, I really appreciate it. πŸ˜€ Although now I notice that I unintentionally cause debate sometimes… 😳

I agree that this is another good opinion topic. It’s great to see understanding and varied opinions.
    LOL on my mom being here, she thinks windstones are pretty but she’s not one of our addicts. 😈
    And the Salem witch trials thing is REALLY COOL twindragonsmum!! It’s another one of my favorite history topics.

Plus, I belive they might have some power. Maybe not, as I said above, in a necklace or one you can buy at ‘Toys R Us’, but like the real-deal, antique, done-by-candlelight version. Like the one on “Paranormal Activity”, although that one looked satanic… 0_0 and the movie scared me to the point I was waking up at 3:30 for no reason and jumping at the sound of my neighbors’ electric garage door as the sound of “the demon”.

Kujacker
    Participant

I believe is supernatural stuff and the like. And my black persian is sitting right next to me. I use to consider 13 to be my number, but I don’t have opinions on any numbers any more.
      I don’t see why the necklace would be such a big issue. But that’s just me!

Anonymous

Oh that little Ouija board is adorable – I have seen the same on eBay, with a little planchette to go with it (for about the same price!) so you might want to look there πŸ™‚

Superstitions are part of almost all Faiths and are time-honored/memorable! Your mom probably has a few so I would question why she is bothered by yours πŸ˜‰ If she can rule out the possibility of the existance of Spirits, then I would understand but I am betting she may believe that her soul is going somewhere at the end of her physical body, just tell her you plan on finding it and need to have all the available man-made mechanical assistance!

It’s all good as long as it ‘harms none’!

πŸ˜€

bayoudragon
        Participant

Yep, I definitely believe in the supernatural. I’m not really that “superstitious”, but as far as ghosts, guides, and the rest… yep.

As for the Ouija Board… oh HELLLLL no! πŸ˜†

Anonymous

bayoudragon wrote:

Yep, I definitely believe in the supernatural. I’m not really that “superstitious”, but as far as ghosts, guides, and the rest… yep.

As for the Ouija Board… oh HELLLLL no! πŸ˜†

LOL!!! Hmmm, now I am wondering if bayoudragon is dragoncats mom lol!!!!
            Ouija boards are only tools – the power is within πŸ˜€ You don’t need the tool once you are good at your craft whether scrying, runes, tarot, meditation, yaddayaddayadda………. I’ve sold some antique Ouija boards, one I had for 40 years I think – it never helped me talk to spirits :/ but you never know :O

Kujacker
            Participant

Yeah, I used a Ouija board once. Nothing happened. They don’t bother me though, like seeing them or being around them (like if I’m in someone else’s house with one. Doesn’t bother me).

WolfenMachine
              Participant

My mom is super “old fashioned” and, dont get me wrong, I love her-she is my best female friend…but we clash on beliefs and ideas. She got me spooked early on in life about ouija boards-I dont mess with those! But the pendant? Come on. No harm there! I believe in ghosts/spirits/angels/demons, a lot of the same things you do-black cats arent bad luck! They’re just black. If I was super smooth I could tell you where that originated. I dont know for a fact, but I’ll bet it has something to do with old world europe, the plague, disease, something like that. I’ll order the pendant for you and ship it to you πŸ˜‰ lol THIS NEVER HAPPENED ssshhhhhhhhhhh…..

Nina
                Participant

Yeah on something that’s massed produced like this I think holds no “power” I have a little key chain like that lol and no bad voodoo has happened πŸ™‚ and I’ve broken mirrors and walked under ladders and so on πŸ˜†

enchantments wrote:

Yeah on something that’s massed produced like this I think holds no “power”

agree with that. i do believe in SOME objects holding certain “powers” or energies, as i prefer it. but not something mass produced. i’m not generally superstitious but i do believe in “ghosts” or spirits of people who have passed on. that creeeeeps me out big time.

Jerusha
                  Participant

I think that in the truest, most sincerest sense, everyone really does create their own reality. So for people who really don’t believe in ghosts, they will not see or experience ghosts. For people who *do* believe in them, they are open to experiencing that. And for people who die and just can’t let go of their life, their shape, this physical plane – yeah, they become ghosts, why not. If we really are the masters and creators of our experiences, then we are able to manifest anything, including self-enforced blind spots, self-fulfilling prophecies, and any kind of afterlife we can imagine.
                    So if your mom believes in bad luck around ouija boards, she will probably find a way to blame your pendant if you get it! Even though you probably won’t see it as anything other than an ordinary necklace. For what it’s worth, and at the risk of being unpopular, if you’re living under your mom’s roof and she’s kind enough to keep you there, might be better to follow her rules ’til you have your own place. (If you do get the pendant, maybe keep it in the box until you move?)

machineguts
                    Participant

Without a doubt, I believe in the supernatural. I’ve personally experienced it since childhood, time and time again. Try not to feel oppressed by your mom, it’s natural for her to feel apprehensive about the pendant, especially if she never explored any interest in the subject. Do you still live at home? If so, be careful not to overstep any boundaries. I’m not trying to be a prude, I’m just saying she is probably genuinely concerned about having it in her house and doesn’t want that kind of item around. Even mass produced items can become empowered by your own will, in the same way as organic plants, crystals and animal claws, feathers, etc. It all depends on the intent. Yes this is just a harmless pendant, but your mom knows what Ouija Boards represent and she is worried that it could become more. Just respect her home if/while you’re still there, and remember that if you did get it and she found out, things would probably be tense or uncomfortable for a while.

bayoudragon
                      Participant

machineguts wrote:

Even mass produced items can become empowered by your own will…

Yep, I had a negative experience with a board once, and since the pendant reminds me of it, I would project that onto the necklace. That’s why I have a dragon pendant instead. πŸ˜› πŸ˜†

LOL at the mom comment. No kids for me! 😈

LadyFirebird
                        Participant

Personally, I probably wouldn’t want a ouijo board in my house. I don’t like dealing with the unknown because I don’t know where the energy is coming from and whether it is positive or negative. I’ve known one woman whose brother had a ouija table in their shed. They went to clean out the shed and decided to get rid of this item. She told me that when her husband picked it up to throw out–it stuck to his hands! It freaked them both out.

Being in your mother’s house you should respect her wishes. I would not like for someone to bring something I did not want in my house without my knowledge. If she were to find out, and parents usually do find things out eventually, it could cause hurt feelings down the line. Sounds like your mom agrees to you getting certain things and it would be awful to put a damper on the realationship you currently have with her. Even if you moved out and she found out that you had this pendant in her house, it would hurt her feelings and she may have a hard time trusting you again.

If you really wanted the pendant and could get it on your own, maybe have someone else, like a trusted friend, hold it for you until you move out. Otherwise, respect her wishes–you’ll be glad down the line that you did.

Skeeterdeee
                          Participant

I agree with the majority, respect your mom while you are in her house. If you still want it later on, by all means go for it. My hubby and I have had VERY negative experiences with “the other side” and WILL NOT have a board in our house- let alone around our necks **SHIVER SHIVER** :shout:

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 43 total)
                          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.