Better-than-expected Stroganoff

Home Forums Miscellany Food Better-than-expected Stroganoff

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Angelika_Zen
    Participant

I made Stroganoff last night and it turned out surprisingly good. I say “surprisingly” because if I’m the one in the kitchen, eatability is anyone’s guess!!

Fry onion and mushrooms in olive oil, set aside. I used yellow onion and cremini mushrooms

Brown 1/2 ground beef, 1/2 ground pork – drain fat. Add black pepper and garlic powder (paprika is optional)

Add 3 cups beef broth, 1 can mushroom soup, and a packet of dry french onion soup mix to the meat, then add fried mushrooms and onion as well.

Add 1 Tablespoon dijon mustard and 2 teaspoons Worcestershire, and mix really well, bringing it to a boil.

Add egg noodles to the mix, simmer, and cover. I checked the noodles every 2 minutes, and think i only needed to cook them for 4 minutes (Maybe it was 6) Add corn starch or flour if you’re not happy with the thickness.

Remove from heat and add 1 cup of sour cream (or 3/4 cup sour cream + 1/4 cup heavy cream)

You can use reduced fat and reduced sodium ingredients as well.

Enjoy the leftovers!

IMG_0742

IMG_0742

Wanted: "Dragon Fruit" Male Dragon ~ "Fire Berry", "Paradise", "Dragon Fruit", "Tie Dye" ~ The brighter, the better!

sherry10151982
      Participant

WOW!!! That looks really yummy!!! I’ll have to try that Tara! Thanks for your experiment!! I’m the same way in the kitchen🤣!

Suzanne-Marie
        Participant

Looks really really good Angelica_Zen!!
          That’s a good recipe to try especially is supposed to rain every day for the next week!!
          Thank you for posting it.

Kim
          Blocked

I love stroganoff! Thanks for sharing your recipe. I don’t eat pork but I’ve made it with beef pieces before, ground beef or just mushrooms and all versions are really good. I will have to make it again with my new instant pot I got recently. Anyone else use those too? I have mostly made soup in it so far but I need to try more recipes in it.

Looking for rainbow or pink & teal grab bags!

Angelika_Zen
            Participant

I often use a crockpot, unless the recipe calls for noodle or rice…I tend to overcook those things in the slow cooker. We have an instant pot cooker, but its still in the box. Of all the kitchen gadgets, I like the Sous Vide best! The best creme brûlée I’ve ever had was cooked sous vide.

Wanted: "Dragon Fruit" Male Dragon ~ "Fire Berry", "Paradise", "Dragon Fruit", "Tie Dye" ~ The brighter, the better!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.