fbpx

Bent Oriental Dragon Horn

Home Forums Windstone Editions Repairs Bent Oriental Dragon Horn

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    rachelled
    Participant

I received my adult oriental used, he’s pretty good but they somehow bent one of his horns down.

I don’t have a good photo but I think the basic question is – How does one go about fixing a bent horn? Can it even be done safely?

Thanks 🙂

Kim
      Blocked

I know there is somewhere on here people talked about fixing bent unicorn horns. Do you have pictures of it to post or a link with pics?

Looking for rainbow or pink & teal grab bags!

Ela_Hara
        Participant

I know there is somewhere on here people talked about fixing bent unicorn horns.

Hey! Here’s the Forum Thread regarding the broken/bent Unicorn horn…. http://windstoneeditions.com/forum/so-disappointed

Basically, the best advise I took away from this thread was that if you want to try and do a repair, you might not want to try and un-bend the horn, but perhaps just lightly sand or file around the damaged area to reduce the potential of more flaking of the horn – since the gold plating can flake off the pewter horn base more. Then it was suggested to paint over the flaked area with gold paint or use a gold Decocolor pen. The color may not be an exact match, but hopefully close enough.

I have an Emerald Oriental dragon with the same problem – a slightly bent horn – and I was going to try this when I get some time to do some other repairs on pieces. Even got some jewelry files to use since it’s a small area right at the forked bend of one of its horns.

Good Luck with yours too! 🙂

IN SEARCH OF MY NEXT GRAILS:
          Black Peacock & Butternut Adult Poads
          Kickstarter 'Rainbow Tiger' Bantam Dragon

*~*~*~* Ela_Hara: The DragonKeeper *~*~*~*
          *** Come visit me on deviantArt at http://ela-hara.deviantart.com

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.