fbpx

Bear With Me–BABBLE WINE

Home Forums Miscellany Community Bear With Me–BABBLE WINE

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    LadyFirebird
    Participant

I’m trying to post pictures–for some reason my host site isn’t doing what it used to do. I used to be able to get the images to show–now it’s just the links. I have no idea what I need to do to get the images to show like they used to. So frustrating!!! :~

EDIT

Okay, I guess my host site isn’t just going to post pictures like it once did, but at least when you click on the link you see them.

The wine is called Babble and it’s from Mendocino County in California. I found it at my local Trader Joe’s and it goes for $6.99. What caught my eye was the label–love the label! It immediately reminded me of something Melody or even our own Jennifer would sketch.

Just wanted to share–and it is also some decent wine for the price!

Linda
      Participant

Cute I like it.

Rachel
        Participant

It’s actually a very good wine. I absolutely love the label, though!

Kelsey
          Participant

What is the name of the wine?

phantomess
            Participant

I’m really not a wine drinker but that is pretty cool. The label is unique indeed. I also know that some good wine comes out of CA, despite not drinking it myself- I used to live there. :p

Formerly had the Batman & Joker avatar!

twindragonsmum
              Participant

I used to live there. :p

Which part of Cali phantomess? I’m a native my ownself – just got “transplanted” a few times 😀

tdm

siberakh1
                Participant

The drawings look to be from Lewis Carroll’s ‘Alice’s Adventures in Wonderland’ and ‘Through the Looking-Glass’. Neat!

phantomess
                  Participant

Which part of Cali phantomess?

Carmichael, which is Sacramento area but not Sacramento city.

Everyone I’ve spoken to who’s not from California assumes I lived on a sunny beach or in LA. Or that I lived through earthquakes. Nope, there’s a lot more to CA than that!

Formerly had the Batman & Joker avatar!

twindragonsmum
                    Participant

Which part of Cali phantomess?

Carmichael, which is Sacramento area but not Sacramento city.

Everyone I’ve spoken to who’s not from California assumes I lived on a sunny beach or in LA. Or that I lived through earthquakes. Nope, there’s a lot more to CA than that!

Oh, out along the American River. My sister and her family are in Rosemont. Close enough to hit gold country for a few days if you wanted… I was born in Fresno and grew up in San Jose 🙂

tdm

tdm

Jennifer
                      Keymaster

The drawings look to be from Lewis Carroll’s ‘Alice’s Adventures in Wonderland’ and ‘Through the Looking-Glass’. Neat!

Yes, I agree! I think that is where they are from.

Volunteer mod- I'm here to help! Email me for the best response: nambroth at gmail.com
                        My art: featherdust.com

etruscan
                        Participant

I’m trying to post pictures–for some reason my host site isn’t doing what it used to do. I used to be able to get the images to show–now it’s just the links. I have no idea what I need to do to get the images to show like they used to. So frustrating!!! :~

EDIT

Okay, I guess my host site isn’t just going to post pictures like it once did, but at least when you click on the link you see them.

The wine is called Babble and it’s from Mendocino County in California. I found it at my local Trader Joe’s and it goes for $6.99. What caught my eye was the label–love the label! It immediately reminded me of something Melody or even our own Jennifer would sketch.

Just wanted to share–and it is also some decent wine for the price!

I thought maybe the text was the “Mouse’s Tale” but it seems to be describing the wine, as best I can tell.

Melody
                          Keymaster

Love It! We’ve had this wine too. Art by Sir John Tenniel http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Tenniel

LadyFirebird
                            Participant

Okay–think I figured something out. Image Shack’s site changed and before I would copy the link and paste it here and the picture would show–not just a link. Well I looked at the topic for posting pictures and all I did was put the at the end and there we have it! Takes me a while, but I do eventually figure things out.

And…all those words that are swirled here and there–they are describing how the wine tastes and they challenge you to come up with your own–the longer the better!

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
                            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.