fbpx

Baby shampoo for a gentle cleaning?

Home Forums Windstone Editions Repairs Baby shampoo for a gentle cleaning?

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    MentalElemental
    Participant

My dragons are in need of a light cleaning (more than a dusting, but they haven’t been terribly neglected). I’ve wiped them with a hardly damp white t-shirt, but I REALLY don’t want to submerge or rinse them if possible (heavy statues and wet hands and sink sounds like a recipe for disaster.) I’ve seen people have had success with mild dish soap, but I wondered if anyone has tried baby shampoo? It’s the most gentle cleaning product I can find in my house, so I thought I might try it. Does anyone know if it would have moisturizing agents or something which could damage the clear coat (it’s the traditional yellow no-tears formula)? I thought I would dilute it heavily, brush it on, then wipe with my damp t-shirt?

*I know that Windstone Editions doesn’t recommend cleaning this way, and I do so at my own risk*

Jennifer
      Keymaster

If you use any cleaning agent (not recommended), I’d suggest rinsing it off very thoroughly. In the end, just the water might be preferable. I personally use a wire cooling rack, placed in my sink, with the windstone firmly sitting atop that, then use the spray wand…
        Of course your mileage may vary, do so at your own risk!

Volunteer mod- I'm here to help! Email me for the best response: nambroth at gmail.com
        My art: featherdust.com

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.