Home Forums Miscellany Help & Feedback AVATAR Help please

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    PhoenixTears
    Participant

“Fate whispers to the wolf, you cannot withstand the storm; and the wolf whispers back, I AM the storm.”

PhoenixTears
      Participant

The current avatar I’m running right now (the only one I’ve ever run), is 100×100 in pixels which is what is allowed. But it’s also 84 KB. Meanwhile, when I try to upload another avatar in those specs, it says image is invalid and can only be between 1-9 KiB which is the size of a flea. I don’t see why my current avatar is running and I create another avatar in the same (if not a smidge smaller) specs, and now it won’t be accepted.

Ideas? This really shouldn’t be that hard!

“Fate whispers to the wolf, you cannot withstand the storm; and the wolf whispers back, I AM the storm.”

Pegasi1978
        Participant

Are you trying to upload your avatar to the forum itself or are you trying to direct link it like your current avatar is? If you Link off-site then you can get around the file size restriction.

PhoenixTears
          Participant

I tried both. When I try to upload to forum from this computer, thats when I get the size restriction. But when I try to upload a new one from our ImageShack account which is where my current avatar is from, it tells me it’s invalid. I’ve tried all possible tags that image shack offers too such as the one that says “Forum” or “ALT Forum”. One of those is where my avatar is from and I just tried both here for a different avatar and it’s saying invalid. I hate being confuuuuused!

PhoenixTears
            Participant

Well, the clarity suffered some but changing it to a gif and saving for web must be what I’d done previously. As long as it works, that’s fine with me!

etruscan
              Participant

It looks like now your new avatar appears on your old messages. Interesting. I had noticed that the number of posts changes to the current number. I hadn’t realized that avatars changed too. I wonder what great avatars I have missed? :scratch:

PhoenixTears
                Participant

Avatars and signatures are linked directly to the members names. So, whenever those change, they will change across the board for ALL the posts that member has ever made- ever (under that current name… doesn’t include old accounts someone had and forgot about and how to log in and had to create a new account, etc). Each time you post, your post count number will increase once. If you think about it too much, you can actually confuse yourself. I know sometimes Ive looked at the count and been like, “why is this number changing… or not changing?!?!”, depending on where my head is at and how confused I am! 😈

Once a person changes their signature photo or their avatar, you won’t know what they had previously. I know several people that are here enough they recognize who someone is simply by their avatar without looking at the name. Then when that person changes their avatar, everyone gets confused because they’re so use to making that connection! I like to change things off a lot but I haven’t been on here enough to get bored that quickly. I’d like to change once a month but we’ll see.

twindragonsmum
                  Participant

How do you post an avatar? My banner is there but I don’t know how to do an avatar. Help please????

twindragonsmum (very blonde this morning…)

tdm

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
                  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.