fbpx

Authenticated Windstone Employee/Relative Gift, Test & Prototype Paints

Home Forums Windstone Editions General Windstone Authenticated Windstone Employee/Relative Gift, Test & Prototype Paints

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    tig3r06
    Participant

Hello!

Susie asked me to post after we authenticated this green mother dragon. So I decided to create a thread for authenticated pieces since sometimes it can be difficult to tell a repaint from an authentic Windstone Test Paint. And to note again, this is why Windstone discourages repaints and created Paint Your Owns for us 😊. If you do repaint, it is kindly asked to mark it “REPAINT” Thank you!

***Please post any authenticated pieces in this thread.***

Here is the facebook link to the green mother dragon we just authenticated.
      https://www.facebook.com/groups/2137058736412490/permalink/3445623895555961/
      And in case the link disappears, here’s a screenshot.

Screenshot_20201022-171234_Facebook

merrillannwhite
      Participant

I wondered about that one. It looked like a Windstone paint job in quality, and was similar to the dark jade, but the eyes and stones looked like a white dragon’s.

Nightcrow
        Participant

Wow, I love that odd green Mother! Melody, how about doing something similar for the next green LP/Production color???? Metallic gold or tan eyes, a different gem, and little gold dots along with the blue and green, should surely be enough to make it different enough from the ‘inspiration’ dragon…

Interested in buying or trading for: GB Pebble Sitting Red Fox in dark grey, Lap Dragon Test Paints (Water Sprite, Glacial Pearl, Opulence, Pastel Rainbow, and many others - see my Classifieds ad), Blue Morpho OW, GB Pebble Loaf dragons in blue/aqua/teal, and Griffin Test Paints (Black Rainbow or Frosted Jade).

tig3r06
          Participant

Wow, I love that odd green Mother! Melody, how about doing something similar for the next green LP/Production color???? Metallic gold or tan eyes, a different gem, and little gold dots along with the blue and green, should surely be enough to make it different enough from the ‘inspiration’ dragon…

I agree it’s very pretty! I had to slap my hand and tell myself “no you don’t need to buy it, you always sell most of the dragons you keep buying” 🤣

etruscan
            Participant

I just rediscovered this thread! These dragons were discussed several years ago. The conclusion was they were customized by a Windstone employee.

Windstone_dragons_custom_old-green

Windstone_dragons_custom_old-green_male_base

Windstone_dragons_custom_old-green_mother_base

Windstone_dragons_custom_old-green_hatcher_base

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.