fbpx

attention bank of america credit card holders!

Home Forums Miscellany Community attention bank of america credit card holders!

Viewing 4 posts - 16 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • Author
    Heather
    Participant

skigod377 wrote:

Thanks for that. I am gonna close that account. It used to be an MBNA account but I guess they were bought out… I have not gotten a letter… does anyone know if thats maybe because mine used to be MBNA?

I’m assuming BofA bought out MBNA, because the same thing happened to my MBNA credit card account: one day the billing statement arrived in a BofA envelope, and it’s been doing so ever since. I don’t remember getting any notification either, but I have been kind of quick to toss anything I think is junk mail. ๐Ÿ˜ณ We just get so much of it! grrr . . . .

I have doubts about BofA in general. I remember my parents absolutely ranting about some stunt BofA pulled on them in the ’80s: they were so mad they closed all of their accounts with BofA and went to the local credit union. I don’t know what the bank did, but let’s just say hearing this latest nonsense doesn’t surprise me much. I may be killing my BofA cards too, just to swat them back. ๐Ÿ˜ก I don’t use them that much anyway–I don’t trust them.

pipsxlch
      Participant

I just got that letter also. ๐Ÿ˜ฏ ๐Ÿ‘ฟ ๐Ÿ™
        27.99% for me too, when my current is 8.5%. I always pay on time, I always have at least a few dollars over the minimum, though it’s hard with the vacation I took last year, then my mom borrowing so much off it, and work screwing my hours so that I earned less this year than I ever have in 22 years in the workforce. It’s scary; with the lousy hours I’ve been getting, I sometimes last year had only the CC to survive on (and so now I owe as much as I earned last year, not much for many bit ouch for me). Until I can find another job (not so easy here), I’m stuck with this unreliable low pay stuff. I’m trying to decide what to do… if something happens where I or someone in my family has an emergency, the little on my CC is all we have. If the one Windstone I’m looking for (or if Ms. Melody makes one she’s hinted at) comes along, CC is the only way i can come up with it until some money my fiance and I have coming gets here- and that may be a year. (hey, they’re my one vice lol- no jewelry or whatever for me) As a lower wage earner, my tax return won’t set any records (it’s all going to the CC). I hate to deactivate the card, but if they raise the interest that much, I probably won’t be able to afford a minimum payment- and then the fees will push me over limit before long anyhow. What to do…
        So what good is the government lowering interest rates to the banks, except to ensure they continue to enjoy amazing profits?

Skigod377
        Participant

Barrdwing wrote:

skigod377 wrote:

Thanks for that. I am gonna close that account. It used to be an MBNA account but I guess they were bought out… I have not gotten a letter… does anyone know if thats maybe because mine used to be MBNA?

I’m assuming BofA bought out MBNA, because the same thing happened to my MBNA credit card account: one day the billing statement arrived in a BofA envelope, and it’s been doing so ever since. I don’t remember getting any notification either, but I have been kind of quick to toss anything I think is junk mail. ๐Ÿ˜ณ We just get so much of it! grrr . . . .

I am hoping that it doesnt apply to me. I would have opened the letter, so that makes me feel better that you didnt get one either.

WolfenMachine
          Participant

27.99%? I’d take that! I’m paying 32% on my Citibank card. (I did call to see if I could get a lower rate-they turned me down-lame :P) I’ll be sure to pass this along, I know at least one person who uses BOA ๐Ÿ˜ฏ

Viewing 4 posts - 16 through 19 (of 19 total)
          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.