fbpx

Attaching a picture to a post

Home Forums Miscellany Help & Feedback Attaching a picture to a post

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    LuvsDragons
    Participant

LuvsDragons
      Participant

How do you do it? I’ve tried copy and paste, drag and drop, and am not sure how to use the “Img” button. HELP!!! please! I’m trying to post pictures of the gold spectral I have for sale. Is there a “how to” button? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!!! πŸ˜€

kitsunelady
        Participant

swoltanski30 wrote:

How do you do it? I’ve tried copy and paste, drag and drop, and am not sure how to use the “Img” button. HELP!!! please! I’m trying to post pictures of the gold spectral I have for sale. Is there a “how to” button? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!!! πŸ˜€

You need a direct link (like this –> http://i95.photobucket.com/albums/l128/limerance/windstone/dragons/Dsc01539.jpg – in other words, not a link to a gallery, but directly to the picture) to your image to use the img button – it goes in between the [ img ] and [/img]. Photobucket provides a way to copy this with the [ img ] tags already attached, but I dunno where you have your pics uploaded, sooo…

LuvsDragons
          Participant

Thank you!! πŸ˜€ I didn’t realize I needed to go throught Photobucket. I will set up an account and give it a try. Wish me luck 😈

You don’t really “need” to go through Photobucket – any image hosting site should work. But if you do go with Photobucket I highly suggest getting some ad-blocking software. I’ve gotten several viruses from the ads on that site. If you have the Firefox browser, try the Adblock Plus add-on. It’s very helpful. You can find it by going into Tools -> Add-ons and in the search box just type Adblock Plus and it should be there. You don’t have to install it on your computer; it’s just an extension of Firefox.

Hope that helps! πŸ™‚

kitsunelady
            Participant

NoScript is good too. >.> *uses that* But then, I don’t think I’d see their ads anyways, since mine is a paid account? How do you get a virus from an ad? >__>

Skylover
              Participant

I’ll strongly second what Papercut said. While I’m not entirely sure how you catch a virus from an ad (though I can venture some guesses), I know it does happen. I got a few nasty viruses just from looking at pictures on Photobucket and from being on sites like LiveJournal and DeviantArt where these ads also exist. I used to do weekly battles with malware that my antivirus wouldn’t catch. This made me take a long, hard look at my computer’s security. I got alternate programs to fight malware, and I changed my browser and got an ad blocker. Now, I hardly have any problems at all.

Tara
                Participant

I use google’s photo site for my pictures and it works just fine.

For those of you with virus problems how are you connecting to the internet? From what I understand, if you connect directly to the internet(as in directly through the modem) you’re at higher risk of getting viruses than if you connect to a router(wireless or wired) and then the modem. My dad’s a computer tech and he recommends using a router even if you don’t need a router. I guess it acts like a “physical” wall against some threats to your computer.

etruscan
                  Participant

I just discovered that Jennifer has a whole description of how to add a photo in the “Welcome” area. Thanks! Maybe someday I will be brave enough to try it.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
                  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.