fbpx

At What Point Should You Give Up On a Package Arriving?

Home Forums Miscellany Community At What Point Should You Give Up On a Package Arriving?

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Falcolf
    Participant

Not a Windstone! I ordered a couple of comic books in January over Amazon and one is over a month overdue now but the other is also MIA. I’ve contacted the seller because it seems awfully NOT coincidental that both MIA comics were sold by the same place but they apparently have nothing to say on the matter. They did NOT give me tracking on them nor was the option offered to me when I bought them. The address I gave the seller was correct, so I have no idea what the problem is. At this point, I’m wondering if I should just stop waiting for my comics to ever arrive and give up. ๐Ÿ™ What would you guys do? I waited a long time to be able to get these two comics and I was overjoyed to finally be completing my collection (STAR WARS: KOTOR if you’re wondering. Gotta collect the Dark Horse SW comics before they become too rare.)

I’m tempted to ask the seller whether they shipped using a carrier pigeon at this point, but I know that that won’t help. They’re located in Oregon, so I have no idea what the hold up is. I’ve never had Windstones take so long to reach me! It’s always just a week or two. ๐Ÿ™

Should I just give up? ๐Ÿ™ Did someone at customs run off with my awesome nerdy purchases?

Check out my finished artwork at http://falcolf.deviantart.com/ and my sketch/studio blog at http://rosannapbrost.tumblr.com/

Excellent!

etruscan
      Participant

I don’t have any insight to offer except my experience that occasionally international packages take forever to arrive! Something that I ordered from the UK on December 13 didn’t get here until last week. I think that was held up in New York but don’t know for sure.

Does Amazon have some sort of resolution procedure for bad transactions?

Betrluk1
        Participant

amazon is normally very good at resolving issues. i would def call them about it. at the very least it could be the nail in the coffin for a bad seller, if you are not the only complaint.

pipsxlch
          Participant

I would contact Amazon just to be safe, but they may be held up in the mail. International packages do get held up what seems like FOREVER sometimes! When the MK grab bag came out, I traded mine to someone in Alberta (I’m in Florida)- the package had tracking, so we were able to see it took a month or more long vacation in Miami before finishing its trip. And I just helped someone in Denmark get a (non Windstone) item, and she told me she was waiting on a package from the UK for about a month at that point. That package arrived at about the same time as the one I sent- which took just over a week. So don’t lose hope yet!
            P.S. don’t know if you can ship media mail internationally, but it seems to run slower than other forms of mail here in the US.

Falcolf
            Participant

Thanks for the advice guys! I’ll try to sit and wait for a while longer, maybe by March one of the books will deign to show up.

Check out my finished artwork at http://falcolf.deviantart.com/ and my sketch/studio blog at http://rosannapbrost.tumblr.com/

Excellent!

Hannah
              Participant

Falcolf, don’t wait! Contact amazon if the seller is giving you no reply. You don’t want to wait too long and not be able to get refunded if something does indeed go awry or the seller is not being honest. Often a nudge from Amazon will get a response from a seller.

Commission spots are currently closed! Please message me for details.
                Please visit My Webpage to see my art and PYO's that I've done in the past!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.