ASIST Training

Home Forums Miscellany Community ASIST Training

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    tig3r06
    Participant

I just finished my 1st day of ASIST today and it was emotional and incredible. Can’t wait to complete this and be able to assist in suicide intervention if ever needed. If you ever get the chance to take this I highly recommend it!  Even if you’re not a caregiver it’s worth it, I’m just a sales rep.  It’s a 2 day course and my final day is tomorrow. Can’t wait!

StormDancer
      Participant

Thats great Tig3r06. It’s a great thing to have an awareness of and the knowledge to understand how to help if it’s needed.

Looking for:
        "COSMIC SHIFT DRAGONS and KI-RINS" and the "OCTOPUS TANUKI TEST PAINT #1"

Zexious
        Participant

That’s wonderful, Tig! Way to go! I wish there weren’t such a need for training like this (that is, I wish suicide rates would decrease dramatically), but knowing that you’ve taken the time to educate yourself and be there for people in need is really inspiring.

What was your training like?

tig3r06
          Participant

Thanks guys! They train you on a specific model and process along with interactive discussions and then role play practice on the last day. It was very empowering. I met some fantastic people too 😊

scenceable
            Participant

I’ve done it, it was very helpful and helpful for my job. Even just to avoid that panic and be able to bring up suicide with people without it being really awkward. Very highly recommended

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.