fbpx

artworks (heavy image spam)novel illustration

Home Forums Miscellany General Art Discussion artworks (heavy image spam)novel illustration

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 565 total)
  • Author
    Akeyla
    Participant

Akeyla
      Participant

decided to make a second thread because the old one is… tatzelwurm-long. And the artworks here are not ebay pieces but more artshow/show pieces. I will also plan to print these, either single or portfoliowise..
        Feedback is very appreciated as I have been sitting with my nose an inch away from the paper, I am as good as blind and commentless on these now. I am yet trying to find the right way to express myself in artwork. Furry, the main subject in some of them (due to artshows) is not what will be my forever focus, but aquarell … I start to like the stuff, its become obediant to me finally ๐Ÿ™‚
        these for today are done on A4-A3, watercolors.

I hope to have a wolf and a dragon done by tomorrow.
        They are all for an artshow this may, thanks to previous experience I started early (I know my snail butt), yet twice as many to come still :/

if you wonder why these look all to the right, I ws miffed at myself for drawing onesided, heads to the left, as it is easyer for a right-hander. Now I am onesided the other way round. cool, eh?

greets

Aky

๐Ÿ˜ฏ Wow! Those are great! I especially like the first two! I don’t suppose they would be for sale (I need that gryphon!)?

wolflodge100
        Participant

They are all nice but my favorite is the fox.

Maria
          Participant

Your style is unmistakable, Aky. Love them all, but I like the fox best too, I think.

Elena
            Participant

Gorgeous Akeyla!

The fox is my fave (go figure) ๐Ÿ˜› *Must have…..

lamortefille
              Participant

The fox is great, but I love the ibex/antelope(?) with the human eye – like it’s a shape shifter.

i love the gryphon too. but they are all delightful to look at. you are very talented with watercolors.

Akeyla
                Participant

first of all, thanks for the replies ๐Ÿ™‚ am a tad to busy these days, no real time for art even if its ticktock.

Before I go to replies, here the current WIP.
                  He is not in the right pose but I left him like that because it makes him look cute-naughty, or as said in German, schelmisch. Still more work to do on the scales. The yellow “frame” is tape bway

@Saydee: I need the gryphon for an artshow (MMC/Mephit Mini Con in early May), I will set him for 25 Euros (about 33$) starting bid, framed in glass. If you are interested please drop me a mail/PM, I can see what I can do, perhaps reserve it ๐Ÿ™‚
                  I plan to make prints of all, though I first have to find a good scanner and printer. WHat you see on screen isnt half IRL. Its a certain natural glow of Caran DAche that gives them their true beauty, and most of that is lost in the scan.

@lamortefille: thanks ๐Ÿ™‚ actually , its a furry creature for a furry artshow. It has no real animal its fully based on, its just a mixed love for equids and horns ๐Ÿ˜‰ Furry stands as for humanized animals, she would look similar full body view to this lady:
                  http://www.cathuman.com/2006/theladyfromtheforrests.jpg

greets

Aky

Skigod377
                  Participant

I love the 3rd pic!!! Fox is second, though. ๐Ÿ˜€

Maria
                    Participant

That dragon watercolor sure is nice, Aky. ๐Ÿ˜€

Those are gorgeous. ๐Ÿ˜€ Lovely work.

Akeyla
                      Participant

thanks all!
                        here’s how far I got this weekend(and last)

pictures of them framed. Since I did not scan them I will sell them at MMC with the rights (the new ones).
                        we’ve had minor problems this weekend because a canalisation pipe nuked and our holidayhouse was flooded in poop (4 inches high). For months, meaning the chairscarpetstableswalls were coated in mold.
                        And I was the one to discover it last friday 11pm with my honey. Overwhelming sight.

greets

Aky

Akeyla
                        Participant

edit:
                          Basilisk, didnt know it early enough but last tuesday we were in Sihlau, soundstudio across the bridge… I first thought it was Adliswil but then we stopped at Sihlau… GIRL YOU NEED A MOBILE! dang… could have brought you bugwing. But now we’re in Liestal again ๐Ÿ™

Maria
                          Participant

I have a mobile, now, under protest. But it wouldn’t had done either of us any good since I was bim Ballebรคrg on Tuesday. Pรคch ghaa… ๐Ÿ™ Any other dates available?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 565 total)
                          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.