fbpx

ARG!! eBay seller being cagey? RESOLVED

Home Forums Miscellany Community ARG!! eBay seller being cagey? RESOLVED

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 47 total)
  • Author
    machineguts
    Participant

Oh man. 🙁 I’m sorry to hear that, Dragons. Geez, this crud never ends on eBay.

Anonymous

Im soooo sorry to hear this is happeneing to you I get a little worried sometimes buying Winstones from e-bay too. I hope it all works out for you.

machineguts
        Participant

There are way too many greedy sellers on eBay.

Well according to Paypal I have until the 6th to file a claim (escalate the dispute). So if the idiot doesn’t respond or send my package by the end of next week, which is MORE then enough time…then I will escalate it and get my money back.
          It’s pretty stupid of the seller to do this anyway, cause the money’s on hold as it is until he gets the positive feedback.
          Well, he won’t be getting one now! 😡

PhoenixTears
          Participant

You go gettem D! I hope this works out painlessly for you in the end. Sorry you won’t get the piece you won but hopefully you will get fully reimbursed… there should be interest for your troubles!

“Fate whispers to the wolf, you cannot withstand the storm; and the wolf whispers back, I AM the storm.”

Anonymous

Indeed!

Thank you all for your sympathies! 🙂

I still have not heard anything from the seller, I plan on escalating this Friday if I don’t see a package by then.
              In the meantime, here is the auction…take note of the seller’s name and NEVER buy anything from him. 👿

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=170399410222&ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT

machineguts
              Participant

Thank you for the heads up, Dragons! I will definitely steer clear of this one. Keep us updated after you have escalated it!

Case has been escalated! I can’t believe this seller, he just stops communicating and doesn’t send anything. What does he think, that he’s really going to get away with it? If he’s dealing with the 21 day hold, he’s not even going to get the money anyway!

What really bugs me is if there was a problem, or he changed his mind and didn’t want to sell it, why couldn’t he communicate this to me?? I’m a reasonable person, or at least I try to be, and I could understand if something changed and perhaps he had to cancel the sale. I would then just ask for a refund and still leave a positive based on that good communication.
                But no…these jerk*** scammers get on there and think they are going to steal your money and get away with it! Well now this 21 day hold policy makes perfect sense to me! Paypal had no choice really! 😡

I’ve learned my lesson and won’t be buying from new sellers anymore, unless I know who they are personally or they are someone trusted from here. This is just ridiculous.

PhoenixTears
                Participant

I was just going to say, it seems like most of these idiot offenders are new ebay sellers; ones that have low numbers (not low feedback) over all. Just dealing with a few pieces on ebay, say, less than 10.

I don’t use ebay but I know those that do. I plan to pass along the knowledge that during the auction process, especially if dealing with new sellers, to ask the question during active auction, if they know and understand the PayPal and ebay policy about the 21 day hold. And ask if they understand that Paypal is going to hold all the auction money I pay, until I get the piece and leave feedback. Making sure they understand this.

Then if something occurs such as is happening to you, then I can rule out their not knowing about the hold. That it must be something else. What is happening to you is making my blood boil. It’s not even happening to me but based on various experiences through out life that I can sort of relate to with regard to your story, I am getting hives from annoyance for you!

“Fate whispers to the wolf, you cannot withstand the storm; and the wolf whispers back, I AM the storm.”

That’s a good idea, Sway, I suppose I had to learn the hard way. You try to see the good in all people and time and time again…you are proven wrong. There are numerous lousy individuals out there who think things like this are going to be something they can get away with. I think it’s pretty stupid considering Paypal offers protected payments. Of course, I may have to wait nearly 30 days or more for PayPal to determine the outcome. I’m pretty sure I’ll get refunded mainly because the seller isn’t responding to anything. 🙄

I truly appreciate your sympathy because it’s not just about the money, it’s also about the fact I was all excited about getting a big emperor dragon (I have wanted one for a LONG time), and even though this one had chips on him, I was willing to take him because the price was only $75! (Well I was the only one who bid…guess I know why now…) I then planned to send his handsome self to dragonfeathers for repairs because she does excellent work. All of that would have still cost me less than a new one and I also would have had a retired color, peacock!
                  But no, this jerk decides to sell this item and then I don’t know…guess he changed his mind.
                  Again, I can’t understand why he couldn’t communicate this to me. The last I heard from him he promised to send it right out and give me a tracking number, and no such thing ever occurred.

I think purchasing my male griffin today was my way of making up for the disappointment.

PhoenixTears
                  Participant

I just keep getting confused. I read an auction that says from ebay (the seller didn’t type it) that “estimated delivery time is X-X days after seller receives cleared payment.” So this befuddles my mind. If Paypal is holding for 21 days, then the seller isn’t receiving cleared payment until then. But yet buyers are supposed to receive their items and leave positive feedback before the seller can retrieve payment? I knew I couldn’t stand ebay. They run in circles.

An aside- we contacted a seller recently and asked if they understood the Paypal holding policy, etc. They are a single digit (but seem very legit) seller, and said they haven’t been to ebay in a while so this was news to them. That they understood but are hoping to communicate with ebay and get that holding time down some based on the fact they have perfect feedback. Dunno. But I doubt that will work but hey, who am I to stand in the way of their trying.

Keep us posted D4L… I’m still ubber annoyed for you and want to come out higher than you went into this auction. I love griffs and pleased you got one but based on this aggravation, I want more for you! So what, I’m greedy like that!

** I was just thinking further- does Windstone have to wait the 21 day hold when they ebay things? I’d think/hope such an established company with impeccable track record and mega seller, would be given a sanction for this rule. Am I wrong? Do they have to wait too? :poop:

Pegasi1978
                    Participant

Sway if you read one of my posts on page two you will find a link to an ebay page that answers your questions.

Quote:

18. What are the payment policy changes? Which sellers do they affect?
                      eBay will require some sellers to offer a safer payment option, either PayPal or a merchant credit card. These payment options offer additional protections to buyers. Sellers will be required to offer safer payment if they meet any of these conditions:

• have more than 5% dissatisfied buyers in the last 30 days (shows as “poor” or “unacceptable” on the Seller Dashboard) [/*:m]
                      • have a feedback score of less than 100 [/*:m]
                      • are listing items in the following higher risk categories (and sub categories): gift certificates, video games, cell phones, computers and consumer electronics [/*:m]

If you are required to offer a safer payment option, you might also be subject to holds on payment. PayPal may hold payments for the sale of an eBay item until the earliest of the following occurs:

• the buyer leaves positive feedback, [/*:m]
                      • 3 days after confirmed item delivery* [/*:m]
                      • 21 days without a dispute, claim, chargeback, or reversal filed on that transaction [/*:m]

*PayPal can confirm delivery. PayPal will confirm delivery if you use USPS, UPS, or FedEx to ship the item and (i) use PayPal shipping labels, or (ii) upload tracking information to PayPal via the transaction details page. This applies to US domestic transactions only.

eBay Motors vehicle categories (Cars & Trucks, Motorcycles, Powersports, Boats, and Other Vehicles categories and subcategories) will not be included in these payment policy changes.

[/][/]

PhoenixTears
                      Participant

Whoops! 😳 Thanks Pegasi 🙂

Just to provide an update for those curious:

I spoke with a Paypal agent today, the seller’s time is up. He did not make one iota of an attempt to resolve the dispute so my money is being returned to my credit card.

I’ll never understand it, why this happened at all. 😕 Did the seller think he’d just get away with stealing money and sending nothing? It’s rather retarded nowadays to try and pull that on eBay seeing as how all payments are SECURE. No wonder why they only use Paypal now!

I had a good experience with Paypal and their dispute center, so I hope that says something.

Be wary of that seller! He goes by ‘theginn8’ on eBay and his name is Cody Ginn.
                        DO NOT BUY OR SELL WITH THIS PERSON. 👿

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 47 total)
                      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.