fbpx

Are box loans feasable?

Home Forums Windstone Editions General Windstone Are box loans feasable?

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    DarkLadyPhoenix
    Participant

I saw someone looking to buy a spectral box in the classifieds.

Since I’m not moving soon in the foreseeable future, I have to wonder if paying the shipping for an empty box back and fourth would be worth it to some people 🙂

I have many many boxes hanging out in my garage that have made it through several moves. (Though sine they are now in a garage, I’m sure weather and humidity may have done some not so nice things to them.)

If I’m not using them, people that are moving and really want the boxes can use them. I’d have to wonder if someone would want to pay the shipping for box loans?

littleironhorse
      Participant

I know it’s been done. I guess it depends on the value of the piece and the price of shipping the empty box twice…

Aaron
        Participant

I would certainly pay for shipping for a box to make sure that an emperor, old warrior, lap, scratching, or rising spectral dragon that I order arrives safely. I’ve had too many of those dragons arrive broken, which is always so heartbreaking!

Chloe
          Participant

I would certainly pay for shipping for a box to make sure that an emperor, old warrior, lap, scratching, or rising spectral dragon that I order arrives safely. I’ve had too many of those dragons arrive broken, which is always so heartbreaking!

Ditto this!! I would pay shipping for a box, also!

phantomess
            Participant

Honestly, nowadays when I move, I don’t pack my dragons at all- I just carry them! The first time I ever moved, I only had two dragons and I (being pretty Windstone-ignorant) wrapped each one in a sweatshirt or something like that and packed them in boxes full of clothing. They each ended up with a couple/few very minor chips, which thankfully aren’t noticeable when on shelf display. Now I have more, and I prefer to just hold them during transport, which either takes several trips if I’m the only one holding or 1-2 trips with a van full of people each holding one or two dragons. 😀 lol!
              Not that I do this often.

But for people who want or have to pack ’em- or when ordering used- box loaning is a nice idea indeed! I’d think paying the shipping for an empty box is cheaper & easier than dealing with a broken Windstone.

Formerly had the Batman & Joker avatar!

DarkLadyPhoenix
              Participant

Honestly, nowadays when I move, I don’t pack my dragons at all- I just carry them!

Ahaha… Yeah, my first Windstone was a male Griffin. Not really understanding what he was made out of, (I was 11 at the time..) I packed him up in a suitcase when I went on a trip to my grandparent’s. He made it there fine, but he came back with a broken talon. XD

Now though, I can’t really carry the ones that I own. Wen I came back to the states from Japan, it took me forever to convince the movers to use the original packaging and to just sit there while I packed them. The last time I moved, my old Jade oriental broke his entire foot off, so he’s not easily replaceable.

When the apartment above us caught fire and all our stuff had to be moved out to be cleaned, I made sure I packed up all 47 of my windstones up, shoved them each in their original boxes. They barely fit all of them in one car but thank goodness my boyfriend loves them as much as I do and was willing to sacrifice a car trip up to his mother’s just for them.

Most of mine have chips or bangs as it is from all the moving they’ve done. But if you display them right, no one notices that my oriental has no orb or front foot. Or that most on the top shelf have head talons broken off or chipped. Those on the bottom have chips on their feet… Moving really is hazardous for these fragile guys. n.n

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.