fbpx

Anyone from IL?

Home Forums Miscellany Happy Thoughts Anyone from IL?

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Catriona
    Participant

I am and I’ve lived here all my life. Right now I live near the Mississippi river. I’m from closer to Chicago. So I was wondering if there are others from this state. I found my first windstone at the tinder shop. A store in the mall that sold tobacco. They sold fantasy stuff too . Maybe someone remembers these stores. I never smoked.

I love Halloween πŸŽƒ and other spooky things. Bats, cats, ghosts , and monsters. I love πŸ’• to write stories and draw.

etruscan
      Participant

I grew up in Southern Illinois but now I live in Maryland.

Catriona
        Participant

Well that’s great. Have a wonderful day

I love Halloween πŸŽƒ and other spooky things. Bats, cats, ghosts , and monsters. I love πŸ’• to write stories and draw.

Bodine
          Participant

There are a few members in Il..Ask on fb,probably get more of a response.It seems the majority of collectors are more in the northern areas of the country.
            I live in the deep south,just barely south of the delta.
            I don’t know another member living in this state though I know there are a couple,not including my family members I have gifted Windstones to.
            It would be nice to meet up with members from your own state😁

Every act matters.No matter how smallπŸ’ž
            (Wanted......Brimstone Lap)
            Male Hearth....one day🀞Dream on.

Embrie
            Participant

I grew up in St. Louis, MO, which is close to Illinois! My first Windstones came from a store they used to have at malls, too. Wicks n Sticks.

I live in Seattle, WA now, though.

Looking for GBs: loaf dragon; dark red-colored sitting grey wolf; baby ki-rins; sitting ori; fantasy qi-lin #154

Catriona
              Participant

Yeah for me and windstones. It was the 80’s. I saw the dragons and fell in love. Emerald green and peacock . Oh it was a great discovery. I don’t even know if the Tinderbox is still around . I found other stores that had them. But I haven’t seen them in stores in a long time . Walk down memory lane .

Catriona
                Participant

Looked up tinder box and they are still around. No windstones there any more.

Catriona
                  Participant

Going to be old here. Boy I want spring to come. Just tried of the cold.

The Animal Boy
                    Participant

I grew up in Texarkana TX and I used to love to go in to look at Wibdstones. I always wanted a Kirin, but was just a teen and had no job. Great store and great sculptures.

🌝🐺

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
                    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.