fbpx

Anyone ever get contacted like this?

Home Forums Miscellany Community Anyone ever get contacted like this?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
  • Author
    Skigod377
    Participant

Q: Hi, I’m a photographer and I wanted to offer you my services. I think I can make your products look better for selling on Ebay and I’m CHEAP! Other sellers have simply sent me their items, I photograph them, and send them back with a CD of photos that they can use as they wish to market their products. If you want more information, just let me know! You would not be expected to pay me if you weren’t happy with the photos. Thanks! Janet

I politely declined stating that I would have no guarantee of ever seeing my items again and I like when a buyer is pleasantly surprised because of my crappy pictures. Anyone ever do this or get contacted through Ebay like this?

Skigod377
      Participant

Not ever.

lamortefille
        Participant

Not in all my years….lol Sounds like a nice new scam. Did you report them to eBay?

Anonymous

Wow, I had to read that twice… send me their items … wow.

It’s too bad that eBay has bred an entire world of scams from itself, but that is just how it goes.

Patricia
            Participant

Huh, that is a new one to me.

While hiding somewhere in my head I'm on the lookout for white oriental dragons! Please let me know if you know of any available. Thank you!

Participant

Most likely a scam, but it would be interesting to send them some crap item and see if you ever get it back. It might be a good way to dispose of some very unwanted items…. 8)

HaH, Thats pretty funny!

Nah, just report them. It’s likely a scam and you don’t want to waste your money on shipping.

Skigod377
                Participant

She was ver nice when I refused, but geez…I cant imagine anyone actually trusting her like that. Hmmmm…If I still had the ugly ki rin, I would have tested her with that! I think I will go and report her to Ebay. She could very well be a fraud….Aaaaannnnddddd I just reported her. I will keep an eye on her profile to see if she gets deleted. *Snickers*

Jennifer
                  Keymaster

skigod377 wrote:

She was ver nice when I refused, but geez…I cant imagine anyone actually trusting her like that. Hmmmm…If I still had the ugly ki rin, I would have tested her with that! I think I will go and report her to Ebay. She could very well be a fraud….Aaaaannnnddddd I just reported her. I will keep an eye on her profile to see if she gets deleted. *Snickers*

You should have told her “well it’d be easier for you to just send me your camera and I can send it back when I’m done!”. See how she felt about sending valuables to a complete stranger! πŸ˜† How crazy!

Volunteer mod- I'm here to help! Email me for the best response: nambroth at gmail.com
                    My art: featherdust.com

Skigod377
                    Participant

Dang! πŸ˜† Well, you know how it is. You never think of anything clever to say till after the fact!

frozendragon
                      Participant

wow…that is weird…..I would question something like that also….

Akeyla
                        Participant

send them your item?
                          no really… cool. Two thumbs up for creative spam that is absolutely non obvious…
                          ask his prices? I wanna hear this πŸ™‚

I got something similar today, saddly I deleted it to early to quote it word by word here but it was something like:
                          random ebay member x writes:

HI!
                          I have received your note over ebay! I thought I’d give you an unique offer in my reply, I hope you do not mind me sending you this special offer!
                          I am selling special technical ware like cameras and yadda yadda and I have best offers in my store! please do contact me back if you do not mind me having sent you this! and please check out my store with even MORE Ipods and yadda yadda. goodbye and I hope I didnt bother you…
                          xy

I almost wrote back because I thought it was so cute how he appologized his spaming in every second sentence πŸ˜‰

Ha ha gotta admire the cheek, though πŸ˜‰

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
                        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.