fbpx

Anyone else play Dragon Age?

Home Forums Miscellany Community Anyone else play Dragon Age?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
  • Author
    raincry
    Participant

I was just curious if anyone other then I spends time collecting beautiful Windstone dragons and then an equal amount of time slaying them in Dragon age? Now admittedly I have never thought myself a gamer in anyway. I just roll my eyes at the boys…but this game I am one hundred percent addicted too. I have considering buying another gaming console just so I could play it all I want without hearing the boys complain about me hogging the PS3 in the living room. I have already gone through it once and stayed up till 5 am to complete one run through. My fiancee staggered out at 3 am and was like “Are you coming to bed?” and I was like “shhh not right now! I am fighting a dragon.” Usually he is the one up to the wee morning hours so it was kind of a humorous role reversal. And yes I had a long victory dance in the living room as the credits rolled all by myself…well and my cat Nikodemus staring at me with that look of silly silly human. I admit I am a little obsessed. So anyone? Yes? No? 😈

raincry
      Participant

twindragonsmum
        Participant

I haven’t even heard of it – sounds interesting!

twindragonsmum πŸ˜€

tdm

Jerusha
          Participant

I’m familiar. Not sure if it counts as obsessed, but I’ve played through the original game (Dragon Age: Origins) three different times as three different characters, and am on my fourth run currently; have also played through Dragon Age: Awakenings all the way through with one character and am almost done with my second run through; and have a few of the downloadable expansions, have played through them as well.
            Yeah, ok, I was obsessed. 😳 At least now I sprinkle my playing liberally with breaks, usually watching sci-fi/fantasy stuff off Netflix, hunting rare eggs on Dragon Cave, and seeing what’s in stock here 8)

ps- GREAT FREAKIN’ GAME!!! :yes:

Illith
            Participant

Grey Warden Champion Illith, reporting in. Alistair and I were just wrassling some Darkspawn in the Deep Roads.

This game is awesome. I’ve been a gamer all my life, and it’s so glad to finally see a decent RPG style again. I was getting really sick of those first-person shooters like Call of Duty, Halo, and Gears of War. Boys and their guns. Pwah. Give me a sword any day.

Did you know there’s going to be a Dragon Age 2? πŸ˜‰

Lokie
              Participant

Not yet, but it’s on my “to play” waiting list πŸ™‚ Still need to get through FFXIII and Borderlands first. But eventually. I’m gland to hear so many people like it so I know it’s not a waste of time.

Haven’t played it, but it looks interesting. I’ve just never been a console girl.

I’ve taken my fair share of dragon blood in WoW though. 😳

Kujacker
                Participant

Naw, I passed that one up. Just wasn’t interested in it… even if I had extra money to buy video games. Curse my money problems, the newest Professor Layton game is the first Layton game I didn’t get on day one!! Waaant!

I’ve played like 2 or 3 runthroughs on it but lol im still a noob to the whole rpg style games :lol:. Took a bit to get used to the combat system but i thought it was a good game.. and oh dear god lol the dialog between Zevran, Alistair and Morrigan is just hilarious XD… havent been able to play for the last few months cuz all the personal stuff including ma ps3 and games i had on deployment are still in iraq 😑 😑

LOVE that game. Been through it at least twice with two different types of characters…. have to admit I’m a sucker for Alistair (finally! Something for the ladies! LOL)…. 😳

Though right now I’m a little obsessed with that, Fallout3 and Oblivion…. and I can’t wait for Fallout New Vegas…. Bought it for Colin for his birthday (it comes out like 4 days before his b-day)… and one for me for my computer…. πŸ˜†

We’ve had many nights where I’m nerding out on my computer, and he’s nerding out on the PS3, and both look at the clock and go…. what? It’s 3am? Last I looked it was 7pm!!!!! πŸ˜†

Apari
                  Participant

Dragon87 wrote:

LOVE that game. Been through it at least twice with two different types of characters…. have to admit I’m a sucker for Alistair (finally! Something for the ladies! LOL)…. 😳

Though right now I’m a little obsessed with that, Fallout3 and Oblivion…. and I can’t wait for Fallout New Vegas…. Bought it for Colin for his birthday (it comes out like 4 days before his b-day)… and one for me for my computer…. πŸ˜†

We’ve had many nights where I’m nerding out on my computer, and he’s nerding out on the PS3, and both look at the clock and go…. what? It’s 3am? Last I looked it was 7pm!!!!! πŸ˜†
                    I too LOVE DA, I have awakening as well. I’ve been thru DA twice (Once as a rogue and once a mage… Mage > Rogue) but I haven’t beaten Awakening yet.You gotta beat it on Nightmare! The Arch demon is TOUGH!
                    P.S. – The dog is the best player in the game… Can you say TANK!

I have Oblivion too and have 100+ hours in it. 😳 I never intended on beating it because there’s 2 much to do on side quests!
                    I’ve never played Fallout, but a lot of people I know really like it.
                    I agree aharttsx, the diolog is hillarious! I sometimes stop just to hear people argue over something. πŸ˜†

Ahhh, feels good to let out my inner geek. :shout:

raincry
                    Participant

Yay! Nice to know there are so many others enjoying that game and I am totally counting down the months till Dragon Age 2 comes out in March! πŸ˜€ I finished Awakenings today. The only add-on I haven’t played is witch hunt. However, now that I know it is possible to become the Queen of Fereldon with Alistair I must play through as a human noble woman so that option is available. Alistair is my perfect game lover. Haha! And ironically as cold and calculating as Morrigan is, I like her too. She is such a sneaky witch thief. XD My first run through was as an city elf. I have yet to try being a dwarf. Admittedly, I have one of the collectors grey warden letter opener swords. It sits next to a young gold windstone dragon on my desk at work. Looks perfect together 😈 I am such a nerd. 8)

Kujacker
                      Participant

Dragon87 wrote:

Though right now I’m a little obsessed with that, Fallout3 and Oblivion…. and I can’t wait for Fallout New Vegas….

Man, I got Fallout 3 and I didn’t even get out of the vault before I got bored with it lol! I use to play so many games, what happened to me? XD This is coming from someone who spent over 200 hours on their first FF7 game.
                        I’ve actually only bought three ps3 games this year (I believe, I could be missing one). Red Dead Redemption (LOVE), Darksiders (also love) and Transformers WfC (finished Decepticons and the first two Autobots missions and just fell out of it πŸ˜• And I liked the game a lot too, so I dunno what happened). My grandma bought Fallout, so that doesn’t count lol.
                        And I bought the Pokemon Silver game for the ds. A whole four games this year? I use to buy about 10 a month a few years back. Sigh. Still need to buy Bioshock 2… but I’ll be fine with just my borrowed copy for now.
                        What have you done, economy!?

Kujacker wrote:

Man, I got Fallout 3 and I didn’t even get out of the vault before I got bored with it lol!
                        I found the vault boring too…… XD I just slammed my way through it once, made a savegame, then now I don’t have to ever do it again! LOL πŸ˜†

Jerusha
                        Participant

I tried Oblivion. Gave it a real chance, as it was a b-day gift from hubby. I’m just no good at aim-and-fire-in-real-time, couldn’t get a grip on it regardless of character POV. I much prefer the Dragon Age style, where time freezes long enough for you to aim your mage attack, or you can just mash buttons and know most of your hits will land!

Me 3 on eagerly awaiting the March release of Dragon Age 3!
                          I played through as an elvish mage, (let Alistair die killing the demon – and count me in, they did a great job making a male NPC the ladies can get in on!), then as a human rogue noble who lets Morrigan do her thing, marries Alistair, and becomes Queen, then again as an elvish mage but this time I killed the demon so Alistair could live. My fourth run through I am playing a male human mage, taking all the evil nasty dialogue, having a love affair with Morrigan, and doing all the “wrong” things (like having the werewolves kill the elves πŸ‘Ώ ). Just for fun! It’s interesting though – even when I know it’s just a game, I still feel guilty and kinda dirty for the things my 4th character says/does in the game!

I didn’t bother buying the expansions that have you play pranks and give gifts to your NPCs, or play as Leliana or the darkspawn, but I did do the Golem adventure, the Warden’s Keep, Return to Ostagar, and the Morrigan expansion. They’re fun πŸ˜€

Sooo glad somebody thought to bring this up. Go Wardens!!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
                        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.