fbpx

Anyone else here enjoy bluegrass music, play banjo, fiddle, and/or other bluegrass instruments?

Home Forums Miscellany Community Anyone else here enjoy bluegrass music, play banjo, fiddle, and/or other bluegrass instruments?

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    machineguts
    Participant

Banjo pickin’ is one of my favorite pastimes, and it got me wondering if anyone else here enjoys listening to and/or playing bluegrass music? We have several bluegrass associations that meet here in the KC area. Everyone gets together and has jam sessions/several bands play on stage where the meetings are held. It’s an awesome experience!

twindragonsmum
      Participant

Photobucket

(Not to hi-jack your thread or anything :bigsmile: )

twindragonsmum :bigsmile:

tdm

Carolyn
        Participant

I like all sorts of music . The old stuff is one of my faverites .
          Blue grass , jazz , swing , big band . I love folk music . Just fun music . Banjo music is fun to listen to . The blues and New Orleans music , sorry can’t spell it . Starts with a Z.
          I usually have a bad time spelling some things .
          I love hearing the fiddle ! Especially in Irish folk music .

Bodine
          Participant

New Orleans has a Jazz Fest. every year you might enjoy.Nice weather,great music,blues and jazz and terrific food! Try some time if you get to chasing them stormclouds in that direction.

Every act matters.No matter how small💞
            (Wanted......Brimstone Lap)
            Male Hearth....one day🤞Dream on.

LadyFirebird
            Participant

I enjoy listening to bluegrass music as well. I like the old stuff as well. If I was in your area I’d love to come and listen to you.

Carolyn
              Participant

Zydeco music is what I was trying to spell . Cajun music and it sounds so great .

Grayfire_artz
                Participant

I love any folk/blue grass music I don’t play guitar very well but I can sing:D

Bodine
                  Participant

LFB,if you get the chance to go,it is BON TEMPS!!I personally don’t play,I wish,my husband plays Sax,well,used to.Sure wish he still did.Anywho,it is a lot of fun if anyone is ever in the area at the time,don’t miss it.

Every act matters.No matter how small💞
                    (Wanted......Brimstone Lap)
                    Male Hearth....one day🤞Dream on.

machineguts
                    Participant

Thanks for sharing everyone! Bodine I’ll definitely check that out sometime, it sounds awesome! And thanks TDM! 🙂

WolfenMachine
                      Participant

I love blue grass! I dont play any instruments (used to play Clarinet but that doesnt count)

There is a group called Iron Horse that does blue grass covers of rock and popular groups. I dont know much about them, but they have covered a lot of Modest Mouse songs and (so awesome)….even Metallica! Yes, blue grass versions of Metallcia songs! I love Modest Mouse, but I’d say Iron Horse does an equally good job singing their songs. Modest Mouse translates well into blue grass. My favorite is “Interstate 8”. I guess because I created a music video for it in my head and I can watch it play out every time I hear the song haha

machineguts
                        Participant

Bluegrass versions of Metallica songs!? That is SO awesome, thank you for sharing Wolfen!

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
                        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.