Anyone else have issues sleeping???

Home Forums Miscellany Community Anyone else have issues sleeping???

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 29 total)
  • Author

Here it is 4:50am and I’m wide awake for some strange reason. When I do go to bed I’m exhausted but then I only sleep for a few hours, like three at the most. This has been going on for about a week or so give or take a few days. But I’m still soooo tired. I try to go back to sleep but if feels like my body is resisting it. Then it’s like one minute I’m freezing and can’t seem to get enough covers and then two minutes later, I’m over heated and need to get rid of them all. Then the same process happens over and over again and I just can’t seem to get comfy. And it’s not like I’m sick or anything like that and it’s not like I’m not tired when I do go to bed. Does anyone else ever had similar issues??? All in all just curious. And very tired.

My most wanted list: Peacock kitty wizard, carnelian mouse wizard, copper patina frog wizard, autumn leaf poads, pumpkin spice kitties

My most wanted list: Peacock kitty wizard, carnelian mouse wizard, copper patina frog wizard, autumn leaf poads, pumpkin spice kitties

I don’t know if this is relevant, but you might want to check with your doctor to see if there is a hormone problem, thyroid, or maybe menopause if that is in the realm of possibility. Just a thought!

BDW
    Participant

Yes, I’ve been going through the same thing….going to bed around midnight sometimes earlier and I’m still up at 4AM….this morning I’ve been up since 3AM…so much for sleeping in :nea:

Bodine
      Participant

Blackdesertwind wrote:

Yes, I’ve been going through the same thing….going to bed around midnight sometimes earlier and I’m still up at 4AM….this morning I’ve been up since 3AM…so much for sleeping in :nea:

Yep,For us ladies anyhow.It does sound familiar,Doc. will help. 🙂

Every act matters.No matter how small💞
        (Wanted......Brimstone Lap)
        Male Hearth....one day🤞Dream on.

Pegasi1978
        Participant

I have nights where I have trouble sleeping myself. Right now since it’s fairly comfortable in my neck of the woods we have the windows open in the bedroom as well as a ceiling fan and an occilating fan on (rather than run the ac). On nights where the humidity is up I’ll go back and forth between the too hot/too cold thing (and I know it’s not menopause ’cause I’m only 30). So maybe you need to stir the air up some in your sleeping area.

Also do you exercise? If you exercise too late in the day it can affect your sleeping…so can drinking caffeine. Anything got you stressed out?

My biggest problem getting to sleep sometimes is just getting my brain to slow down. I’ll be tired, lay in bed and then it seems like a million things start swirling through my mind. When that happens I get up for a bit, write things out (on paper or in my livejournal account) and it seems to help a bit.

Other things that can affect your sleeping are not going to bed at regular times. I had a few nights where I went to bed earlier than usual and in the middle of the night I woke up and couldn’t go back to sleep. I didn’t even clue in on it until I went to bed at my “normal” bed time and slept the whole night through.

Basically there’s lots of things that can affect why you can’t sleep. These are just a few I can think of.

dragonmedley
          Participant

pegasi1978 wrote:

My biggest problem getting to sleep sometimes is just getting my brain to slow down.

I believe that’s the most common cause for insomnia – brain overload! How you get your brain to understand you need the sleep changes for everyone. Exercise, meditation, etc. are some examples. Reading, whatching a movie, whatever, everyone needs to figure out what works best for them.

The first thing, though, is figuring out exactly what the brain is so intent about in the first place…

Read my books! Volume 1 and 2 of A Dragon Medley are available now.
            http://www.sarahjestin.com/mybooks.htm
            I host the feedback lists, which are maintained by drag0nfeathers.
            http://www.sarahjestin.com/feedbacklists.htm

Normally I don’t but my new neighbor below me has let her kid and a friend I think go screaming through the house from about 7am onward this whole weekend, and I kept waking up from the shrieks and the thunderous running in the house @_@ During the day I wouldn’t care but who hosts a playdate weekend that starts that early for two days straight~?! I have a headache right now from all that interrupted sleep X_x

ETA: Sorry, that had barely anything to do with your post, just vented because it was fresh on my mind @_@

Duld
            Participant

my mom has the same problem and she has heart condition, so maybe you should see the doctor to see if you have your health, all right? better safe than sorry

Well, it’s not my thyroid or heart cuz I just had a bunch of blood work done a month ago (I hate getting blood taken, yuk) and they said everything was fine except cholesterol but I could have told them that without even having blood taken lol. As for exercise, I don’t get enough but I’m on my feet at work all day for 10 hours straight, no time to rest there except an hour lunch break so by the time I get home, I’m beat. So I go to bed exhausted and fall asleep pretty quick most of the time, it’s just waking up 2 hours later that is killing me. I don’t eat or drink anything past like 7 or so cuz I’ll be up all night if I do. It’s not menopause cuz I’m only 24…if it is then wow.

I know I’m a bit stressed but that’s life for me. In fact I’m not sure there was ever a time where I wasn’t stressed to be honest. I have tried to read, and watch movies to help switch my brain off, but by the third movie in a row for one night I’ve figured that that doesn’t work for me either. There have been periods of time where I don’t eat anything for like 4 to 5 days straight and still no sleep so I don’t think it’s what I eat. I’ve tried sleep meds but I’m sure I built up a tolerance for the ones that really worked cuz they stopped working all together. I have a fan in my room to keep the air flowing, I can’t open the window because 1. my apartment is right on the road and 2. not the best neighborhood in the world. I even wear ear plugs to help drown out the noise, so I doubt that it’s the noises.

This whole thing comes and goes, but I’m tired of having to deal with it so often. Each time it comes back, the time it takes to go away gets longer and longer.

Oh, I was just reading a book on ADHD (my brother has it, trying to understand it) and some people they interviewed about their symptoms mentioned an inability to sleep more than a few hours at night, maybe a possibility? You said you sometimes have trouble getting your brain to shut off, now that might just be stress, but that was another ADHD symptom, just thought I’d mention it.

My stress causes me to grind my teeth in my sleep, so I have to wear a nightguard to protect my teeth while I sleep!

Patricia
              Participant

Ahh sleep how I miss you. I havn’t been sleeping well for a long time myself. I’ll do that on occasion. Or I won’t sleep well and still be tired when i wake up. Have to admit I am thinking of seeing a doctor too….only I’m a little tired of visiting them right now…(I’ve been a lot lately. 🙁 )

While hiding somewhere in my head I'm on the lookout for white oriental dragons! Please let me know if you know of any available. Thank you!

Duld
                Participant

ooooh you should try something reeealy boring, like learning danish at night 😆

Jennifer
                  Keymaster

I have pretty bad insomnia too. 🙁

Volunteer mod- I'm here to help! Email me for the best response: nambroth at gmail.com
                    My art: featherdust.com

These days I have too much to do to sleep much. 🙄 I’ll just have to catch up after I’m dead. 😮

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 29 total)
                  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.