fbpx

Anyone collect Schleich toys? *pics*

Home Forums Miscellany Community Anyone collect Schleich toys? *pics*

Viewing 13 posts - 16 through 28 (of 28 total)
  • Author
    MandBsMom
    Participant

I like the animals and horses they make too. Growing up, my brother and I had an extensive collection of dinosaur toys, made up of numerous brands. My daughter LOVES the horses and I think between me and Granny, she has at least two dozen, maybe more. A couple are Papo, and a couple are Terra, which is found at Target. Mostly Schleichs. My son plays with them too. They also have a collection of the different animals, like pigs and cows, sharks and whales, dogs and cats, lions and tigers, and bears oh my! I’ve gotten a couple of Safari dragons from Micheals as well. We are now starting on the dinosaurs. I feel really weird about spending $25 for a huge Brachiosaurous and a Spinosaurous (each!) but I know they will last and last. They have some of the smaller Schleich dinos too. I like those kinds of toys because it encourages them to make up stories and use their imagination with them. The horses have families and protect each other. The dinos go hunting, the mamas all gather around and talk while their babies play together. It’s nice to watch.

Love baby kirins, safari poads, mini keepers, and anything BLUE, BLUE, and, oh yes, BLUE.

pipsxlch
      Participant

I purely LOVE some of the dinosaurs, but really can’t afford them at the moment- nor do I have the space. My (almost 16 year old) daughter loves Parasaurolophus, though, so that one was gotten… Maybe one day. And I do still have some of her Safari etc. toys, I was going to sell most/all of the animal ones (there is a collectors market for them actually, if you have a bunch of old unwanted farm, wild animal or dino toys try eBaying them) but am tempted to keep the dinos.

I do have the Safari water dragon, but it’s the only one. I don’t care for the other dragons (an Oriental is nice, but I don’t collect Orientals) except for a few of the Bayala ones I couldn’t afford. Approaching Windstone price, and I’d rather the Windstone. I haven’t seen a line of dragons other than the Safari ones, and don’t collect other fantasy. I do have a no-name plastic dragon also that I like kind of even though it’s ugly. Windstone has spoiled me!

I got my mom a Schleich (I think, long time ago) Arabian stallion I found once. It was lovely. To call some of these figures ‘plastic toys’ unfairly demeans them. I’ve seen pictures of a company ‘CollectA’ that looks great, but I don’t think they sell in the USA, more European.

Do my plastic goldfish count? A couple are Safaris, the others gashapons.

I will try to edit in a photo when I can, Photobucket is being extremely difficult for me suddenly. Can’t access my account on this computer, can’t upload on my husband’s.

Edit- think the issue is in my computer, not Photobucket now… please excuse the uber messy nightstand! Here’s my Safari water dragon and no name ugly dragon (and some fishes)
         photo P5080011_zpsrlqkgehh.jpg

pipsxlch
        Participant

I saw some pictures of Papo dinos on a different forum, man they were gorgeous! I wish I knew where to buy them in person(maybe it’s good I don’t).

I traded someone in Europe (where it’s based/sold) for a CollectA chestnut Arabian mare for my mom; she is absolutely beautiful and based on her I’d recommend their horses to anyone who wants quality durable horse models. Seriously, she looks like a Breyer and maybe even nicer than some of their models! She’s even anatomically correct! :lol She’s about the size of a Breyers Paddock Pal.

I got a set of Schleich dragons for Christmas, again trading/buying from Europe where they’re more available and cheaper. They’re in my post on the second page of the ‘Dragon Pics’ thread.

Prezaurian
          Participant

I often see Schleich toys in Toys R Us (fantasy series and natural). And some of the other brands (Safari in particular) in the Hobby Lobby, JoAnns and Micheals stores.

Sometimes you just have to look around in the smaller specialty toy stores to find Papo brand. I have luck in stores that sell innovative or educational toys. Downtown Greenville, SC has a toy store that sells Papo. And there is a toy store in Augusta, Ga that also sells Papo.

Celestial Rainstorm
            Participant

I have a gigantic collection of Safari Ltd. toys, but the Schleich’s are gorgeous too

Finding happiness again.

Nightcrow
              Participant

Well, I don’t collect them… but I do have a Schleich griffin for sale in the “Non Windstone Flea Market” thread. 😀

Your collection is lovely! If I had *room* for another herd of horses, I’d be tempted to pick up a new collecting hobby — but for now the Breyers will have to suffice me in the equine department.

Interested in buying or trading for: GB Pebble Sitting Red Fox in dark grey, Lap Dragon Test Paints (Water Sprite, Glacial Pearl, Opulence, Pastel Rainbow, and many others - see my Classifieds ad), Blue Morpho OW, GB Pebble Loaf dragons in blue/aqua/teal, and Griffin Test Paints (Black Rainbow or Frosted Jade).

MandBsMom
                Participant

See, I do the Breyers, Stones, resins, and china horses for me, and the Schleichs, Safaris, etc, for my daughter. For now anyway. :bigsmile:

Love baby kirins, safari poads, mini keepers, and anything BLUE, BLUE, and, oh yes, BLUE.

pipsxlch
                  Participant

I stole my mother’s toy horses and brought them over for photos. I believe she thinks the first 3 are just okay (has no use for toys), but she loves the chestnut mare. She thinks she’s better sculpted than many Breyers anymore. From what I’ve read, the mare is typical quality for the CollectA horses, but they don’t seem to market in North America.

photo IMG_0099_zpswnnsrhtp.jpg
                    First 2 are older Scleichs, the preggo mare is Mojo Fun.
                     photo IMG_0100_zps5azy77vs.jpg

The CollectA mare. The buffed areas are paint rubs; the person I traded for it from bought it at a thrift store in Holland. My biggest issue would be the soft plastic; one of the legs is bent some and a stiffer plastic would help. (this is repairable) The paint has that metallic sheen many of my mom’s real Arabs had.
                     photo IMG_0101_zpsr97y8ejh.jpg
                     photo IMG_0102_zpsetrsvr66.jpg
                     photo IMG_0103_zpszma5nxnq.jpg
                     photo IMG_0104_zpsebkf2gph.jpg
                     photo IMG_0105_zpsblcxhc41.jpg
                     photo IMG_0108_zpsx5db7uue.jpg

etruscan
                    Participant

There are over 400 United States listings for CollectA horses on ebay, and Amazon has 259 CollectA horses listed. You can buy them online through WalMart too. I don’t know whether they actually are available in stores anywhere.

Bodine
                      Participant

I have a herd of cows if anyone wants them.You pay for the shipping.Pm me.

Every act matters.No matter how small💞
                        (Wanted......Brimstone Lap)
                        Male Hearth....one day🤞Dream on.

pipsxlch
                        Participant

I’ve found them online, but that’s not the same as really being available to me. I generally don’t buy things unless I can see/hold/touch them first, unless I’m already familiar with them. Besides, shipping usually makes them rather too costly. I wouldn’t have gotten this one if shipping- and something else from the same person- hadn’t been my only expense.
                          My Walmarts at least does not carry Papo or CollectA; they do carry Schleich figures (as does Toys R Us and Tractor Supply). Michael’s and JoAnn’s have Safari; Target’s has Battat; and Hobby Lobby Mojo Fun. I have no independent toy shops in my area that I’ve been able to find. Just the big chains, probably good for my wallet.
                          Edit spelling.

Blight
                          Participant

Yes! My twin and I collect them! Well, collected! Back when they debuted and and better paint jobs.

Got the original unicorn mare, the original pegasus, er.. Some others, and Papo figures too. The first two headed dragons, cows, knights.

pipsxlch
                            Participant

A beautiful gift from a wonderful lady- Leafy Seadragon by Safari Ltd.   It makes me very happy.

photo IMG_0898_zpsyt2capot.jpg

old thread resurrect hah… I found a cow collector in England, Bodine, if you still want to get rid of some cows.

Found a decent new dragon I kinda liked, a sea dragon by Schleich , eating a flying fish because that’s the best food for water dragons 🙂

photo IMG_0715_zpsa4nvirbe.jpg

I found this guy at a junk shop in the Keys, he’s an antique toy made of composition material (an organic blend based on sawdust apparently, so don’t get wet). I got ahold of an expert on these toys, and it’s a German figure from a company called Elastolin and based on the mold and paint job predates 1930.     0.0    Frankly to have something this old and delicate scares me. I shall have to try and sell it.

photo IMG_0807_zpsejxl9i2e.jpg

Viewing 13 posts - 16 through 28 (of 28 total)
                            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.