fbpx

Anyone collect Schleich toys? *pics*

Home Forums Miscellany Community Anyone collect Schleich toys? *pics*

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 28 total)
  • Author

Hello ๐Ÿ™‚ I know I’ve been sparse on this board lately so I thought I’d share something interesting (and very cool) how many of you collect or just own some of the Schleich fantasy figures? If you don’t know, these are highly detailed, durable toys made by a German company, and they can be found in places like Toys R Us. You can also find plenty of them on the internet! There are also some awesome, large-scale dragon figures I’m dying to get my hands on, but they cost $30-$50 so they will have to wait for now.
    So here’s my small but growing collection so far. Being a huge horse lover, I guess it’s no surprise I love to nab the fantasy horses (and regulars) when I can find them.
    Here’s the pegasus family….the standing male is an earlier version, the female and baby are the newer versions that have designs on their backs.

Up close with the cute pegasus foal ๐Ÿ˜€

Here’s the very beautifully designed unicorn family…

Horse family I picked out…I believe the mommy draft horse and the baby go together, but the male may or may not be part of that set. All you horse experts can try and identify the color/breed but I’m pretty sure the mom is a draft, like a Belgian most likely. All these pieces are anatomically correct underneath ๐Ÿ˜€

Here’s a rather unusual piece and completely awesome…never saw this one in stores I ordered it off the internet. It’s a phoenix and has quite a wingspan!

And lastly here is a chimera made of total awesome-sauce. This is not Schleich but made by a company called Safari that has very similar high quality toys with a lot of detail.

Here is thing’s amazing tail! I am in awe over the detail on the scale work! For a $16 toy that’s pretty impressive in my opinion!

So I’m curious if we have other Schleich collectors out there! Do you like them? Let me know! Share pics too if you want, I’d love that! ๐Ÿ˜‰

haha…. my daughter (2) LOVES them!! she has mostly the regular animals, horses especially, but a few of the fantasy horses. i would post a pic of her collection but they are all in her bed right now with her while she’s napping. i love their quality and durability… we certainly prefer them over any of the other plastic animals that family and friends have given her. i actually saw them way before she was born and wanted them for myself, but felt kinda weird buying “toys” for myself. so now i have a perfect excuse!

machineguts
    Participant

I have a few Schleich figures, but not really a collection though! I agree, they are very high quality pieces for the value!

Daydreamer, there’s always a good excuse to buy yourself toys! (Well most of the time anyway! :D)

Lokie
      Participant

Those are cool!

I don’t have a collection but I am asking for a Schleich Holstein Cow figure for Christmas. I needed to list some under 10 gifts and I had being eyeing that cow forever. His baby is cute too. ๐Ÿ™‚

LadyFirebird
        Participant

I like those! I’m just a big kid in an old body ๐Ÿ˜† When I’m at Michaels I’ll pick up some of their fantasy toys–they aren’t that expensive, maybe around $10. I have a phoenix and a griffin and assorted owls and birds. I have to take pictures later–who knows, they might be Schleich.

Lupin
          Participant

I’ve been Collecting them under the Guise of them being my Son’s toys!!
            So obviously they’re not in the best of shape!!
            So far he’s got lots of the horses.
            His 1st Birthday cake had the foals on them, which were then also given to party goers as Birthday favors, & his 4th birthday & our Daughter’s 1st birthday cake will again feature them, but we’re going with Nights on chargers & fairies, or the Fantasy, planning a Castle-Medieval “Theme”. (uh yeah :snappy: I know that’s still 10 months away, but we’re starting the planning now, even have the date Sat Sept 10th)

As for your Black ones they’re the Freisan’s So definitely don’t(Aren’t Supposed to) go with the Grey. Who if I remember may be one of their Andalusian/Lipizzaner models.

Heather
            Participant

My niece loves Schleich figures, and since not only Target but also the local feed store and super-cool-independent toy store carry them, I’ve “accidentally” picked up a few myself. (“Oh, rats, she already has the stinking adorable white tiger cub. Darn!”) In the not-even-pretending-they-were-for-anyone-else category, I have a couple of small dragons (another feed-store find), the running pegasus, and the griffin (love him). I’m currently considering the Yorkshire bull, various chickens, and some more of the drafters. They really are very nicely made. There’s also a Christmas ornament given me by a friend who is a groomer; I have to laugh every time I see it. It’s the Rhode Island hen, suspended by a tiny rubber band around her neck on a piece of red ribbon. Got to applaud her: she used the materials at hand!

I don’t collect, but I’ve seen them at Toys R Us and Target. Not the fantasy ones though. And WOW, I really want that chimera!! O__O

PurpleTurtle
              Participant

I used to collect Schleich figurines, mostly animals. I also like Papo and some of the Safari Limited fantasy figurines are cool. Most of them are in a bin right now ๐Ÿ˜ณ .

Kathleen
                Participant

I recognize that phoenix. I found him at a garage sale for 25 cents. My sons friend next door loves the fantasy Schleck toys so I gave it to her. You have a wonderful collection and now make me wish I had kept it lol ๐Ÿ™‚

PS I found that same phoenix at a toy store called Laugh and Learn they wanted over 20 bucks for it ๐Ÿ˜ฎ now I really wish I had kept it ๐Ÿ˜†

Megan
                  Participant

I love the line, but collect too much already! ๐Ÿ˜†

I did buy my mom a set of a mother and baby alpaca, and a llama. Those are some of her favorite critters. And I have two little Schleich guinea pigs, and a red squirrel. They’re super cute.

Stormbreeze
                    Participant

I have a few, actually, from when I was young. I have that phoenix, a sea dragon, a forest dragon, a green dragon and a blue oriental dragon. I didn’t realize that they were collectible or any such thing till now :0

[i]Keeping an eye out for fantasy gryphons and test paint dragons.[/i]

SPark
                      Participant

I don’t collect them, but I do own a couple, and I think they’re great! Their attention to detail is fantastic, though moreso, I feel, with the real life animals than with the fantasy ones.

Funny story: I used to work for a children’s museum that had a castle play table for the youngest kids. We used to have to replace the knights and other toys there nearly every month, what with hundreds of kids playing with them every week. Until we started buying Schleich knights. The weapons sometimes broke still, but the knights and horses themselves would last for months and months before needing replacement. Those things are SUPER durable!

Prezaurian
                        Participant

I used to collect Schleich figurines, mostly animals. I also like Papo and some of the Safari Limited fantasy figurines are cool. Most of them are in a bin right now ๐Ÿ˜ณ .

I love Papo figures! They are so meticulous in detailing. I have a Papo Allosaurus, so cool! I wish I could have found a T-rex that wasn’t scuffed in the store. The green one…they made a brown one later on and a bunch of T-rex babies too (very cute!).

The Allosaurus:

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 28 total)
                        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.