fbpx

Any plans for Valentine's Day?

Home Forums Miscellany Community Any plans for Valentine's Day?

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 94 total)
  • Author
    Maria
    Participant

WolfenMachine wrote:

Aww, GB, I’m so jealous of your advanced french skills.

You overevaluate my French, Wolfen. My conversation includes a lot of repeated words and “uummm’s..”:lol: Maybe I should have said I can make myself understood to a very pateint person?

Quote:

I studied it 6 years (would be 7 if they hadn’t cancelled the class this semester!!!) And YOU get to actually use it. I rarely run into Francophones, although I know they’re here in the wood works somewhere. A boy in my Astronomy class came up to me the other day and just started talking French. I always get *so* excited that I start sweating and forget everything. ๐Ÿ˜ณ German lit…is the class IN german? Or just publications written BY germans? I’d love to take a lit class other than English or Brittish…French or Sweedish or Norweigan, Scottish….ANYTHING different. I hate how secondary languages aren’t mandatory in america. If the rest of the world knows more than one or two, we should too! Anyway…

All my classes are in German (obviously I have no need to learn English), so German lit is what normal English lit is to you. ๐Ÿ˜† For French and English the emphasis is on lit because it’s an easy thing to discuss and you get the spelling with the pronuniation – very important in French! I must admit I’m not impressed with French lit, but right now we’re on Moliรจre’s L’Avare which is hilariously funny and easy, without too much philosophy, unlike our other two books, Sartre’s Huis Clos and Maupassant’s Une Vie. But we got through them all because we’ve got a great teacher.

Bob

I can’t even prounounce those!

I don’t think I am doing much this year. Maybe we will go out to dinner and then rent a movie. But of course I will have to pay because he isn’t working at the moment. I will have to drag him out…hehe.

That sounds nice and relaxing. How is your boyfriend doing nowadays? Is he better?

Bob

I’m spending Valentines Day with my cats. The ones that really Love me

Jodi
          Participant

Dragon Master wrote:

And your new SK!

Bob

YEP!! I could not say that until after the auction ended and it was official. I might not have her in time for Vday this year. I’m going to have to figure out when I can drive down and pick her up. I’m not going to take the chance on the post office doing anything to her

Valentine’s? Huh? Who? ๐Ÿ˜†

Bob

WindstoneCollector wrote:

Valentine’s? Huh? Who? ๐Ÿ˜†

my thoughts exactly

LOL ๐Ÿ˜†

WolfenMachine
                Participant

Dragon Master wrote:

Aww, how cute! ^_^ Sounds like a hot date. Lots of licking and purring
                  (heee hee ๐Ÿ˜† Sorry, couldn’t resist)

mimitrek wrote:

That sounds nice and relaxing. How is your boyfriend doing nowadays? Is he better?

Yeah, it should be. He was doing better in Washington. His leg hurts here worse and he still can’t go back to work yet. And what is worse is that his job fired him ( I thought companies couldn’t do that if they are under a doctor’s care). So he is going to loose his insurance. I am trying not to worry about it and I guess I will deal with it when the time comes.

dragonessjade wrote:

mimitrek wrote:

Yeah, it should be. He was doing better in Washington. His leg hurts here worse and he still can’t go back to work yet. And what is worse is that his job fired him ( I thought companies couldn’t do that if they are under a doctor’s care). So he is going to loose his insurance. I am trying not to worry about it and I guess I will deal with it when the time comes.

Hmm…I didn’t think they could do that either. At any rate, its a really mean thing for his company to do. I hope he can get some kind of government benefits for disability/unemployment and to help cover the medical costs.

Skigod377
                  Participant

Im very sorry. That is crap. Can your man take them to court?

mimitrek wrote:

dragonessjade wrote:

mimitrek wrote:

Hmm…I didn’t think they could do that either. At any rate, its a really mean thing for his company to do. I hope he can get some kind of government benefits for disability/unemployment and to help cover the medical costs.

Nope, he can’t get unemployment because his ex-gf screwed him on that. He was thinking that he could take them to court, but they have been a good company (excellent bosses) except for the part of sending him a letter saying he was fired and that if he decided to come back he would have a good chance of getting hired back.

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 94 total)
                  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.