fbpx

Any plans for Valentine's Day?

Home Forums Miscellany Community Any plans for Valentine's Day?

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 94 total)
  • Author
    Maria
    Participant

I’m going to spend Valentine’s Day studying for finals which start the next Monday… πŸ˜•

Greater Basilisk wrote:

I’m going to spend Valentine’s Day studying for finals which start the next Monday… πŸ˜•

Definitely not the most fun Valentine’s Day activity — but good luck on the finals! πŸ™‚

What classes are you taking right now?

Maria
      Participant

Thanks mimi – I’m gonna need it. The classes I’m studying for are French, German lit, English (hah!), math, geography and economics. Economics and English are my best subjects; I’m worried about math and French. I hate math per se because I have no use for it. I do like French a lot; my French teacher will be the one thing I miss when I finish this school. But while I can converse with people and read French books with little trouble, I’ve found that the test environment steals my vocabulary. I’ve gotten over being worried about tests, but my French is a problem anyway.

I bet your French final will be fine — though I know what you mean about the effect of the test environment! πŸ™‚

Bob

best of luck GB!

Skigod377
          Participant

frozendragon wrote:

I plan on making voodoo dolls of certain people and stabbing them several times….

with a large pink knife that I’m gonna borrow from ski…

How did you know I have a pink knife!!??? Thats just freaky…

GOOD LUCK GB!! You will be fine!!

Ahem… My bf has just informed me that he does not celebrate Valentines Day and I have just informed him that he does… I do not know what we will be doing yet.

Bob

good luck on that one!!

skigod377 wrote:

Ahem… My bf has just informed me that he does not celebrate Valentines Day and I have just informed him that he does…

πŸ˜† πŸ˜† πŸ˜†

Maria
              Participant

Dragon Master wrote:

best of luck GB!

Thanks, DM and Ski. That helps, because I’m not too sure French will be fine. In November we had trial test, school internal, to prepare for the federal finals. On a scale of 1-6 (worst to best) I got a 3 in French. 4 is the minimum passing grade. Sheesh, I even did better in math! I’m trying to watch a lot of French movies because I think the main thing I’m lacking is a smooth understanding of the spoken language.
                Oh well. The upside is I can have a maximum total of 7 negative points and those were reserved from the beginning for math and French. πŸ˜€

Skigod377
                Participant

Well at least you have a plan πŸ˜† I still think you will be fine, though.

Maria
                  Participant

Sure, I’ll be fine. But my French score will be the pits. But I don’t care what the paper says anyway. I learned enough French to converse and read in. That’s plenty good enough. πŸ˜†

Starbreeze
                    Participant

Good luck GB!!! I know you’ll do well!!!

Maria
                      Participant

πŸ˜† With so much good luck from all of you I guess I won’t be able to help doing fine!

WolfenMachine
                        Participant

Aww, GB, I’m so jealous of your advanced french skills. I studied it 6 years (would be 7 if they hadn’t cancelled the class this semester!!!) And YOU get to actually use it. I rarely run into Francophones, although I know they’re here in the wood works somewhere. A boy in my Astronomy class came up to me the other day and just started talking French. I always get *so* excited that I start sweating and forget everything. 😳 German lit…is the class IN german? Or just publications written BY germans? I’d love to take a lit class other than English or Brittish…French or Sweedish or Norweigan, Scottish….ANYTHING different. I hate how secondary languages aren’t mandatory in america. If the rest of the world knows more than one or two, we should too! Anyway…

For V-Day…my boyfriend is in El Paso at Ft.Bliss πŸ˜₯ …its a Wednesday, so I’ll be getting up early, going to classes, coming home, going to work, and…well thats about as far as I’d planned.

Bob

My sister speaks French fluently. I wish I had started Sapnish in 7th grade like she did. She has also lived in Quebec and France so she has had a lot of uses for it. I agree a 2nd language should be manditory

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 94 total)
                          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.