ANy good finger food recipies?

Home Forums Miscellany Food ANy good finger food recipies?

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    Skigod377
    Participant

Skigod377
      Participant

Im hosting a party, and besides spinach dip, I really dont know any other good finger foods. Looking for easy and tasty recipies. 🙂

NirvanaCat13
        Participant

Use baby bok-choi leaves and fill them with a flavored cream cheese, or make your own, start with cream cheese, add garlic and herbs…or fruit…pretty tasty.

Also, not really “finger food” but if you have left over rice, add lemon pepper/lemon juice, soy sauce, worchestire (sp) sauce and Heinz 57/A1 steak sauce. Also add assorted frozen vegetables and microwave covered untill hot/unfrozen.

2 – 3 tbsp. butter
          2 large garlic cloves, peeled and crushed
          ~2 cups finely chopped mushrooms (brown or portobello, preferably)
          1/2 tsp. dried thyme (or basil), or 1 tsp. fresh herb
          1/4 c. dry white wine
          dash of lemon juice
          salt and pepper to taste

french bread sliced into 1/4″ thick rounds and toasted in the oven
          parmesean cheese

In saucepan over medium heat, melt butter, and sauté garlic for 1 minute. Add mushrooms and sauté until just softened. Add herbs and white wine, and stir occasionally until liquid in pan is reduced to ~1/4 the original volume. Remove from heat; add salt, pepper and lemon juice, stir, and spoon on top of toasted french bread rounds (top with parmesean cheese if desired).

Enjoy! 🙂

Starbreeze
          Participant

2 – 8 oz bricks of cream cheese softened
            12 oz canned crab meat (I use white meat)
            1 TBSP lemon juice
            1 medium onion chopped fine (optional)

Mix the above ingredients in a large bowl and spread in a glass dish.

Cocktail Sauce

Mix together:

1 cup ketchup
            1-3 TBSP horseradish (to taste)

Spread cocktail sauce evenly over the crab-cream cheese mixture. Chill for at least 4 hours. Serve with crackers. (I use water crackers.)

MMmm, crab spread. That was going to be one of mine but I changed my mind. Yours sounds tasty! I have fresh ginger in mine, but no onions.

nessiemom
            Participant

Pizza Dip

1 or 2 packages of cream cheese softened
              1 can Pizza Sauce
              1 lb Italian sausage
              1 or 2 cups shredded mozzarella
              3 or 4 chopped green onions
              1 or 2 cans sliced black olives

Remove Italian sausage from casings, cook thoroughly and drain well.
              Spread cream cheese in the bottom of a pizza pan to thickness desired. Layer pizza sauce, italian sausage, mozzarella, green onions and black olives, just like making a pizza… Serve cold.

Nice thing about this is you can experiment with the toppings you want…

Edited for spelling… cripes!!

Skigod377
              Participant

Nirvanacat13 wrote:

Use baby bok-choi leaves and fill them with a flavored cream cheese, or make your own, start with cream cheese, add garlic and herbs…or fruit…pretty tasty.

Hmmm… I dunno if we have bok-choi leaves here… I like the cream cheese idea. Yum!

Skigod377
                Participant

nessiemom wrote:

Pizza Dip

1 can Pizza Sauce
                  1 lb Italian sausage

Spread cream cheese in the bottom of a pizza pan to thickness desired. Layer pizza sauce, italian sausage, mozzarella, green onions and black olives, just like making a pizza… Serve cold.

Edited for spelling… cripes!! What do I use this dip for? Bread or crackers? Its sounds reaaaally good!

Skigod377
                  Participant

Thanks Star and DD! Those both sound good… minus the mushrooms, but hey, its not for me, right? 😆

I have an artichoke dip recipe and a spinach dip recipe if anyone ever needs a good one.

nessiemom
                    Participant

skigod377 wrote:

nessiemom wrote:

Pizza Dip

1 can Pizza Sauce
                      1 lb Italian sausage

Edited for spelling… cripes!! What do I use this dip for? Bread or crackers? Its sounds reaaaally good!

I use nacho chips or crackers… Plus keep a spoon handy, depending on how cold it is, it gets kinda hard to dish out with chips…

Tortilla roll ups

Mix chopped green onions, 1 block of cream cheese, and some diced ham or bacon together. Add however much of each ingredient as you wish, I usually use most of a bundle of green onions, 2 blocks of cream cheese and at least 8 oz of ham. It makes quite a bit of roll ups.

Spread over large tortilla about a 1/8 inch thick, roll up tortilla and then cut into 1 inch pieces, like sushi. Repeat on another tortilla until you run out of mix.

This one is really easy and quick. Store in fridge until ready to eat.

Kyrin

Stephanie
                      Participant

Kyrin wrote:

Tortilla roll ups

Mix chopped green onions, 1 block of cream cheese, and some diced ham or bacon together. Add however much of each ingredient as you wish, I usually use most of a bundle of green onions, 2 blocks of cream cheese and at least 8 oz of ham. It makes quite a bit of roll ups.

Spread over large tortilla about a 1/8 inch thick, roll up tortilla and then cut into 1 inch pieces, like sushi. Repeat on another tortilla until you run out of mix.

This one is really easy and quick. Store in fridge until ready to eat.

Kyrin

I make the same thing but I only use cream cheese and chopped black olives. Mix the two together and spread on a tortilla then roll it up and cut into pieces. Pretty good stuff!

And I have had one made with refried beans, chopped onion (or scalions) and cream cheese… but I think you spread a little cream cheese then the beans and sprinkle the onion on top then roll it! Its pretty good too!

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
                      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.