fbpx

ANTS!!!

Home Forums Miscellany Community ANTS!!!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 42 total)
  • Author
    drag0nfeathers
    Participant

Okay! I have HAD IT with the freaking ANTS this year!!! Has anyone else had a PLAGUE of tiny sugar ants this year? I have NEVER had them as bad as I have in past years! Yea, once in a while, you forget to put something away and “AH, there’s a few ants!” like 10 or 20 of them. This year I could write a freaking BOOK on all the experiences I have had this year!

They attack my dog food! They attack my cat food! I give a can to my older cat and BAM! ANTS within like 5-7 minutes! I had a SEALED bag of Reese Pieces next to my laptop and BAM ANTS! I can just feel something on my hand while I have it on the mouse and my arm is CRAWLING with them! It’s like “AAAAHHHHHH!!! FREAKING ANTS!!!!!” I had a soda on my night stand for about an hour while I was watching a movie, I take a sip and it’s BAM ANTS!!! IN MY MOUTH!!! Do I swallow? YES I DO!! NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!! FREAKING ANTS IN MY SODA CAN AND ALL OVER THE NIGHTSTAND!!! Oh! My I have a bowl of Fruity Pebbles this morning? NO YOU MAY NOT! ANTS IN MY CEREAL!!!! IN MY SEALED BRAND NEW BOX OF CEREAL!!!! It’s not like I am dirty and leave this crap lying around opened! WTF?!?! THEY ARE EVERYWHERE THIS YEAR!!! DUDE! Can I even properly brush my teeth and rinse with mouthwash? NO!! ANTS IN THE LISTERINE!!! ARE YOU KIDDING?!?! NO I AM NOT!

I have sprayed Raid Ant Killer, works for a few HOURS and they are back! I even got that Ortho Home Defense that is supposed to work for 6 months and they are BACK in 3 days!!! WHAT IS IT THIS YEAR WITH THE FREAKING ANTS!!!!!!!!!????????? AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!

Got a busted Windstone?
      drag0nfeathersdesign@gmail.com
      *OPEN for repairs*

*SEEKING GRAILS*
      Arc-en-ciel Emperor
      Siphlophis Male Dragon
      Calypso Hatching Empress
      Ivory Moss Sitting Baby Kirin
      Tattoo Mother Kirin
      Emerald Tabby Male Griffin
      Tie Dye + Orion Hatching Royalty
      Indigo Rockfish + Flame Tabby Little Rock Dragons
      Dragon Quail + Obsidian Frost Old Warriors
      Betta Sun Dragon + Male Dragon
      Dreamscape, Orion, Poison Dart, Fireberry, Spangler + Tigerberry Dragons

Purplecat
      Participant

We are having the SAME problem this year!! It’s insane!!!!!!

Adaneth
        Participant

It’s the fruit flies driving me wild this summer, but I feel your pain with the ants. ๐Ÿ™ They tend to give me crap more in the winter.

Skeeterdeee
          Participant

Ditto. Ours aren’t that bad, but they still suck worse than usual. I swallowed one the other day because they were on my mt. dew can. :sick: My hubby said, “that’s okay, they’re good for you. They contain ant-acids”. *eye-roll*

Carolyn
            Participant

Terro kills ants fast and it works . No spraying either . In a day or two they are gone . Kills the entire colany of ants .

drag0nfeathers
              Participant

I’m spraying more Ortho today, but I will have to try that Terro stuff you mentioned. I seriously just squished one on my laptop screen! GAH!

Got a busted Windstone?
                *OPEN for repairs*

*SEEKING GRAILS*
                Arc-en-ciel Emperor
                Siphlophis Male Dragon
                Calypso Hatching Empress
                Tattoo Mother Kirin

Purplecat
                Participant

‘ant-acids’…….ROFL

twindragonsmum
                  Participant

I’m spraying more Ortho today, but I will have to try that Terro stuff you mentioned. I seriously just squished one on my laptop screen! GAH!

*SNOERK!*

twindragonsmum :bigsmile:

tdm

Syn
                    Participant

I have had the same problems with ants this year, swarms of them. We are in a wooded area and get all kinds of creepy crawlies, racoons, possums, skunks, deer, etc. Yes, deer are a problem too; they ate all my rhododendrons and azaleas enough to kill them off and are now working on my evergreens.

I can adapt to just about everything, but not the ants; I HATE THEM. I tried everything I could find to get rid of them, including vacuuming them up, and nothing worked. I tried different ones by Ortho, Andro, and a third one whose name I forget; they did not work. I have even had all three brands out at once, hoping if one didn’t get them another would. The ants were victorious. Then I found one that did work: Terro Liquid Ant Baits. They have several ant products, including one that has little stakes for outside use; that one didn’t do much.

Try the Terro Liquid Ant Baits; it wiped the ants out completely within three days. It comes in a box of six or nine little trays that are all set to go. You just cut off a little colored spot to give them an access point and then put it down. The hardest part is letting them go in and out again without obliterating them yourself; some die right inside the trays, but the ones that get out are the ones that go back to the nest and do the damage.

twindragonsmum
                      Participant

If you want a more natural solution that won’t hurt your fur babies you might try sprinkling catnip across the ant path and around the foundation of your home. Ants do not like catnip at all… Won’t kill the little boogers but it’ll keep ’em out of your house ๐Ÿ˜‰

twindragonsmum :bigsmile:

tdm

drag0nfeathers
                        Participant

Yea, Sasha reccommended that liquid Terro stuff as well! I already have my online order in! I hope it works!

I JUST made dinner and was going to put the leftovers in some Tupperware and the Tupperware cabinet was FULL of ants!!!! ARGH!!! They are empty containers!!! WTH do they even WANT IN THERE!?! Now I have to wash them all again because it skeeves me out now knowing which ones they crawled into!

Got a busted Windstone?
                          *OPEN for repairs*

*SEEKING GRAILS*
                          Arc-en-ciel Emperor
                          Siphlophis Male Dragon
                          Calypso Hatching Empress
                          Tattoo Mother Kirin

Carolyn
                          Participant

The bugs that drive me nuts is asian ladybugs . They are orange and annoying ! I hate them . They like Terro too . They are just harder to get rid of .

Kujacker
                            Participant

We haven’t had any number of ants in quite awhile. There are one or two here and there but that’s it.

I hear borax is great for getting rid of insects.

twindragonsmum
                              Participant

Tabasco hot sauce works too… Folks around here are predicting a very bad winter because the ant colonies are dividing and conquering… Lots and lots of ants taking wing… *shudders!* gives me the collywobbers *more shudders!* I HATE flying ants!!!

twindragonsmum ๐Ÿ˜‰

tdm

bayoudragon
                                Participant

I’ve learned to live with my little sugar ants, but I don’t have anything close to that kind of problem (I thank the little baby geckos for that… LOL).

I’m a little more tolerant of bugs than most people, being an entomologist… but if it’s one thing I can’t stand, it’s the large American cockroaches!! I so can’t wait to move out of my condo. It’s hard fixing a bug problem when your living space is connected to everyone else’s. GRRRR!! ๐Ÿ˜

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 42 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.